Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

European WiiWare/DSiWare Release List

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Bonus! Help your friends get their Wii online, earn free Wii points and tons of games. Read the bolded text if nothing else.

16 September 2009 – Nintendo of Europe is today holding a summit for media and developers in the heart of London, at which it will exclusively reveal a whole host of new games scheduled for launch on WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare in the coming months. And who better to show off the games than the creators themselves!

Highlights of the day will include a world-first hands-on experience of LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias developed by Frontier, creators of the original LostWinds for WiiWare in 2008. David Braben from Frontier will be speaking exclusively to media on this new sequel and explaining why he believes the game couldn’t have happened without WiiWare.

Other major names from the gaming world are attending to speak about their enthusiasm for WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare as great platforms to create unique games. Dave Grossman of Telltale Games, who wrote and programmed the first two games in the legendary Monkey Island series at LucasArts, will be discussing why Telltale Games chose WiiWare as an exclusive console platform for the hilarious new Tales of Monkey Island.

And gaming legend, Kenji Eno, is attending the event to unveil his new WiiWare game, You, Me, and the Cubes.

Nintendo will also be unveiling the first in a series of animations produced exclusively for Nintendo DSiWare by Aardman studios, the creators of the Oscar-winning Wallace and Gromit films. In an exclusive partnership with Nintendo, Aardman Studios has produced 12 mini animations using Flipnote Studio, the free and fun animation application for Nintendo DSi, which will be available to download for free, one per week in the run up to Christmas.

Laurent Fischer, Managing Director, Marketing & PR, Nintendo of Europe, who is hosting the event, said: “The market for video games is changing, reaching different people and in different ways. Wii and Nintendo DSi are also part of a new way to develop, deliver and experience games – by download.

“Exciting new, smaller developers are able to use the Nintendo Shop to reach consumers where they may have struggled before. This is encouraging different types of games to reach people, and encouraging customers to play those games direct from their consoles.

“We believe that this will complement the traditional retail model and in fact expand the overall gaming market, offering unique, innovative games that will appeal to all types of gamers. We also believe that the download phenomenon will encourage more creativity, co-creation and sharing of experiences between gamers themselves.”

The event will focus on the theme of creativity and sharing, which Nintendo believes are supported by both Nintendo DSiWare and WiiWare platforms. Also on show at the event will be the Facebook application for Nintendo DSi. Announced and launched on Nintendo DSiWare recently, the application allows users to get the most out of the fun image manipulation tools on the Nintendo DSi camera, and post their photographic creations straight to their Facebook profile.

In one final exclusive, Nintendo announced that it will launch a ‘Connection Ambassador Promotion’. The rewards scheme for loyal fans of WiiWare will start in Europe this October and will allow players to become Ambassadors by encouraging friends and family to get connected with their Wii. The Ambassador, as well as the player they help connect, will both receive 500 Wii Points for connecting one person. When the Ambassador helps connect 20 people (which is the maximum number for the reward), the total amount of Wii Points received will equal 10,000, which can be spent on fun and unique WiiWare games.

Even better, if the Ambassador helps 10 people connect; they can attain gold status, which will then enable the Ambassador to download all Nintendo first party NES games for free on Virtual Console! If, however, they help 20 people connect, they will be given platinum status and will be able to download for free all first party and third party NES, SNES and N64 games on Virtual Console!

Today also marks the relaunch of Nintendo of Europe's WiiWare portal, which functions as the main hub for the latest WiiWare news and game sites, while at the same time providing the perfect entry point for newcomers to the service. Weekly and all-time Top 10 lists show which WiiWare titles Club Nintendo members are currently downloading the most, and which are the most popular of all time. The portal also provides step-by-step tutorials explaining how to connect the Wii console to the Internet and how to download WiiWare software, as well as a video showing how to use Nintendo Points. Visit www.wiiware.co.uk for all the details.

The full list of games on display at the WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare media summit include:

WiiWare:

Nintendo DSiWare:

Full release list:

WiiWare
    Learning with the Pooyoos Episode 1 - Lexis Numerique - September
    UNO - Gameloft - September
    Worms: Battle Islands - Team 17 - September
    You, Me, and the Cubes - Nintendo - September
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2 - Telltale Games - September

LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias - Frontier - October
    BIT.TRIP.VOID - Aksys - October
    Max & The Magic Marker - Press Play - October
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 3 - Telltale Games - October
    Miffy's World - Pan Vision - October
    Toribash - Nabi Studios - October
    Cave Story - Nicalis - October
    Shootanto Evolutionary Mayhem - Hudson Soft - October
    Frogger - Konami - October
    Tomena Sanner - Konami - October
    Manic Monkey Mayhem - The Code Monkeys - October
    Ghost Mansion Party - Gameloft - October
    Dracula - Undead Awakening - Chillingo Ltd. - October

And Yet it Moves - Broken Rules - November
    La Mulana - Nicalis - November
    Military Madness: Nectaris - Hudson Soft - November
    Ben 10 - Konami - November
    Copter Crisis - Digital Leisure - November
    Night Sky - Nicalis - December
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland - Akaoni Studio S.L - December
    Diner Dash - Hudson Soft - December
    Fast Draw Showdown - Digital Leisure - December

Rage of the Gladiator - Ghostfire Games - Q4 2009
    Liight - Walljump Studios - Q4 2009
    Leed the Meerkats - Lapland Studios - Q4 2009
    TV Show King 2 - Gameloft - Q4 2009
    Furry Legends - Gamelion Studios - Q4 2009
    Hoopworld - Virtual Toys - Q4 2009
    Pearl Harbor - Episode 1: Red Sun Rising - Legendo Entertainment AB - Q4 2009
    Solitaire - GameOn - Q4 2009
    Blockout - Cosmigo - Q4 2009
    Art of Balance - Shin'en Multimedia - Q4 2009

