Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Are there any games that nobody has full achievements on?

robohasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By robohasi

I heard Gears of War 3 was pretty hard with the Seriously 3.0 achievement that required you to get all medals, but there are still people that got that. Does anybody know of any uncompleted games out there?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

IIRC, there are some achievements that are busted in some older games [citation needed] that nobody can get.

Other than that, there's always some asian kid or other suitably hardcore individual who will have all of the achievements in a given game. It's like the law or something.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dingofighter
    @Ravenlight said:

IIRC, there are some achievements that are busted in some older games [citation needed] that nobody can get.

Other than that, there's always some asian kid or other suitably hardcore individual who will have all of the achievements in a given game. It's like the law or something.

Yep, every publisher has a private asian kid who plays through the game, S-ranking it the minute it comes out. 
    You can see their names in the credits if you take the first letter from every name, reorder them, and then cross-translate it with the Fez language. 
    The weirdest part of it is that most of them are called Steve...
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

Smash TV has an achievement that is glitched and unobtainable.....the people that have it unlocked hacked the game to unlock it.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TentPole

@MaFoLu said:

@Ravenlight said:

Yep, every publisher has a private asian kid who plays through the game, S-ranking it the minute it comes out. You can see their names in the credits if you take the first letter from every name, reorder them, and then cross-translate it with the Fez language. The weirdest part of it is that most of them are called Steve...

I would just like to say that I have a japanese cousin who can beat the shit out of me on any game. He is 6.

Edit: This is not racism. It is a fact.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jrinswand

Gotta love all the racism on Giant Bomb.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Sambambo

@Jrinswand said:

There is nothing offensive being said...

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I think a Hellboy game released with fewer than 1000 points because it was going to have free DLC to add the rest in, but it never came out, so the only way to get them is by hacking.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By mscupcakes

Naruto Rise of the Ninja has roughly 600G that can't be obtained in my experience. Game is glitchy as all hell.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi

I'd be willing to bet that very few people have all the achievements in DOAX2 the stuff you gotta do in that game is SO time consuming.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrockNRolla

@SuperSambo said:

@Jrinswand said:

Who said racism has to be offensive? Racism is a generalization made about a race. Saying, "All asian people are smart" is still racist even if it is a compliment to the race. Generalizations about a culture or people are bad because they are false given their blanket nature. Doesn't matter how kind or mean they are.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sambambo

@BrockNRolla said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Jrinswand said:

Who said racism has to be offensive? Racism is a generalization made about a race. Saying, "All asian people are smart" is still racist even if it is a compliment to the race. Generalizations about a culture or people are bad because they are false given their blanket nature. Doesn't matter how kind or mean they are.

Stereotypes and racism are different beasts. Racism is inherently derogatory in its nature.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BrockNRolla

@SuperSambo said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Jrinswand said:

Stereotypes and racism are different beasts. Racism is inherently derogatory in its nature.

No, they aren't different. Racism is a stereotype based on race.

"Racism - the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

If I say, "White people are successful and wealthy," I'm being racist. If I say, "Asian people are super smart," I'm being racist. If I say, "Black people are great athletes," I'm being racist. Don't think that you can make it ok by calling it a stereotype. If you make a judgement based on race, you are being racist. It doesn't matter if you are complimenting or insulting.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By grilledcheez

Tiger Woods 06 had the most busted achievements in the history of busted achievements...people managed to get them through hacking and perhaps being lucky, but other than that, I think every legit game has somebody s rank it.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jozzy

@BrockNRolla said:

@SuperSambo said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Jrinswand said:

"Racism - the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

If I say, "White people are successful and wealthy," I'm being racist. If I say, "Asian people are super smart," I'm being racist. If I say, "Black people are great athletes," I'm being racist. Don't think that you can make it ok by calling it a stereotype. If you make a judgement based on race, you are being racist. It doesn't matter if you are complimenting or insulting.

That's not really a useful definition though, that would make everyone that generalizes (so basically everyone) racist.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jrinswand

@jozzy: Yep. If somebody makes a generalization, either positive or negative, about an entire race of people then that person is acting in a way that is racist.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

@jozzy said:

@BrockNRolla said:

That's not really a useful definition though, that would make everyone that generalizes (so basically everyone) racist.

Humans are predisposed to liking people similar to them in as many ways as possible so... yep.

