Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

HBO, Comcast, Verizon, Others Bringing Stuff to Xbox 360

• 73 results
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Kordesh: Well, what more do you want in terms of games?

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By tourgen

all this did was remind me how long it's been since I watched TV and how very little I miss it.

I can get the good shows later thru netflix, and that's worked out pretty well. things like battlestar and the few other good sci-fi shows.

If I feel like a game then HD over the air kicks the crap out of HD over cable in terms of picture quality, and it doesn't require a sub.

TPoppaPuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By TPoppaPuff

@Kordesh:

What more do you want? Almost every single game that matters comes out on the 360, some have exclusive content or timed exclusives, and often perform better than their other console counterparts because 360 was the lead system (yes there are exceptions). Aside from Uncharted 3 and maybe Zelda, every single title that matters is on 360, if not exclusive.

Maybe you oughtta save your stock wise-ass, hater comment for chances where the complaint actually has some validity.

Kordesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Kordesh

@TPoppaPuff said:

@Kordesh:

What more do you want? Almost every single game that matters comes out on the 360, some have exclusive content or timed exclusives, and often perform better than their other console counterparts because 360 was the lead system (yes there are exceptions). Aside from Uncharted 3 and maybe Zelda, every single title that matters is on 360, if not exclusive.

Maybe you oughtta save your stock wise-ass, hater comment for chances where the complaint actually has some validity.

Please tell me this is satire. I refuse to believe something this stereotypical is taking place here.

TPoppaPuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TPoppaPuff

@Kordesh said:

Please tell me this is satire. I refuse to believe something this stereotypical is taking place here.

That's funny, cuz that's exactly what I said to myself when I read your first comment. Haters like you are gonna hate, no matter what. Doesn't mean I should have to listen to it or shouldn't point out the sillyness in your statements. Go ahead and tell me in detail what makes 360's current lineup so woefully inept compared to anything else this year, cuz I'll give ya a hint; they're all pretty even except Wii.

matt_wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By matt_wickstrom

C'mon Insight!

hermberger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By hermberger

@Branthog said:

...If you make it the right price with the right interface and offer the right variety of content with the least amount of bullshit barriers, people will opt to use your legitimate service over the hassles of doing it any other way.

Having to get a $100-$200/mo cable subscription so that you can get the $15/mo HBO subscription, so that you can watch your HBO content on your XBOX or iPAD (HBOGO) is not the way to accomplish any of that. These content licensing and distribution deals need to catch up to the 21st century.

AGREED

killawogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By killawogg

@bhhawks78: i have cox for cable and internet, pretty sad they cant do this when they make as much money of the consumer as they do lol.

in my area its damn near a monopoly

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By audiosnow

@faustyn: Thank you for giving some of these people some perspective. I don't quite understand people complaining about features added at no cost.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By McShank

@014 said:

@McShank: Well, I sold my 360 over a year ago. It didn't get used.

Then why complain about something you are not going to use, And that you dont even have?

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By simian

I was going to say "Oh boy so glad Canada wasn't left out!" but looking at that selection, we might as well have been.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Vodun

JUST FUCKING LET ME ACCESS HBO IN SWEDEN ALREADY! WAAAAAH!!!!

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By craigbo180
    @simian

I was going to say "Oh boy so glad Canada wasn't left out!" but looking at that selection, we might as well have been.

You have UFC. Basically the only thing on the list that is interesting to me.
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@simian said:

A lot of the points on the list are international channels... why would you want a UK station etc. Canada gets a lot of stuff, right now we have basically nothing.

Looks like Canada gets this:

Astral Media's Disney XD, Crackle, Dailymotion, Facebook, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment/Real Sports, MSN with MSNBC.com, Rogers On Demand Online (RODO), Netflix, TELUS, UFC, Twitter, VEVO, YouTube, Zune.

Between all of those I'd say most/all your tv needs are covered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By 014

@McShank: Because the other systems will follow suit. Plus, people complain all the time about stuff that doesn't affect them immediately -- like weapon permits or age restrictions when they're already past the age. I might tell someone what I don't like about a vehicle I won't buy. Maybe that's part of the reason I won't buy it. This is normal conversation.

DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DoubleKR

I really hope this isn't just another way to get more money from us... we are already paying for the gold membership

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#67  Edited By DarthOrange

I like the sound of this. Sony is probably planing on doing this too. Why else would they ass and extra row for T.V on the xmb. HBO GO!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By McShank

@014 said:

@McShank: Because the other systems will follow suit. Plus, people complain all the time about stuff that doesn't affect them immediately -- like weapon permits or age restrictions when they're already past the age. I might tell someone what I don't like about a vehicle I won't buy. Maybe that's part of the reason I won't buy it. This is normal conversation.

If sony follows suite then so be it. You dont have to ever use it.. you dont have to ever pay for it. Whats the problem? You are doing nothing but being "That guy" In this post since all your doing is putting it down even though you cant use it, and never will use it. Didn't anyone ever tell you "Cant say something nice, dont say anything at all?" Or otherwise stfu and keep walking?

Software bloat is a process whereby successive versions of a computer program include an increasing proportion of unnecessary features that are not used by end users, or generally use more system resources than necessary, while offering little or no benefit to its users.

So far, most people are happy about this announcement, and you are the only one who is sad about it. Bloatware is something people dont use or wont benefit. This is from what i read is going to benefit alot of people and will most likely be used by the majority.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Bane

My cable company isn't listed so this doesn't really change anything for me. What I take away from this is it's a step toward what I really want: a la carte programming straight from the companies themselves.

Having to pay $60 for standard definition Basic, SD Extended Basic and Pay-Per-View plus another $50 for SD Digital Premium channels (I never watch anything in standard def, ever) just to be able to get to the HD channels tier (for another $5) is growing old fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By 014

@McShank: We'll see what happens. I don't want to load up my PS3 or Wii and not be able to do anything until the ads load. If they make it discreet so it's hidden when disabled, then good. But if it's like anti-virus trials that come on computers that ask you to renew/subscribe, then I won't like it. That's bloatware.

Corporations run off money and do nothing without monetary incentive, especially entertainment companies. So whether it be luring you into a subscription or plainly earning money from ads, they plan on earning more revenue from these new features.

Metallimetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Metallimetal

Unless it saves me money on my current cable subscription, I'm not interested.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#72  Edited By MeatSim

My cable company isn't supporting this right now so not much changes for me.

slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By slyely

Why do I see another increase in gold subscription fees coming in the near future? Have a piece of this cheesecake...good isn't it? ...how about a piece of this pie, everyone loves pie! Now pay me!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.