Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Unveiled at Blizzcon 2011, Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft. The game focuses on the war between the Horde and Alliance, and not a main villain like the previous expansions. Players embark on a journey to Pandaria, discovering a new race, class and much more.

Will Pandaria be the end of WoW

• 137 results
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Hunkulese

People like to bitch. Was there really anything they could have announced that people wouldn't bitch about? People have been bitching about every expansion yet they still have around 11 million active subscribers. When you're dealing with that many people even if 1% of the them are complaining it's going to sound like a massive wave of angst.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Deleth

@BionicRadd said:

Conflict between alliance and horde doesnt mean it's going to be PVP focused. It's talking about Garrosh Vs Varian. The playerbase has minimal impact on the lore of WoW. Major lore moments will always be decided by major lore figures.

Did you ever play on a pvp server? I felt bad for the Alliance during Cataclysm. Honestly they didn't even have to bother trying to complete the molten front quests. They were slaughtered the moment they tried to come out of the safe zone. Same thing during the leveling right after the game hit. Alliance here is outnumbered by 15-20:1 now. So the new zone setupt with more "enemy contact" is going to be awfull.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By BionicRadd

@Deleth said:

@BionicRadd said:

Conflict between alliance and horde doesnt mean it's going to be PVP focused. It's talking about Garrosh Vs Varian. The playerbase has minimal impact on the lore of WoW. Major lore moments will always be decided by major lore figures.

Did you ever play on a pvp server? I felt bad for the Alliance during Cataclysm. Honestly they didn't even have to bother trying to complete the molten front quests. They were slaughtered the moment they tried to come out of the safe zone. Same thing during the leveling right after the game hit. Alliance here is outnumbered by 15-20:1 now. So the new zone setupt with more "enemy contact" is going to be awfull.

Sounds like a PVP server to me. The one I leveled my first 60 on, Stonemaul, was pretty Alliance heavy at the time. It sucked, I switched to a PVE server, it stopped sucking. Only people PVP servers are good for are asshats that like to corpse camp people.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Deleth

@BionicRadd said:

@Deleth said:

@BionicRadd said:

Sounds like a PVP server to me. The one I leveled my first 60 on, Stonemaul, was pretty Alliance heavy at the time. It sucked, I switched to a PVE server, it stopped sucking. Only people PVP servers are good for are asshats that like to corpse camp people.

Well the server I was playing on was actually fun during BC and Wotlk. Untill faction change hit. In BC it was 45:55 H:A. During Wotlk it became 55:45 H:A. Well then faction change hit and now the Alliance is outnumbered 10-20:1. I and some of my friends were desperate enough to level Alliance alts during Cataclysm. But Alliance here is pretty much dead, faction change was a horrible idea.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Not even close.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By BiG_Weasel

WoW's not going anywhere, and I'm really hoping that those people that are on WoW STAY on WoW. Being the biggest MMO means you attract the broadest range of crybabies, rejects and assholes the internet has to offer. However, it also has the great side effect of leaving the rest of us to enjoy other equally good games. Can't wait for GW2 myself.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By BionicRadd

@BiG_Weasel said:

WoW's not going anywhere, and I'm really hoping that those people that are on WoW STAY on WoW. Being the biggest MMO means you attract the broadest range of crybabies, rejects and assholes the internet has to offer. However, it also has the great side effect of leaving the rest of us to enjoy other equally good games. Can't wait for GW2 myself.

hahaha. Yea, because the community in Guild Wars wasnt full of trolls and idiots, too? I am looking forward to GW 2, but it's non-subscription MMO, if it doesn't end up being full-on F2P. Those games attract trolls like no other.

yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By yeahimjordan

Nope, there will be atleast 3 more expansions

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109  Edited By Seppli

Certainly not. It's just the influx of new players is no longer larger than the bleed-off. Which has been so since early into Cataclysm - and Pandaria just doesn't bring the goods to change that. The WoW phenomenon is over.

I don't know what it would have taken to get me back on board, a non-kung-fu panda scenario would have helped a lot. Oh well - I had my fill of WoW and it was a great ride. Times change though, and MMOs currently just don't fascinate anymore as much as they have.

It'll take a technological leap before living in cyberspace will again be as attractive as it was during the early days of WoW, respectively of MMORPGs in general - for those who have been immersed in the genre sooner then the emergence of WoW.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By llamaegg

Decided to pick it up, haven't played WoW sense the beginning of Cataclysm (got my horde resto druid to 85, did some dungeons then dropped it), and I've probably played for a good, I dunno, 10 minutes. I'm not sure what it is but it's just not clicking, maybe it has to do with the new skill tree's feeling lackluster to what I was use to? Having to re-setup addons all over again? Being guildless?

Either way unless something changes I might not even level up to 90 before dropping the game, which would be a shame, I honestly wanted to see what Blizzard did with the scenario from a first person perspective.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By gamefreak9

I know nobody will read this, but Blizzard is not randomly adding pandas... it was one of the main characters in the Frozen Throne. Brewmaster Shen, it was literally a panda that said "for pandaria" when prompted to take action. Blizzard is staying true the lore, though tbh MMO's destroy lore.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Slaegar
    @gamefreak9: Brewmaster Shen was hardly a main character. He was a joke character that was only available on multiplayer maps as a neutral hero character. Pandarans were not in the single player game at all. 

