Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Simplest Seuss for Youngest Use

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lazyturtle

I have two little kids. By little I mean 2 and 4. My wife bought a Wii because some of her friends kids enjoy playing it..so far its been a bit of a hard sell for my kids (on the upside they seem to enjoy watching ME play..which is fine by me). 

Can anyone recommend any games to me for that age range? It came with Wii Sports (they like a few of those games) and we bought the Winter Olympics game (too much for them) and Resident Evil 4 (I might be a bastard, but I'm not letting my 4 year old shoot zombies...call CPS if you must). I rented Cars because my son is a total nut for the movie, but it really wasn't all that kid friendly of a game imo. I'm looking for simple, easy to play but fun games.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

That is a hard age group to appease, due to limited, or not reading skills.  You may want to think about Wii Sports Resort as it has more games than the first.  Wii Play has some simple games to play and it gets you another Wiimote.  I do implore you note to waste money on any of the cheap games that are marketed to kids as they are truly bad.  That includes all the mini-game collections.  Ensure you check with metacritic.com  (   alphabetical order  )  to see what they review like before wasting money. 

Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart shouldn't be all that hard for them to play and you will have fun as well.  Mario Party could be fun as a family game.  Raving Rabbids games can be fun, but actually really hard with some.  Punch Out ?  MySims, especially if one is a girl, but again, can be difficult to navigate.  Endless Ocean may be nice.  Elebits is a simple shooter in a cute and excellent way, or even Dewy's Adventure, which is simple and nice.  Possibly Animal Crossing. 

They will grow into the games, especially your 4 year old so don't be tempted to dumb down to much. 

If you really want to teach them stuff, get House of Dead: Overkill.  It is motherfucking awesome  :-)

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rallier
    Bonsai Barber (wiiware) should be quite some fun for your kids.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @Rallier said:
    " Bonsai Barber (wiiware) should be quite some fun for your kids. "
    Ooh, and Cooking Mama is a decent fun game that kids may enjoy.  A bit of Samba De Amiga could be fun for them to get their little groove on with.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Relys

Get NSMB.

I think young kids have a harder time getting into video games because they're so complex now a days. Show him some good old 2-D mario platformer goodness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.