Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Any websites devoted to XBLA and/or Community Games?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    As of right now, metacritic has 72 recorded reviews of Killzone 2 and only two reviews of Exit 2, which was released two full days before Killzone. Now obviously Killzone 2 should have more reviews, but I personally feel it's kinda pathetic that XBLA games recieve such little coverage and so few reviews, unless they're a giant title from a big publisher.

Even worse is looking for coverage or reviews of community games, as both seemingly don't even exist. It really seems to me that there should be a site devoted to this sort of stuff by now, rather than being the 134th site to review the latest AAA blockbuster retail title. Is there something I'm missing, or does such a site still not exist?

Other than wishing I could read a few more Exit 2 reviews before perhaps picking up that title, the other thing that made me interested in this subject is a community game I've been playing called bricks4ever. It's been announced that Arkanoid is coming to XBLA, but when you can buy brick4ever for just 200 points, I think the Arkanoid developers are going to have a hard time finding people to buy their game for what will probably be four times the cost of bricks4ever. Well, at least I think that would be the case if many people even KNEW about bricks4ever, but I'm guessing that many don't, and I'm guessing lots of people will buy Arkanoid without ever knowing about the community games alternative.

It's a sad situation, and I hope someone does something about it soon.

bricks4ever: 200 points, available now.

Arkanoid (video is from the original, not the XBLA remake): likely 800 points, available goodness knows when.

I have no idea why these videos pasted twice, but I'm not about to try and fix them, only to screw things up more.  Oh well.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I know this site is devoted to XNA games, but I don't know how much content actually exists on the site.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By daz0608
    Kush said:
    "I know this site is devoted to XNA games, but I don't know how much content actually exists on the site.
    "
    Yea that's the one I go to now after hearing about it on Rebel FM, it would be great to see more content on there
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HazBazz

Heres your review for Exit 2, free of charge. Exit 1 was awesome, get Exit 2.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By weltal

Like Kush said, XNA roundup is the only one I really know about. I just picked up Miner: Dig Deep after seeing it on there and it's a great game for 200 points.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Kush said:
    "I know this site is devoted to XNA games, but I don't know how much content actually exists on the site.
    "
    That's exactly what I was hoping for, other than the fact that you have a good point about the amount of content.  There's nothing on that site about Carneyvale Showtime or Groov, both of which are better games than a lot of titles he's reviewed.  Dammit, we need more people doing XNA reviews like this.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kush

I actually plan to go through and do mini-reviews for every single XNA game when I have the time...I already have a small list of about 15 games finished, but I haven't published that crap anywhere yet.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Personally, I'd love to see the staff at Giant Bomb give some of these titles some coverage, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kush
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "Personally, I'd love to see the staff at Giant Bomb give some of these titles some coverage, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon."
    I wouldn't expect to see this anytime soon since their staff is so small etc, but maybe we'll get a quick look on a few games at some point. It would be cool to see a "Quick Look: XNA Community Games Edition" at some point.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    drewbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By drewbert
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kush

Hell, I may even do my own Quick Look type videos if people would actually be interested in seeing them. I used to do some videos, but I stopped since I was spending time and money on something no one cared about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.