The Chris Jericho wiki last edited by Hynes22 on 04/21/14 01:25PM
View full history
Depiction in Video Games
Chris Jericho's first video game appearance was as a bonus character, simply named Jericho, in WCW Nitro. This was followed up later in 1998 with WCW/nWo Revenge, where he appears on the main roster of wrestlers with his full name. His signature move at the time, the Liontamer, was a modified Boston crab grapple maneuver; due to limitations of the AKI wrestling system, this signature moved was done via strong grappling from the front, and performing a sidewalk slam (placing the opponent on the mat face up) that transitioned into the aforementioned submission move.
Jericho would appear in two more WCW titles (Thunder and Mayhem) before leaving WCW and joining the WWF. His first WWF video game appearance was in WWF Wrestlemania 2000. Though the branding was different, the game relied on the same AKI system from the N64 WCW titles; thus, the only significant changes to Chris Jericho's move set was to change the name of the Liontamer to the Walls of Jericho (at this point in his career he had dropped The Lionheart persona, in exchange for the dated "Y2J"). The only significant changes between Jericho's appearance in WM 2000 and WWF No Mercy (the last AKI wrestling title) were changes in apparel and a slightly longer sample of intro music for his ring entrance.
Jericho was included in the WWE's attempt to cash in on the cart racing craze, Crush Hour. He was also included in THQ's WWE All Stars, alongside the likes of Hulk Hogan and "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka.
Trivia and Accomplishments
- World Heavyweight Championship (3 time)
- WWE Championship (1 time)
- World Tag team Championship (4 times) Chris Benoit (1), The Rock (1), Christian (1) Edge/Big Show (1)
- Intercontinental Championship (Record 9 Times)
- Hardcore Championship (1 time)
- European Championship (1 time)
- WCW Championship (2 time)
- WCW Cruiserweight Championship (4 times)
- ECW Television Championship (1 time)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) Edge (1)