Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Wii U eShop music

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By evanbower

With the Wii U launching on Sunday, the countdown can begin to Giant Bomb's live stream and seeing what the system is really all about. Of course, the first objective of the stream will have to be browsing through the Wii U's menus to find where Nintendo's latest musical gem is hidden. Now I hear you, and you're saying, "look no farther than the Wii U's eShop," and if Nintendo has something in store for us on par with the Wii Shop or DSiWare, I'll be as happy as anyone. However, with the 3DS, they treated us to not one, but TWO unstoppable jams, but threw us off the scent by putting them in the Mii Plaza and Puzzle Swap respectively.

To refresh your memory:

Unless I've missed something here and the Wii U eShop/anthem have already been unveiled. But looking out my window, the streets aren't lined with dancing and celebration, so I can't think that can be the case.

Until then, I suppose all we can do is speculate. How jaunty will the bass-line be? Will the melody be in the form of xylophone, or perhaps duelling saxes? Sunday...

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dropabombonit

You can be sure that Giant Bomb will have the EXCLUSIVE on this info

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ducksworth
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

I disagree with your 3DS music choices. 3DS activity log is the only music you need!

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evanbower

@Ducksworth: @GunstarRed: The activity log music is great, no denying it. If the 3DS' music were an album, it would be solid front to back. Everyone would have their own personal favourites.

As for the Wii U music that has been revealed, the eShop music is suspiciously missing. They must be holding back something huge.. but just listening through some of it quickly, this may be the equivalent of Nintendo's darkly brooding and personal album. If you make a Mii to this music, he would have to be ponderous of life's bigger questions. Also, I like the little Zelda nod at 0:31.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ducksworth

I hope the eShop music is upbeat, the rest of the tracks feel way too mellow for my liking especially compared to how bright and cheery the Wii/3DS are. WiiU activity log doesn't sound half bad though.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evanbower

@Ducksworth: Yeah, sounds good. One good sign, especially when considering Jeff's "bwah bwah" complaint about the NSMB music, is that the instrumentation seems to have matured a little bit in the menu music. I don't think Nintendo's problem with music in the last generation has been in composition (the Galaxy and Skyward Sword soundtracks are incredible) but in the cheese ways they've chosen to perform it in some of the more family-oriented titles, which is boiled down perfectly in those bwah bwah's.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By killacam

I'm hijacking this thread. It is now about PS store's music. Issues to be discussed: why doesn't the PS store have any music?

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evanbower

@killacam said:

I'm hijacking this thread. It is now about PS store's music. Issues to be discussed: why doesn't the PS store have any music?

It's pretty experimental, but I think the idea is you create your own music with that clicking noise.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By killacam

@evanbower said:

@killacam said:

It's pretty experimental, but I think the idea is you create your own music with that clicking noise.

Selling my guitar!

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Kerned

Nintendo had had an unstoppable knack for music since the very beginning. It's really remarkable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.