Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Pikmin 2 P-o-W Trailer

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nintendo have put out a trailer and promo for the upcoming release of  Pikmin 2 Play on Wii.

No Caption Provided

My review of the first, for those that have played the original game before on the GC

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Marzy

Thanks for posting these up LS. : )

It's a shame I didn't get round to buying the Pikmin 2 on the GC, if I had of known that it would sell at such a high price now, I would have bought it when it was released. I'm glad they're are re-releasing this on the Wii, as I'll finally be able to pick it up for cheaper, but I'm personally disappointed by no option to play with the GC controller.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Marzy said:
    "Thanks for posting these up LS. : )

It's a shame I didn't get round to buying the original on the GC, if I had of known that it would sell at such a high price now, I would have bought it when it was released.

I'm glad they're are re-releasing this on the Wii, as I'll finally be able to pick it up for cheaper, but I'm personally disappointed by no option to play with the GC controller.
    "

This sequel costs around 30 pounds here, secondhand on Gamecube, I have not seen it go for less than that.  Given that fact, you are much better off getting this on Wii. I think it's a postive having no experience of the GC games. I'm pretty sure you will come to love both games as I do, more so this sequel which is refined over the original in both gameplay and content.

The Wii controls with this game work as well as expected, they suit the game very well.

Get both of them.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Some games are just better suited on the Wii, rather than Gamecube. RE4 and this are two great examples.

However, I doubt I'll be getting Pikmin. I'm not big on RTS games. I do like the fact that Nintendo is actually optimizing games for the Gamecube to be played on the Wii.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

RE4 Wii was a great game, but I do feel they should have upped the aggression on the NPC AI, given the new controls. When it's played in the hardest difficulty it's better than it ever was elsewhere though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.