Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE '12

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 22, 2011

WWE '12 is the latest edition in WWE's long-running wrestling game franchise previously known as "SmackDown" and "SmackDown vs. RAW".

I got questions: Do you have answers?

Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Syphous

I usually have a lot of fun with wrestling games (even though I never watch wrestling) and this one looks pretty fun. As clarification the last WWE game I played was Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. So I have a few questions:

1. If I throw someone off a ladder and they are clearly close enough to fall all the way down past the ring and onto the floor, will they do so?

2. If I did the action described above, and there is a table set up right where they land, will the table break?

3. Is there any kind of co-op for online play? Like, could a friend of mine and myself play tornado tag with a couple of NPC's? I'm sure this is possible in local, but I want to be able to do it online.

4. Can I throw someone from the top of the 'Hell in a Cell' cage and have them land on/break the announcer table?

5. Can you take the match backstage like you used to be able to way back when? And I don't mean pick the backstage "arena", I mean actually move the match from the ring to the backstage area by irish-whipping someones ass up there.

6. Can you interact with the crowd in any capacity? Or bring the fight into the stands like you could in previous installments?

7. Is the story creator less ridiculously censored?

8. Please confirm: Create a wrestler (duh), create a move, create an entrance, create an arena, create an entrance video, create a sign, create a stable, and create a story? If yes to all, any I've missed?

9. Can male wrestlers beat on Diva's again? Oh god I hope so.

10. Weapons: Is there more than just table, sledgehammer, chair, bat, and ladder? I likes meh hardcore.

Well, that should do it for now. Thanks to anyone who has the patience to read all these questions and answer them. I know I'm asking a lot here. If 90% of the answers are 'yes' I'm going to backflip all the way to GameStop.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60
    @Syphous said:

I usually have a lot of fun with wrestling games (even though I never watch wrestling) and this one looks pretty fun. As clarification the last WWE game I played was Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. So I have a few questions:

1. If I throw someone off a ladder and they are clearly close enough to fall all the way down past the ring and onto the floor, will they do so?

2. If I did the action described above, and there is a table set up right where they land, will the table break?

3. Is there any kind of co-op for online play? Like, could a friend of mine and myself play tornado tag with a couple of NPC's? I'm sure this is possible in local, but I want to be able to do it online.

4. Can I throw someone from the top of the 'Hell in a Cell' cage and have them land on/break the announcer table?

5. Can you take the match backstage like you used to be able to way back when? And I don't mean pick the backstage "arena", I mean actually move the match from the ring to the backstage area by irish-whipping someones ass up there.

6. Can you interact with the crowd in any capacity? Or bring the fight into the stands like you could in previous installments?

7. Is the story creator less ridiculously censored?

8. Please confirm: Create a wrestler (duh), create a move, create an entrance, create an arena, create an entrance video, create a sign, create a stable, and create a story? If yes to all, any I've missed?

9. Can male wrestlers beat on Diva's again? Oh god I hope so.

10. Weapons: Is there more than just table, sledgehammer, chair, bat, and ladder? I likes meh hardcore.

Well, that should do it for now. Thanks to anyone who has the patience to read all these questions and answer them. I know I'm asking a lot here. If 90% of the answers are 'yes' I'm going to backflip all the way to GameStop.

1. I think so. 
    2. Yes. Tables will also break if you just do any move on them, you can also just do any move you want on chairs or the steel steps and it will register that they hit the object. 
    3. I'm not sure, but I don't believe there is. 
    4. I think so. I haven't tried. 
    5. No 
    6. No, only interaction I believe is they sometimes have unique objects you can grab in extreme rules matches 
    7. Probably the same amount of censoring 
    8. Yes, those are all. You can also create your own show in universe mode, and create logos. 
    9. No 
    10. There are chairs, ladders, kendo sticks, garbage cans, barbed wire bats, sledgehammer, guitar, mops. And probably others I'm missing. 
    Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Syphous

@CL60: Thank you for all the answers sir. A few more no's than I was hoping for, but still it sounds pretty solid.

I have a few more questions if you (or anyone else) are willing to answer them.

11. Can your created characters be 'leveled' up? I heard in SvR 2011 you have to allocate points right at the time of creation and never again afterwords. Where with 2010 you sort of gain xp and spend it on your state, lite-rpg style.

12. Can you powerbomb someone from the side of the ring down to the ground? This move used to be in the WWE games (at least it was in Here Comes The Pain) but I haven't seen it for a while.

13. Can you download people's created finishers?

14. Is there a co-op/tag-team story mode? (even if it is local play only)

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
    @Syphous said:

@CL60: Thank you for all the answers sir. A few more no's than I was hoping for, but still it sounds pretty solid.

I have a few more questions if you (or anyone else) are willing to answer them.

11. Can your created characters be 'leveled' up? I heard in SvR 2011 you have to allocate points right at the time of creation and never again afterwords. Where with 2010 you sort of gain xp and spend it on your state, lite-rpg style.

12. Can you powerbomb someone from the side of the ring down to the ground? This move used to be in the WWE games (at least it was in Here Comes The Pain) but I haven't seen it for a while.

13. Can you download people's created finishers?

14. Is there a co-op/tag-team story mode? (even if it is local play only)

11. No, you put all the points in at the start 
    12. Not that I've seen. 
    13. I think so. 
    14. No, the story stuff works differently in this one, it's broken up into multiple chapters you play through. Villain Story, Outsider Story, and Hero story I believe they are.
    Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Syphous

@CL60: Thanks again. You've been very helpful man, I appreciate it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.