Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

Can't turn off auto-renewal anymore?

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoeyIA

On Xbox.com you used to be able to log-in and turn off auto-renewal, now you have to contact customer support... nice.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Yeah it's a right bitch to get out of it now. From the start of the process to the eventual cancellation of payments, it took me over an hour to get it sorted.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JoeyIA

Yeah, you used to be able to just turn off auto-renewal and remove your credit card.  I called 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and they tried to tell me that you have to have a credit card to have a gold account, which is total B.S.  For the last like, 14 months I've been using subscription cards, my account doesn't even auto-renew till the end of 2011, so the card isn't even active on the account. 
    Ugh, the people at Xbox customer service never know anything either, they always put me on hold to talk to their supervisor.  How about I just talk to the supervisor since you don't know what you're doing faceless-customer-service-rep.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DrPockets000
    @JoeyIA: I've always had great customer service from Microsoft, even when it's an Indian.
    JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoeyIA
    @DrPockets000: They're never rude, they just never know what they're talking about.  Like, I told the rep the web address with the 'turn off auto-renew' option after she said they didn't have one (I was looking right at it) and she says "oh, can I put you on hold please?"  
    One time I got my RRoD'd Xbox back from repair and the faceplate was broken.  I called customer service and spent like 20 minutes explaining what the faceplate was to the person.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Also, how the fuck are there so many people who cannot understand New Zealand accents? We speak like fucking robots over here and probably have the clearest english going.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.