"Red Shirt" Guy from Blizzcon Gets His Own NPC

#1 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

If any of you remember the now-known-as "Red Shirt Guy" from Blizzcon who did some serious factchecking on the status of Falstad Wildhammer, you'll see him in-game soon enough as Blizzard gave him his own NPC. Props to him for paying such close attention to the lore, and props to Blizzard for their fanservice.

Also, the original video for anyone who didn't see it.

#2 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

That was nice of them.

#3 Edited by Vitor (2832 posts) -

That’s pretty awesome - great for him too as this could have all really easily turned into a ’ridicule the nerdy guy’ type internet meme instead of the props he seems to be getting. 

Edit: Apparently that's the font you get if you attempt to write on the message boards without having changed your input language from Japanese to English...

#4 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Everything about this is win, except the kid getting a bunch of flak.

#5 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

Fact Checker... 

Fantastic.

#6 Posted by Metal_Mills (3049 posts) -
@VWGTI said:

" Everything about this is win, except the kid getting a bunch of flak. "

The kid actually made a video explaining he talked weird because he was nervous and that he has autism.

Nothing will beat pirate snuggie guy though.

#7 Posted by Capum15 (5002 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" Everything about this is win, except the kid getting a bunch of flak. "
This.

Pretty cool of them to drop the NPC in there.
#8 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

That's pretty awesome.

#9 Posted by melcene (3034 posts) -

I just heard about this yesterday from some guy on the elevator at work.  Pretty awesome.  I'm also glad that this guy didn't turn into a "ridicule the nerdy guy" internet meme, as said above.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (12165 posts) -

Hah.

#11 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -

That is so awesome! Good for him!

#12 Posted by imsh_pl (3314 posts) -

Here's an additional vid of him which makes him eve nmore awesome in my eyes.   

#13 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

Asperger's wins again! 

@melcene:  Fuck, I fell right into it didn't I.

#14 Posted by ___pocalypse (554 posts) -

I love how Blizzard rewards their players; having your own NPC in your favorite game is pretty awesome.  

It's cool he made his own to the point video about his voice. The internet teasing could have gone badly but it looks like he took it in stride.

#15 Posted by gla55jAw (2698 posts) -

That's really awesome of them to do that.

#16 Posted by Karmatwork (3 posts) -

I didn't even think the way he talked was weird at all, I'm not even sure I would have gotten the words out.

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

That's awesome.

#18 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

except for the fact that this is fake and was proven so awhile ago.

#19 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -
@adoggz said:
" except for the fact that this is fake and was proven so awhile ago. "
#20 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @adoggz said:
"

Except for it wasn't beings as blizzard confirmed it's real.
#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -
@adoggz said:
Actually, while the Fact Checker isn't in the current beta a Blizzard employee had confirmed that this is real and it's also been pointed out there is a new public test realm going online, meaning that we may be able to find the Fact Checker there ( source). Assuming this is real I freaking love Blizzard for it, as said above this whole thing was veering into serious "let's make fun of the aspergers kid" territory and when people are doing that how much better are they than the kind of creeps you see lurking in the depths of 4chan? Blizzard gave this guy the place in the game he deserved.
#22 Posted by endless_void (703 posts) -

ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ pǝuʍd ǝɥ 'ǝɯosǝʍɐ uɯɐp os sı ʎnƃ ʇɐɥʇ

#23 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -
@Gamer_152: ahh, i just remember the post on reddit and all the replies about it being fake. guess everyone is right in a way.
#24 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I love this type of fan.

#25 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2178 posts) -
@endless_void said:
"  ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ pǝuʍd ǝɥ 'ǝɯosǝʍɐ uɯɐp os sı ʎnƃ ʇɐɥʇ "  
Hmm...clever?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.