It wasn't bad enough they added pandas but they reek of bad Hwah Hee Yah karate kid garbage. They could have did something interesting with the more Chinese inspired setting, but they chose to lean hard into kung fu panda. 
    I picked up a month a WoW to play before Pandaria came out so I could get one last huff before they polluted the air completely.
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Dallas_Raines

MMOs are Serious Business.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By gamefreak9

@Slaegar said:

@gamefreak9: Brewmaster Shen was hardly a main character. He was a joke character that was only available on multiplayer maps as a neutral hero character. Pandarans were not in the single player game at all. It wasn't bad enough they added pandas but they reek of bad Hwah Hee Yah karate kid garbage. They could have did something interesting with the more Chinese inspired setting, but they chose to lean hard into kung fu panda. I picked up a month a WoW to play before Pandaria came out so I could get one last huff before they polluted the air completely.

what are you talking about? he was the third companion in the FT orc campaign.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#116  Edited By Tylea002

Nope.

Nopey nope nope.

Nope and noper.

No.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By InternetCrab

I don't really think WoW will ever end, I think that there will always be users playing it, and Blizzard will always make profit.

A typical WoW player goes hysterical whenever Blizzard announces an expansion anyway.

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#118  Edited By sodacat

Cataclysm was the start of the decline, and Pandara is clearly part of that, but WoW's not going away. It's been bleeding players for awhile and it's still more popular than every other MMO in the west put together. WoW will still be around in 20 years, just like how UO is still around now.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By McShank

@llamaegg said:

Decided to pick it up, haven't played WoW sense the beginning of Cataclysm (got my horde resto druid to 85, did some dungeons then dropped it), and I've probably played for a good, I dunno, 10 minutes. I'm not sure what it is but it's just not clicking, maybe it has to do with the new skill tree's feeling lackluster to what I was use to? Having to re-setup addons all over again? Being guildless?

Either way unless something changes I might not even level up to 90 before dropping the game, which would be a shame, I honestly wanted to see what Blizzard did with the scenario from a first person perspective.

simple fixes to all your problems. 1. Read what the changes to the skills were for and how they work now. 2. Addons are for every game and if you QQ over curse.com and clicking 1 button to download an addon then you dont need to be playing with them. 3. Find a guild? they are spamming everywhere for wanting people to join guilds.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By kindgineer

@BoG said:

Let's be real. WoW is the most popular MMORPG ever, and even with so many imitators, it's still the best. The user base is huge, and I'd guess that those complaining are a minority. Even if a few people leave, the game will go on for who knows how long. However, because Blizzard does such a good job of making these games, the haters will probably end up staying due to the enhancements being made in the expansion.

WoW will never die.

Can't be said any better.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By RuthLoose

If Diablo III didn't kill that company's reputation, I highly doubt Mists of Pandaria will change or hurt WoW in the long run. Besides, they have another 14 or so expansions to catch up to EverQuest Classic.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By minotaka

MoP so far is pretty good! It's quest lines and overall detail far excel that of Cataclysm, IMO.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Gruff182

No, because vocal minority.

Theres not been a single expansion without the same or similar amount of whiny assholes. I pick up the expansions play for a few months, level up, get a set of the current PvP gear, beat some fools and quit happily.

The biggest complaints I've seen with this and carrying on from Cata is the fact that content is too easy or its too easy to obtain gear/mounts/rep. The reason why normal people don't want to play MMO's is because of the insane grind and their complaining because the grind is getting less?

If they want to grind for a few weeks just to get that flaming dagger they can do one, I've got other shit I like to do. Mechanics wise, it's the best the game has ever been in. People always harp on how vanilla was the best and its gone down hill, need to remove the rose tinted glasses.

As for the pandas, they fit in the world perfectly. Theres ALWAYS been plenty of dumb slapstick shit. Plus, their pretty cool and the new zones art is the best its been.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By Sooty

@Gruff182 said:

People always harp on how vanilla was the best and its gone down hill, need to remove the rose tinted glasses.

No glasses. I preferred 40 man raiding and the world PvP that actually existed. So many Tarren Mill and Tyr's Hand encounters.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Dark

@Sooty: Go play Scriptcraft, I did, remembered how slow and boring Vanilla was.

Its a very vocal minority as people who are actually playing it are saying its much better so far, SO FAR. When you hit 90 you don't just do heroics (or attempt to as they where so hard in cata) there is actually a fair amount of other stuff to do.

Heroics have been made seriously easier, challenge modes apparently replace the challenge of the old heroics.

Rep grinding is no longer done through dungeons so you have to actually do dailies again (not that I enjoy this part)

The usual profession grind, farmville ripoff stuff.

The thing that has turned out to be MUCH bigger than everyone figured, Pet Battles. My god, they are stupid addictive and there is so much to do without them alone.

