Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2009

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 09, 2008

WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2009 continues with its annual edition of the popular wrestling game with its tenth game. The 2009 edition puts additional focus on tag team wrestling, including a co-operative story mode.

2 more days and Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Edited By TheGamerGeek

Two more days until my B-Day! So 2 more days 'till I can kill me some horde! Well, I want to tell you some Smackdown vs. Raw '09 impressions. I know I probably have about 0 friends that are interested in sweaty men fake punching each other but still here it goes!

Right when I popped it in I realized something, they took away GM mode! That was by far my favorite feature in any one of the previous games. It added incredible depth and I loved making feuds and building up hype to a PPV then finally delivering with a 4 star PPV event...but no, it's gone.  Also, the previous way that career mode went was you went into a feud and after that you went into another feud...that's how it goes in real life. But in this one, you pick a championship and go after it...no story...no diolouge...no fun. One feauture that they was hyping was the "inferno match". It's nothing funner than a normal match. You hit the guy, do a couple of finishers and grapple him and move him into the fire, again, not fun.

Now for some things that are actually kinda fun. The Road to Wrestlemania mode. It's very well put together but I still got some complaints. My main complaint is whoever works on these storylines should be putting them on Live TV. They're pretty interesting. I've only completed one so I'll give you that example, your Y2J and you finally get a title shot, then you get attacked by a "Masked Man". I won't go to farther 'cause it's actually kinda interesting. But seriously, my main complaints is the choice of wrestlers and the lack of. First, there should be more, and second, they should not have a tag team and they should not have CM Punk. I mean, he's not that great. Luckilly they've got Y2J and Undertaker to make you feel special.

So far, from what I've saw from this year and last year, this game will never be as amazing as it used to be. But hey, it's wrestling game, so, I like it.I do still say this is better than TNA iMPACT!'s game...looking back on that game, I hate it even more than I originally did. Well, I got Quantum of Solace today, haven't tried it out yet and I've got no school tomorrow so I'll probably end up staying up real late playing it or SvR. Well, I FINALLY got my Far Cry 2 review up so you should all go and check that out. If anybodys wanting to know, I just got into another argument with my girl and I like her a lot and everything but I'm considering just breaking it off. I mean, she's pissed off at me 24/7. Well, at school we're just a normal couple hugging, kissing, etc. Then we we get home I'll text her or talk to her on the phone and she becomes extremely pissed off. Ah, I know most people don't want to hear that some I'm gonna go ahead and wrap this blog up. See you guys in 2 days!...wait, before I go I want to give you my top 5 games I've bought this gaming season (Oct. 1- now)
    5. Fallout 3
    4. Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
    3. Far Cry 2
    2. Saints Row 2
    1. LittleBigPlanet.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Two more days until my B-Day! So 2 more days 'till I can kill me some horde! Well, I want to tell you some Smackdown vs. Raw '09 impressions. I know I probably have about 0 friends that are interested in sweaty men fake punching each other but still here it goes!

Right when I popped it in I realized something, they took away GM mode! That was by far my favorite feature in any one of the previous games. It added incredible depth and I loved making feuds and building up hype to a PPV then finally delivering with a 4 star PPV event...but no, it's gone.  Also, the previous way that career mode went was you went into a feud and after that you went into another feud...that's how it goes in real life. But in this one, you pick a championship and go after it...no story...no diolouge...no fun. One feauture that they was hyping was the "inferno match". It's nothing funner than a normal match. You hit the guy, do a couple of finishers and grapple him and move him into the fire, again, not fun.

Now for some things that are actually kinda fun. The Road to Wrestlemania mode. It's very well put together but I still got some complaints. My main complaint is whoever works on these storylines should be putting them on Live TV. They're pretty interesting. I've only completed one so I'll give you that example, your Y2J and you finally get a title shot, then you get attacked by a "Masked Man". I won't go to farther 'cause it's actually kinda interesting. But seriously, my main complaints is the choice of wrestlers and the lack of. First, there should be more, and second, they should not have a tag team and they should not have CM Punk. I mean, he's not that great. Luckilly they've got Y2J and Undertaker to make you feel special.

So far, from what I've saw from this year and last year, this game will never be as amazing as it used to be. But hey, it's wrestling game, so, I like it.I do still say this is better than TNA iMPACT!'s game...looking back on that game, I hate it even more than I originally did. Well, I got Quantum of Solace today, haven't tried it out yet and I've got no school tomorrow so I'll probably end up staying up real late playing it or SvR. Well, I FINALLY got my Far Cry 2 review up so you should all go and check that out. If anybodys wanting to know, I just got into another argument with my girl and I like her a lot and everything but I'm considering just breaking it off. I mean, she's pissed off at me 24/7. Well, at school we're just a normal couple hugging, kissing, etc. Then we we get home I'll text her or talk to her on the phone and she becomes extremely pissed off. Ah, I know most people don't want to hear that some I'm gonna go ahead and wrap this blog up. See you guys in 2 days!...wait, before I go I want to give you my top 5 games I've bought this gaming season (Oct. 1- now)
    5. Fallout 3
    4. Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
    3. Far Cry 2
    2. Saints Row 2
    1. LittleBigPlanet.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

I'm one of those people not interested in wrestling but I did read it, so don't worry. lol

insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By insanegamer

i like the wwe games but not the real thing but i just bought the game so i dn't have a oppion so far.

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stucket

Not to rain on your parade,review has shown it is an improvement from last year,but not to my standard of wrestling

AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AttackedCamo

Looks like I'll pass on SVR this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.