Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Pro Evo 09 Wii Japanese Website Launches

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Konami have set a release date for Pro Evo 09 Wii in Japan - May 14th 2009

A website has also been launched which contains videos showcasing the revised and refined control scheme for both "Play Maker Style", & "Winning Eleven Style". The latter using the more conventional Classic Controller or tilted Wii Remote.

"Master League" mode is also said to be included in this version, which will no doubt be a welcome by many fans.

Check out the videos on the official website here

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not much of a soccer games player but I'm actually considering it with the remote based controls looking so neat.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Apparently Konami have recently admitted removing alternate controls schemes from the first game on Wii, in order to force people to get to grips with the new Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls.

The common opinion on the first was that it was a good game, but took some solid time getting used to because of the radically new controls. It put even seasoned players like myself off after having played it. That first game also tied shooting to a gesture, which was plain wrong, not just by my estimation but many others also. One other aspect that many fans disliked including me was the defensive controls, which were really tough to deal with and lacked any flexibility.

All these issues are said to be cleared up within this game. Konami have listened to fans both in Europe and in Japan. This could be a very good game, the first was more of a experiment in my opinion, a necessary one.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By AutomaticSnake

lol anyway im currently waiting for PES2010 on a real console, hopefully its good or i quit PES and move back to Fifa.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Olol, I get it, teh Wii is not a real console!!!!11 so funneh, how did you come up with such funnyness, you must be a genious kid!!!!1?? Too bad PES has been getting stale and/or worse on other systems while truly innovating and excelling on the FAEK CONSOEL eh (even with the issues Linky mentions)?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose

I absolutely loved the last one, can't wait to get my hands on this one since Fifa, while good, was still just a shadow of its 360 counterpart.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

It looks great

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Milkman
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Olol, I get it, teh Wii is not a real console!!!!11 so funneh, how did you come up with such funnyness, you must be a genious kid!!!!1?? Too bad PES has been getting stale and/or worse on other systems while truly innovating and excelling on the FAEK CONSOEL eh (even with the issues Linky mentions)?"
    Dude, making you shake your hands around to shoot the ball does not equal innovation. It doesn't really matter now anyway because "real console" or "fake console" PES has sucked for a while now.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Olol I'm gonna pretend u said shaking to shoot = innovation and make other shit up about games I never played :O

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Milkman
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Olol yea shaking is all that you did in teh gaem last year so u will jus do teh shaking here again and oh yea i never played teh wii pes but i'll say it suqed as much as on the other systems lolz kthxbai."
    ...Um...yeah. I'm not bashing the Wii or anything. I own all 3 consoles. So, chill out there for a second.

But all I'm saying is calling the Wii version of PES innovative doesn't make any sense. That's like calling the Wii version of Madden innovative.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Black_Rose
    Milkman said:
    "...Um...yeah. I'm not bashing the Wii or anything. I own all 3 consoles. So, chill out there for a second.But all I'm saying is calling the Wii version of PES innovative doesn't make any sense. That's like calling the Wii version of Madden innovative. "

Did you play last year's game?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Milkman said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    "Olol yea shaking is all that you did in teh gaem last year so u will jus do teh shaking here again and oh yea i never played teh wii pes but i'll say it suqed as much as on the other systems lolz kthxbai."
    ...Um...yeah. I'm not bashing the Wii or anything. I own all 3 consoles. So, chill out there for a second.But all I'm saying is calling the Wii version of PES innovative doesn't make any sense. That's like calling the Wii version of Madden innovative. "

Shooting is now tied to the a button press. Besides, nobody is saying that equates to innovation, being able to thread the ball through defenses with IR is however. Such a control scheme allows for far more control, you can now exert changes in real time without having to go into the menus in other versions.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Milkman
    Black_Rose said:
    "Milkman said:
    "...Um...yeah. I'm not bashing the Wii or anything. I own all 3 consoles. So, chill out there for a second.But all I'm saying is calling the Wii version of PES innovative doesn't make any sense. That's like calling the Wii version of Madden innovative. "
    Did you play last year's game? "
    I realize that the Wii version of Pro Evo 08 was a lot better than the PS3 and 360 versions but there was nothing innovative about it is what I'm trying to say. Sure, the new control scheme was great but calling it innovative just seems a little silly to me.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

If with Madden you're reffering to "call your shots" mode in the last Madden then yes, that's pretty innovative also taken separatelly, though it's very similar to what PES added to the table over other versions of the game and in fact other franchises on other systems. Additions like this change the gameplay rather than simply change the way you play the same game as the other systems, and they're far more than what you first implied when you acted as if waggle replacing button presses is all these games do to freshen up the experience on the Wii. It's not.

PS: I love people going all "dude I own a Wii" :)

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Rose
    Milkman said:
    "I realize that the Wii version of Pro Evo 08 was a lot better than the PS3 and 360 versions but there was nothing innovative about it is what I'm trying to say. Sure, the new control scheme was great but calling it innovative just seems a little silly to me."
    As someone who has been playing football games since the SNES i can say that PES 08 on Wii was innovative and more realistic than most football games out there, in fact it was so good than even Fifa tried a similar one this year, I call that innovative. 
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Milkman
    Black_Rose said:
    "Milkman said:
    "I realize that the Wii version of Pro Evo 08 was a lot better than the PS3 and 360 versions but there was nothing innovative about it is what I'm trying to say. Sure, the new control scheme was great but calling it innovative just seems a little silly to me."
    As someone who has been playing football games since the SNES i can say that PES 08 on Wii was innovative and more realistic than most football games out there, in fact it was so good than even Fifa tried a similar one this year, I call that innovative.  "
    Maybe it's just that I'm not that deep into to soccer games. I'm willing to admit that I know a lot more about NBA, MLB and NFL games than I do soccer games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.