These are the things off the top of my head, being a high end raider we are currently gearing and rep grinding for raids readyness and we wont be ready in time. There is quite a large amount of stuff to do this time around.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Rafaelfc

I wish WoW would die a beautiful death, not because I hate the game or anything, but because Giantbomb streaming the end of WoW would be a fantastic momentous and memorable experience, I bet

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By LikeaSsur

WoW will die when Blizzard goes under.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By EXTomar

An issue with a lot of MMOs is the "end game" is lacking where many games often put the player in the ironic situation that the higher level they get the less there is to do. A specific issue with WoW is that although they have a lot of "end game content", it is often quite aggressive and advanced. Mists seems to be trying addressing this where there is far more stuff at the cap that is not hard core raiding. I've played this game for awhile and it is still boggling how much any player can get access too when they hit 90. I don't know if this scheme will work but it is at least better than the "more levels/zones/dungeons/raid content expansion".

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

So far I've been having a blast with MOP. In my opinion, Blizzard's still got it and the crack that is WoW is still addictive. 

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Slaegar
    @gamefreak9 said:

@Slaegar said:

@gamefreak9: Brewmaster Shen was hardly a main character. He was a joke character that was only available on multiplayer maps as a neutral hero character. Pandarans were not in the single player game at all. It wasn't bad enough they added pandas but they reek of bad Hwah Hee Yah karate kid garbage. They could have did something interesting with the more Chinese inspired setting, but they chose to lean hard into kung fu panda. I picked up a month a WoW to play before Pandaria came out so I could get one last huff before they polluted the air completely.

what are you talking about? he was the third companion in the FT orc campaign.

Okay you win on that front. I guess he was an optional companion in the bonus campaign. I forgot that level existed since it wasn't very Warcrafty. It felt almost like pre-wow or diablo.
    Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#132  Edited By Floppypants

Perhaps this is the wrong place to express a pro-WoW opinion, but I think MoP is fantastic. Blizzard clearly learned their lessons from what fans didn't like in Cataclysm and rectified them. Pandaria is beautiful and packed with content. This last week I've barely been able to peel myself away. It's as addictive as ever.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#133  Edited By Giantstalker

I find this all very interesting, as I've recently had a devastating week in EVE that has honestly made me want to quit for good and just move on.

I used to play WoW, but stopped in '08. Mists of Pandaria seems silly, at least from the outside, but if the quality's there that won't be a serious issue.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#134  Edited By tebbit

@nerdsbeware said:

@Barrock said:

I don't get people who complain about silly shit being in WoW. The best part of WoW IS the silly shit.

Yea, I mean with all the goofy inside jokes, NPC's named after movie & TV characters, quests themed after other games... why is this so crazy. I mean hell there was a quest where you had to feed an animal, so it would shit, and then loot the pile of shit. People just like to complain.

WoW went off the "weird shit" rails in Warcraft III for christs sake. In many ways WoW is only just catching up.

Of course in other ways (like motorbikes), they really did push the boat out. I think some people want a World of Warcraft based on Warcraft 2 - and even then, those Ogres were doofy as hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, as someone who has played since classic, this has been the best expansion they have put out, in quality, quantity of stuff to do, and so on. And based on the forums/other player's opinions, it is generally very highly received. Cataclysm wasn't that bad, but it didn't have that feel of exploration and braving the unknown that expansions before it had, and Mists brings that back and more so.

Having a blast with it and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Spitznock

Both by terms of mechanical improvement as well as storyline, WoW still has plenty to expand upon. As long as people remain interested (and they are), I see no reason for Blizz not to continue to put out expansions.

The quality of the content in MoP is higher than we've ever seen from WoW (save for the raids which I haven't seen yet and therefor have no business commenting on), so it isn't like they're just milling out schlock just to cash in on their games fandom as it might appear seeing that the game has been going on for almost 8 years now.

The environments and tone seen in MoP are so wildly different than anything seen before that it almost feels like a different game. If the Pandaren are what's killing it for you, you should give em a chance. I went in completely uninterested in them, but now I firmly believe they fit the aesthetic better than any other existing Warcraft race could have, and I like the idea of the race finally getting the spotlight after only being hushly hinted at since the RTS days.

Apologies for the tangent, but I figured I'd share my 2 cents.

Avatar image for thevideohustler
    TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#137  Edited By TheVideoHustler

Crack is crack duders

People aren't going to stop smoking crack.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#138  Edited By ttocs

Look at the original Everquest. That game is still putting out expansions and people are still playing. WoW is going to be around for a long time, even after Blizzard makes their new MMO. There will be a bunch of other expansions as well because people like myself and the millions still playing will continue to buy them.

Paulyp14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Paulyp14

The end... Not even close! What I can say is I (for the first time) bought a guide for MoP.. And it not only got me too tier status in my guild, it gave me storyline fillers that the game only touched on.. I'm def sold on WoW guides in the future for their story fillers (don't wanna spoil anything) but def not the end of WoW Here's a brief view of what I'm talking about (link to the guide) http://c8169lkgsxxqdmdk-az-pkgdwu.hop.clickbank.net/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.