Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

ppl on WoW

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

So i got WoW a month ago, made a 55 paladin, and am now working on my 67 death knight.  Since my server is down because of the patch i thought id waste my time and say something about the game.
    Mostly i am sick of all the ppl that have been playing the game for years and are complaining that blizzard is making the game more accessible to new players. How fucking stupid are these people? I mean do they realize blizzard needs to keep adapting a 5 year old game to keep making money of it? These people bitch about anything and everything that didnt come with the original game. They complain about death knights like mother fuckers. i mean the only thing a death knight gets is a mount, and all these people bitch and moan about them non stop...how they are noobs and only "pussies" play them. Come on people.
    Now with the new patch mounts are cheaper and available at lower levels, which has all these 80s bitching about all of the "work" they put into getting them. What the Fuck?...do people think WoW will continue to be the highest selling pc game if they keep it broken and primative? 
    Well those are my thoughts.
    For the Horde!
    ...well actualy i dont give a shit

and dont bitch about my spelling, four years of spanish and spell check ruined that for me

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentofChaos

Well, those people feel they have a sense of entitle for putting 5 YEARS of cash into that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Wow is turning into a fucking preschool learning game for retards, everything is practically handed to you, nothing is a challenge anymore, Death knights are ease mode and for pussies. 
    I wouldn't even consider it a real mmo anymore, it's like an online chat room with avatars that you dress up with pretty shiny cloths with the class of the month.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

This title is misleading.  There are no people on WoW as people are living beings with jobs, a social life, and do good for humanity (be it evil or decent).  There are faux humans with faux emotions on WoW but not people.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By demonbear
    @KaosAngel: Thats what I'M sick of reading. 

I have a job, a girlfriend, a social life and I play WoW, sue me.

@Bucketdeth:
    Go play FF11 or some other hardcore japanese crap.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @demonbear: I like how you left out "doing good for humanity".  ^_~  Case closed.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By asurastrike

Honestly I think the game went downhill when TBC was released.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By demonbear
    @KaosAngel: Oh yeah and you're mother theresa. Wrong board dude, here, its a gamer site. If you want life accomplishers, go check the unicef forum. Thank you.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64
    @Asurastrike said:
    " Honestly I think the game went downhill when TBC was released. "
    That's what one of my friends thinks.  He loved Pre-BC WoW.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By asurastrike
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @Asurastrike said:
    That's what one of my friends thinks.  He loved Pre-BC WoW. "
    40 man Molten Core and Black Wing Lair was the peak of WoW imo.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Vorbis

As someone whos been a slave to WoW since it started, at the start it was something that required time and a good guild to get anywhere. But recently the game has been dumbed down to bring in new players, now I dont have a problem with them doing that, but i'm starting to look elsewhere (hello WAR). Not logged in for weeks, even the new patch isn't appealing.

Everyone knows the point of MMOs are to show off your rare loot, it's just becoming non-existant in WoW. Instead of bringing out tough encounters, they are just re-using bosses with a "hard mode". Hell the latest raid dungeon is just a boss arena... hows that for lazy?

Every patch and expansion is recycling the previous, the big announcement at Blizzcon will be a new expansion pack, with a new lvl cap, 2 races and 1 new hero, maybe a new profession if they are feeling adventurous.

Now is the time to release a new MMO, Aion should do well.

Kazu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Kazu666
    @Asurastrike:  
    I've seen a lot of people say the same as you, they are ALL wrong, it's a simple case of  rose-tinted glasses. 

Molten Core was one of the worst raids ever, waaaaaaaay too much trash,  the itemization on the loot was absolutely AWFUL and most of the bosses were pretty boring. Anyone who thinks it was brilliant back then are just shrouded in nostalgia and want to complain about it without really THINKING about it.

TBC was the pinnacle of WoW, Sunwell Plateau was definately the best raid WoW had, and probably will ever have. 

and to OP, how is saving a little bit of money to get your mount at 30 (used to be 40 >.<) broken and primitive? if that is i guess they should just let you spawn your character as a lvl 80, i mean...levelling is just so primitive now is it not? You joined WoW a month ago, you have pretty much no perspective on how Blizzard are driving the game into the ground, as its the people like YOU that are getting all the benefits whilst the 'hardcore' are alienated.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Gizmo
    @AgentofChaos said:

" Well, those people feel they have a sense of entitle for putting 5 YEARS of cash into that game. "

Just under £500 GBP, if my calculations are correct.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Fallen189
    @demonbear said:
    " @KaosAngel: Oh yeah and you're mother theresa. Wrong board dude, here, its a gamer site. If you want life accomplishers, go check the unicef forum. Thank you. "
    ZING. 

Writing a blog about how WoW has changed over the past few years, it might be able to explain some stuff to you.. 

I think most people I have talked to are a bit lethargic over the current state. People demand achievements far too much. "Link epic" for naxx 10. There's only 2 items in there which account to it, stupid. 