On topic? I'm certain that a game where no one has all of the achievements exists. But I'm also certain that it's probably either so shitty that literally no one cared, or it's glitched out.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BrockNRolla

@jozzy said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@SuperSambo said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Jrinswand said:

Anyone who generalizes based on race is racist. I don't think the definition can be any clearer than that.

If somehow you don't think that is wrong, then you condone racism. "Everyone" does not make judgements based on race, or at the very least, many people recognize when they are making such generalizations and make efforts to avoid that kind of thought pattern. Racism may be ingrained in a lot of society. Doesn't make it any less wrong.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By williamhenry

Its nearly impossible to answer the OP's question since hacking your gamerscore happens so often.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BrockNRolla

@believer258 said:

@jozzy said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Humans are predisposed to liking people similar to them in as many ways as possible so... yep.

I'm not arguing the number of people that are or are not racist. But even if the majority of people are racist, it doesn't mean they aren't racist or that racism is ok. The definition still stands whether we want to admit it or not.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

@BrockNRolla said:

@believer258 said:

@jozzy said:

@BrockNRolla said:

I'm not arguing the number of people that are or are not racist. But even if the majority of people are racist, it doesn't mean they aren't racist or that racism is ok. The definition still stands whether we want to admit it or not.

So it's simply semantics? On that note, let's just use teh internetz!

From Dictionary.com:

abeliefordoctrinethatinherentdifferencesamongthevarioushumanracesdetermineculturalorindividualachievement,usuallyinvolvingtheideathatone'sownraceissuperiorandhastherighttoruleothers.

Note that it says "usually" after saying it's a belief that each race has inherent differences. This means that generally speaking, you're right and racism is considered bad. But that's just an association we've made. Semantically speaking, "racism" is just a stereotype that we apply to all members of a certain race. It's not necessarily a bad stereotype (e.g. all Asians are smart, all black people play sports better). It's just that in social conversations, we attribute negative things to the term racism.

This doesn't make racism OK, either. A positive stereotype can be a bad thing. Say a teacher expects an Asian student to do better than everyone else and subconsciously is harder on that kid's essays than any of the white or black students, or that a group picks the black kid to play on their basketball team because they think he'll automatically be better and ridicule him when he turns out to be no better than them at the game.

So, you can be either right or wrong depending on perspective. Perspective is another great topic to discuss and it's easily relate-able to race, but that's another post for another thread. For now:

No Caption Provided
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187

@Jrinswand@SuperSambo@BrockNRolla: Racism implies hatred. Stereotypes do not. Please, for the love of God, can you guys show up in a topic and actually keep it ON TOPIC for once?

Anyways, I know there is an achievement in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing that glitches out for some people. It's the achievement to get all the achievements. I totally have it though, first playthrough. That seems to draw the ire of some achievement whores out there.

I also know that BFME2 is pretty much impossible since they took the online servers down.

I'm also 100% convinced that there is no humanly possible way to S-rank DMC4 without selling your soul to the fucking devil!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By big_jon

@SuperSambo said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@SuperSambo said:

@Jrinswand said:

Racist.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jrinswand
    @jakob187 said:

@Jrinswand@SuperSambo@BrockNRolla: Racism implies hatred. Stereotypes do not. Please, for the love of God, can you guys show up in a topic and actually keep it ON TOPIC for once?

If I'm responding to something contained within the OP then I'm on-topic. Also, according to Wikipedia, apparently nobody agrees on what does or does not constitute racism, so it looks like we're all right!
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JoeyRavn

Achievements are racist? What?

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Zlimness

The Final Fantasy 11 achievements are apparently kind of messed up. Max out each class.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jakob187

You know what other game has some achievements you will never get?

NBA Elite 11. Fuck, I would LOVE to find a copy of that and S-rank it!

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DoctorWelch

WHAAT!?!?! THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT GOT THAT GEARS ACHIEVEMENT!?!?!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By laserbolts

@DoctorWelch said:

WHAAT!?!?! THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT GOT THAT GEARS ACHIEVEMENT!?!?!

Indeed. I'm working on it right now. It takes alot of playtime but is totally doable.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Ketchupp
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShaggE

@Ketchupp said:

From my quick research no one has completed Hole in the Wall according to GB and trueachievements.com

Challenge. Accepted. Anybody want to donate a Kinect and a copy of Hole In The Wall?

mo60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mo60

Pretty much all the 360 games I own currently which are sonic generations, witcher 2 and a bunch of downloadable games like neiuxz and nba jam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.