Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K17

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 11, 2016

Yuke's and 2K Games' installment of the WWE video game series in the year 2016, available for both then-current PlayStation and Xbox models as well as their immediate predecessors.

Apparenty, they decided to try and fix these games a little this year!

jazzylament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I was reading elsewhere about new features and get this: Ladders can now only be set up in set locations, no more fidgeting! Multi-Wrestler matches now have wrestlers automatically roll out of the ring once heavily damaged to recover, and can dive back in later! It's not much but...steps in the right direction, no?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

That's fine, but it's too long since The Undertaker had a fatality in one of these games.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty safe to assume that the game will be awful again if that's what they're promoting as this year's big improvements.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Fans have been asking us to truly improve the core gameplay experience since we inherited the brand, and we are taking your requests seriously – from controls to presentation to individual features. We’ve shifted the gameplay experience focus from an arcade-centric, fighting game style to simulation-based gameplay, and WWE 2K17 continues pushing in that direction with both improved and new gameplay mechanics.

I love how they keep talking about it as a real simulation hahah.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh so it sounds like mutiman matches won't be as much of a chore to play, guess that's start

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I run over JR with a limo? No? Still broken.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that they are not doing a Showcase mode this year, maybe that means they will put more time in to the myCareer stuff and make it up to FIFA or NBA 2K standards

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There either needs to be an All Stars like wrestling game or a Wrestlemania Arcade style fighting game; whether the second one is used with motion capture sprites or a full on Injustice style game.

And for gosh sakes, more than 4 wrestlers in a ring; give us a good large number for ridiculous Royal Rumbles that turn into Dynasty Warrior's style attacks where the powerful wrestlers just juggle the weaker guys all at once.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cmblasko

If they really wanted to fix the games they would rip everything out and focus on making a fun and deep singles match then build from there.

But they don't want or need to do that because the games sell well enough as they are.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

I read somewhere that universe mode will finally have superstars cut promos...somehow.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All of this sounds fantastic. I quite liked 2K16 and this is looking better. I love they keep leaning heavier into simulation.

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

When 2K first took over I gave them a chance. 2K15 was a letdown, but I thought I'd give them a mulligan and bought last years game. I'm done giving them chances. Feel like the series peaked at Here Comes the Pain and has been spiraling downward ever since.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They're also apparently advertising that 'linked backstage areas' are back, so take that how you will.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST MAKE ALL-STARS 2.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When has this series' problem ever been that it's not enough of a simulation? Jesus 2K, you so clearly don't get it.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Unfortunatley, the move to 2K must have come with a mandate to make it more 'real' since it's being marketed as part of the '2k sports' line. A real shame that it getting more and more kayfabe.

ProjectRico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep watching youtube videos about this game. I have always bought them on day one with the season pass. After 2k16 I just can't justify preordering it... trying to fight the urge not to.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OMGFather

@blackblade500 said:

I like that they are not doing a Showcase mode this year, maybe that means they will put more time in to the myCareer stuff and make it up to FIFA or NBA 2K standards

What?! Showcase was my favorite part of these 2K games. Surely we can have room for both.

I've never liked the 2K gameplay and it doesn't sound like this one is changing.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Early feedback seems positive and the promo system seems pretty cool, I'll probably end up buying it an enjoying it for 20hours before getting pissed off with it... as I do every year

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.