I think people expect far too much far too easily. The afformentioned MC poster, I agree with. But back then you would wait quite some time for ONE item, and now people just blaze through gear in a day or two of being 80.
    aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aceedkins
    @Asurastrike said:
    I used to think this too... Then I took off my rose tinted nostalgia goggles.
    Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

As for people saying they had to work for their mount, the new players still will! It may be cheap for you because you're level 80, level 20 players will still have a hard time raising that amount of money. Also, i don't see how the changes Blizzard have made have "dumbed the game down". They have accelerated the levelling process slightly, Blizz just wants people to be able to see and participate in all the endgame content without having to spend ridiculous amounts of time to get there. Sure, you did, but you had fun right? You should be happy about new players seeing improvements to the game, rather than expecting Blizzard to leave them and just focus on giving you endgame content, cause that's just selfish.

sealog444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By sealog444

I am at an impassed on this subject.  The most fun I ever had playing WoW was pre-BC, when I was doing MC/BWL/AQ/NAXX. The large raiding was really fun, and since gear only came along every once and awhile, getting some was really exciting.  some of the best time I ever had playing a video game.  The problem was that it was like a full time job on top of my part time job and school.  My grades sucked and I had to drop out of college for a year.  WoW is hard to have fun and lead a normal life, So I'm all for them making it easier to be a normal person and play WoW, but I hate they are hitting it with the nerf bat so hard that anyone can just walk in and get things like that.  O well
    Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Radar
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @demonbear: I like how you left out "doing good for humanity".  ^_~  Case closed. "
    and you're doing what for humanity?

(Shit, I sound like Jeff Bell)
    MasterControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#20  Edited By MasterControl

There are morons in every aspect of the world at large. "The community has gotten worse" is such a overdone statement.

I just play wow for fun and keep my expectations extremely low therefore I'm not let down.  It's just a game to me.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By asurastrike
    @Kazu666 said:
    " @Asurastrike:  I've seen a lot of people say the same as you, they are ALL wrong, it's a simple case of  rose-tinted glasses.  Molten Core was one of the worst raids ever, waaaaaaaay too much trash,  the itemization on the loot was absolutely AWFUL and most of the bosses were pretty boring. Anyone who thinks it was brilliant back then are just shrouded in nostalgia and want to complain about it without really THINKING about it. TBC was the pinnacle of WoW, Sunwell Plateau was definately the best raid WoW had, and probably will ever have.  and to OP, how is saving a little bit of money to get your mount at 30 (used to be 40 >.<) broken and primitive? if that is i guess they should just let you spawn your character as a lvl 80, i mean...levelling is just so primitive now is it not? You joined WoW a month ago, you have pretty much no perspective on how Blizzard are driving the game into the ground, as its the people like YOU that are getting all the benefits whilst the 'hardcore' are alienated. "
    Whatever. I liked WoW more before TBC came out.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

OP- You are dumb, and don't deserve a response. Hence I give just this short message, telling you that.

Smersh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Smersh

The cash cow is drying up, I guess you can't blame Blizz for giving her a prod every now and then.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By penguindust

I started with TBC and quit after hitting 80 in WotLK.  I can sympathize with what a lot of what long time players are saying.  Even in my day, there were gripes that things were being too easy since the first expansion, but people also complained about trying to get a 40 man raid together.  The introduction of smaller raids was a good idea.  Badges were another complaint, but in the long run, collecting two or three hundred badges for a set of armor was no small task.  Then there was the epic PvP gear from the BGs that was a source of complaint, however it allowed easier completion of heroic dungeons as players tried to replace their PvP gear for PvE gear from Heroic boss battles.  During my time, grinding dungeons was done once or twice a week.  Actually, most of WoW endgame became a grindfest equally as repetitive as any quest Nessingway provided.  In other words, even back when I was playing, players really had to work and commit themselves to getting ahead.  Mounts cost a lot of money and you were happy the day you were able to hit 40 or 60.  There weren't many daily quests so gathering 5000 for an epic was a long long laborious task.  Anyone who had completed these assignments was held in high regard.  But, now everything is simple and easier.  I've seen characters shoot from 0 to 60 in a matter of minutes due to the way Blizzard structures "friends" and triple XP rewards.  What's the early mount level now? 20?  Ugh, not having to endure the Barrons and all it's craptacularness means anyone today is missing out on a rite of passage.  That's what it comes down to.  Long time players feel that everything they've worked and strived for has been cheapened by the new "easy entry" policies at Blizzard.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Death_Burnout

I totally agree that things are getting trivialized, however, i certainly dont care, considering it's making the game better for me in a lot of ways.

My problem with this game is...people dont treat this as a game anymore, these "people" take everything in WoW so damn seriously, and at least on my server, everyone is up their own ass, and simply can't tolerate someone like me, who just wants to have a bit of damn fun.

i can't really expect any less, most are 15 or so, but it's hard to find genuinely nice and helpful people, they exist! but few and far between from the usual "u n00b pally, LFM dps naxx hc aaaaaaaaagh"

It's like all they see is numbers...like scrolling ones, like the Matrix, i want to have fun in a dungeon, not have nerds jump down my throat for perhaps lets say...using one "wrong" piece of gear...who cares!?

the amount of times i've seen people get upset over slight adjustments in the talent tress...is insane.

(sorry for the bump, sorry for the vent too)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.