Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Extended Play Download Days: New Price Drops On DLC.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kush

This was taken directly from Major Nelson's blog...

"For a limited time only (well, until the end of October) the Marketplace is running an ‘Extended Play Download Days’ promotion which is offering some pretty good savings on some of the more popular DLC." ...and the prices are effective immediately! This is for DLC from the games: Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Forza 2, Shivering Isles ($10 price cut!), Guitar Hero 3, and Beautiful Katamari.

Linkage to List.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

The idea is wonderful, but honestly...would be nice if it was for more than just that mentioned. I do however highly recommend if someone hasn't gotten Shivering Isles expansions for Oblivion yet, this would be a great time to pick it up, amazing game.(though with the flood of games hitting this year, will probably never finish it anytime soon, really thing named that is worth it if you don't have it already I think)

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By j_meyer_13

Sweet!  I knew it was a good idea to wait for the Bring Down the Sky pack.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DoctorTran

Disappointed... that's one word that describes how I feel about this.

They shoulda thrown the Legendary Halo Map Pack in there as well as the COD4 Variety Pack.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush
    DoctorTran said:
    "Disappointed... that's one word that describes how I feel about this.

They shoulda thrown the Legendary Halo Map Pack in there as well as the COD4 Variety Pack."
    That would have been nice, maybe they'll do that later. This could end up being a monthly trend where there are different sales each month.

@pause422: I agree that the Shivering Isles deal is really worth it, but I also feel that the Forza 2 cuts are a pretty good deal and the small cut to Bring Down the Sky for Mass Effect may sell pretty well too.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Oooh...Shivering Isles...man, I might have to finally get points for that and Castle Crashers.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Yeah I get that, I was figuring more so though that the Mass Effect and Forza DLC, if anyone wantd that they would have it already, where with Oblivion without the expansion is still a huge game that you can put a few hundred hours in. So that may have put more people off than the other two initially.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush
    pause422 said:
    "Yeah I get that, I was figuring more so though that the Mass Effect and Forza DLC, if anyone wantd that they would have it already, where with Oblivion without the expansion is still a huge game that you can put a few hundred hours in. So that may have put more people off than the other two initially."
    I would actually probably say the opposite. I would expect huge fans of Oblivion to have already purchased Shivering Isles a while ago, or either picked up the GOTY edition. I never picked up the ME DLC because I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend $5 on it, though it's only been dropped by a 100pts I may pick it up now...the same would go for Forza 2, which I love but never felt like buying all those packs for full price.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Vaxadrin

Dude I just bought Bring Down The Sky last week. D:

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

I got hugely sidetracked by Oblivion, I didn't buy it when it first came out, I got it I think in like mid 07 or something..everytime I would start to get somewhere something else always came up, or I wanted to check out other games as well, still haven't even come close to finishing it, but I loved the game. Now that I'm getting a new PC in like a week since thats where I bought Oblivion on, I will probably at some point get back into it...but then Fallout is coming out soon and I'll most likely get sucked into that pretty deeply >.< Too many games!

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DoctorTran

I bought BDTS when it was released. I loved ME... I really want to hear more about ME2.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kush
    Vaxadrin said:
    "Dude I just bought Bring Down The Sky last week. D:"
    Lol. Well that, for lack of a better word, sucks so much that the suckage isn't able to be hidden from the blind suckage.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Vaxadrin
    Kush said:
    "Lol. Well that, for lack of a better word, sucks so much that the suckage isn't able to be hidden from the blind suckage."
    I blame you for informing me of the price drop, else I'd be blissfully ignorant.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush
    Vaxadrin said:
    "Kush said:
    "Lol. Well that, for lack of a better word, sucks so much that the suckage isn't able to be hidden from the blind suckage."
    I blame you for informing me of the price drop, else I'd be blissfully ignorant."
    I feel honored!
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo

Looked at the list, found it on Xbox.com earlier today. All of the price drops are trash, not anything I'd consider buying anyway.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kush
    atheistium said:
    "now i can buy the rest of the katamari crap I've wanted :P"
    You mean now you can pay to unlock stuff already on the disc :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.