Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Sensor bar problem?

bastband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bastband

I have a PRemium pack and I cannot seem to get the sensor bar to work. Is it straightforward working or not? I have pointed directly in front, 2" and walked backwards 10 feet and still nothing happens? Any tips?

SirShandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SirShandy

It should be pretty straightforward. The only things I can think of is making sure the Wii remote is working and properly synched up with the console (the first light on the bottom of the Wii remote should be lit blue). It's also possible you might have some infrared interference from some other source, like sunlight, that could be interrupting the signal. After that, I think you might just have a faulty sensor bar.

I don't know how obvious this will sound to you, but the wii U gamepad itself does not interact with the sensor bar, in case that might be the problem, it only works with the original wii/ wii U remotes.

If you need to, you can buy a new sensor bar. Any infrared sensor bar should work with it. You can find some on Amazon for under five dollars if you need to.

shadeless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shadeless

make sure to push the connector all the way into the wiiu. not sure if this is only a problem with the old wii sensor bar. but when i first setup my wii u (with my wii sensor bar) it didn't work, cause i thought the connector was all the way in, when it was not.

to check if the sensorbar itself works, you can also take a photo of it, and check, if you can see the ir-leds. (infrared light is visible on most cameras).

if that doesn't work, put 2 candles on your tv. they, too emit ir-light and your wiimote should pick them up ;)

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Is this a dream?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

@bastband: Also remember to check the manual and quickstart guide since they'll probably have tips that weren't mentioned in this thread.

sonicrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sonicrift
    No Caption Provided

@shadeless said:

to check if the sensorbar itself works, you can also take a photo of it, and check, if you can see the ir-leds. (infrared light is visible on most cameras).

Here's a shot of a wireless (battery powered) sensor bar taken from my work Macbook Pro's camera. (I keep it at work for the occasional Wii night). Those infrared lights don't show up on my iPhone 4S camera, but I used to see them with my 3GS. The lamp in the middle is just the auto-off timer, but I wanted to show an example of the intensity of the light you should see. Try a couple of cameras if you don't see the lights. The first time I ever noticed these lights, I was bumming around with a DSi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.