Super Meat Boy - Team Meat - Q1 2010
    B.C.Kid: BRINK OF EXTINCTION - Hudson Soft - Q1 2010
    Bang Bang Racing - Playbox Games - Q1 2010
    Castlevania Re:Birth - Konami - Q1 2010
    Where's Waldo - The Fantastic Journey - Ludia Inc. - Q1 2010

DSiWare
    SUDOKU - EA - September
    MySims Camera - EA - September
    UNO - Gameloft - September
    Bomberman Blitz - Hudson - September

Dracula - Undead Awakening - Chillingo Ltd. - October
    Flight Control - Firemint - October
    Castle of Magic - Gameloft - October
    myNotebook: Red - Nnooo - October
    myNotebook: Green - Nnooo - October
    myNotebook: Blue - Nnooo - October
    Pop Island - Odenis Studios - October
    Combat of Giants: Dragons - Bronze Edition - Ubisoft - October
    A Little Bit of Brain Training: Arts Edition - Nintendo - October

Downtown Texas Hold 'Em - EA - November
    High Stakes Texas Hold'em - Hudson Soft - November
    SUDOKU Sensei - Hudson Soft - November
    Flashlight - Kasaa solution - November
    Discolight - Kasaa solution - December
    Super Yum Yum - Mastertronic - December

THE TRAVELLER - AGENIUS Interactive AS - Q4 2009
    Alien Havoc - CREAT Studios - Q4 2009
    Quick Pick - Dancing Dots - Q4 2009
    Ferryman Puzzle - Engine Software - Q4 2009
    Simply Sudoku - Engine Software - Q4 2009
    Simply Solitaire - Engine Software - Q4 2009
    Simply Mahjong - Engine Software - Q4 2009
    Extreme Hangman - Gamelion Studios - Q4 2009
    Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight - Gameloft - Q4 2009
    Chess & Checkers - GameOn - Q4 2009
    Backgammon - GameOn - Q4 2009
    Globulos Party - GlobZ - Q4 2009
    Reflections - Konami - Q4 2009
    The Price is Right - Ludia Inc. - Q4 2009
    Hell's Kitchen VS - Ludia Inc. - Q4 2009
    Car Jack Streets - Tag Games - Q4 2009
    Spaceball: Revolution - Virtual Toys - Q4 2009
    VT Tennis 2010 - Virtual Toys - Q4 2009

Where's Waldo - The Fantastic Journey - Ludia Inc. - Q1 2010
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

They did the same in Japan a couple of months back.

La Mulana is coming out this year - cool 

Nice to see Konami pick up Reflections DS

Not interested in anything other than these...

• B.C.Kid: BRINK OF EXTINCTION - Hudson Soft - Q1 2010
    • LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias - Frontier - October
    • BIT.TRIP.VOID - Aksys - October  
    • Bomberman Blitz - Hudson - September
    • Reflections - Konami - Q4 2009 
    • La Mulana - Nicalis - November
    • Castlevania Re:Birth - Konami - Q1 2010
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

I added a video to the OP, the upload is mine and it's my first youtube upload, so if anyone has it in better quality link me and I will replace it.

Not interested in Max & the Magic Marker, Night Sky, Super Meat Boy (with level editor!), Worms? Maybe you need to look into some of these.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's nice to see that we get all of Nicalis' games this year in Europe (if all goes well), shame that Castlevania got pushed back for us though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Night Sky looks interesting but there's little info and no footage of the gameplay. I have a few Worms games already, control wont be enough to warrant a purchase.  

Really not interested in the rest. Max looks good in concept but I dislike it's simple use of line depicted on screen -  crude. Besides, Lost Winds 2 will provide all that I want as far as Wii Remote aided platforming.  I don't like the look of Super Meat Boy, I would rather spend the cost of 1000 points on other games elsewhere... 

On another note, I wish I never bought Bubble Bobble on Wii, the 360 version is superior.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Um, how should the marker in Max & the Magic Marker look? It looks fine in the full trailer to me, even has a little bit of 3D-ness going when he just scrambles a bunch of lines together to make a weight for the see-saw (edit: just realised you meant how the lines are used than how they look - the full trailer hints at enough advanced functions to also expect much more from it in later stages imo, similar to crayon physics deluxe). And hey, I liked Lost Winds too but that doesn't mean I didn't also enjoy Icarian very much, or that I won't enjoy other platformers which may use superficially similar mechanics but offer a different experience. I meant what I said, that is, look into these games a little more, rather than just look @ the brief clips on Nintendo websites. Ie, Night Sky is from the developer of Knytt and Within a Deep Forest, see the extended clips of Max & the Magic Marker and how it's improved in the latest, play Meat Boy to see what to expect from Super Meat Boy and its cameos of characters from Braid and other indie games, etc. If you're still not interested, oh well I guess. I'm still glad WiiWare gets all these quality games, it's shaped up to be a great service despite being the youngest of the lot, and much like the Wii, offering mostly different experiences to the others.

What's changed in Bubble Bobble Neo? Did they fix all the little physics changes the Wii version had?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

I wish the Wii was more popular here, helping 20 people nets you 10000 points + the whole NES, SNES, N64 libraries... How awesome is that? Yes, it's still attempting to register in my brain. Lucky whoever reaches platinum status, or even gold, or even just nets some free points...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.