Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Xenoblade - New Monolith RPG for Wii

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lard
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html

Dare I hope?

If this is a new Xeno game (and the music is excellent on the site), then consider it a purchase for me. I've been thinking about one for the past few months anyway, this would seal the deal.  
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

It's just Monado, re-branded (and maybe reskinned?). There's a trailer. 

It is with a very high probability NOT a new Xeno game.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Trailer's really old and clearly work in progress but yeah, it's certainly the same game, given the blade and other such designs on the website. Same team as the Xenogears/saga games, so, as close to a real sequel as you'll be getting. They're owned by Nintendo now.

There are mech-like things in it at least ;)

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jj984jj
    @Meowayne said:

" It is with a very high probability NOT a new Xeno game. "

It was speculated to be the next Takahashi/Saga game before they made it a Xeno title and now it looks like they're making that official. Why, exactly, is there a high probability that this is not a Xeno game?
    coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By coonana

Thank you Nintendo, bout time.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

That's a dumb name. Is that just their thing now, so you know its an RPG made by them? Add Xeno? From what I could tell Monado was nothing like a xenogears/saga game at all, but if anyone could contrive a connective thread between this, a clear fantasy game, to the rest of the xeno universe it would be these dudes. They got convoluted nailed down pat.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r
    MrPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MrPickles

This has me a little bit aroused. Proves the Wii was a fantastical investment after all! :D

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel
    @ryanwho said:
    " That's a dumb name. Is that just their thing now, so you know its an RPG made by them? Add Xeno? From what I could tell Monado was nothing like a xenogears/saga game at all, but if anyone could contrive a connective thread between this, a clear fantasy game, to the rest of the xeno universe it would be these dudes. They got convoluted nailed down pat. "
    What little of the game was shown at E3 was hardly enough to judge it.  After all, despite being sci-fi, there were areas and concepts in the game that were representative of anything but science fiction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.