Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Is anyone buying the Star Wars Xbox?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

Back when the system was announced in January, I pre-ordered the system from Amazon. I figure I could turn around and sell my current Xbox (S model, I believe it's called) and put the money towards the new system to help with the costs.

Since it's coming out tomorrow, are there any others here on the forums who is picking up the Star Wars Xbox?

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lebkin

I've got an old 60GB Xbox that has nearly given up the ghost, and I don't have a kinect yet. So I thought if I'm going to buy a new system, I might as well go all in. I've got the Star Wars system ordered from Amazon as well.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BrockNRolla

Seems dumb. Then again, I think any specially branded system, whether it be Halo or FF-XIII, is pretty dumb.

A little bit of paint and a couple sound effects aren't going to impress for long.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

i like star wars, i like the xbox but this doesn't look nice.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Radar

The only thing I like about it is the Blue power LED and the R2 noises. Everything about it is just hideous.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Worthy

As I am a stupid Star Wars fanboy, and my old 1-gen xbox was about to die I got one. Its actually quite nice, looks somewhat stupid in my living room. But I was shocked at how little noise the slims make when comparing it to my 1-gen.

And the nuclear powerbrick is way less warm. All in all, glad I waited so long to convert from my 1-gen

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By BleedingStarX

I bought it and was able to sell the Kinect and the 2 games for £114 on eBay. Very pleased

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCreamFilling

@Radar said:

The only thing I like about it is the Blue power LED and the R2 noises. Everything about it is just hideous.

My thoughts exactly.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Patman99

@Worthy said:

As I am a stupid Star Wars fanboy, and my old 1-gen xbox was about to die I got one. Its actually quite nice, looks somewhat stupid in my living room. But I was shocked at how little noise the slims make when comparing it to my 1-gen.

And the nuclear powerbrick is way less warm. All in all, glad I waited so long to convert from my 1-gen

Yeah, I am in a similar position. I bought it to replace my first gen Elite xbox. I felt like it was time to move on and why not with something that is Star Wars themed.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By efman

No, my first-gen Elite is in great condition, except for the noise it emits, and this long into the lifecycle of the console, I don't see the need to convert, unless it dies on my or if I, somehow, were to get it sold at a price I wouldn't be losing anything out on. Though, I'd much rather settle for the S-model than this one, as I already have a Kinect. But, I gotta say, other than the sound, my Elite works really well and hasn't really caused much in the way of trouble for as long as I've had it (pushing a good 4 years now around the time Gears 2 came out) -- knock on wood.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JJGIANT

Xbox 360 with a new paint job and different beeping noises....not worth it.]

Quantical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quantical

Just got mine, I bought it to laugh at really. What a bucket of shit. I even get a copy of Kinect Adventures as well as Kinect StarWars, No HDMI cable included though. At least I can start playing the Gears of War that everyone kept talking about once though...... guys? Hey wait for me!

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Yanngc33

No but I will buy Star Wars Kinect because I want my childhood memories to be shit on

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By zombie2011

I bought the Gears 3 Xbox the other day to upgrade my 1st gen 360, and i think it looks great.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm past the age where I feel the need to have Star Wars in my life. Lucas kept dropping the ball, the abuses stack up to a point where even the classic films just aren't as cool as they used to be.

Also, I just bought a second Xbox, and I barely touch my Kinect as it is, so I have no need for another one of those.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, not even a big Star Wars fan but there's a bit of a console collector in me.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BonOrbitz

I ended up cancelling my order. I realized that I still have a small balance on my Amazon card, my Xbox S is just fine, and that money can go to other things like paying off my Amazon balance, more games, or the Wii U and a couple of games at it's launch. I'll end up buying Star Wars Kinect for $20 someday.

Quantical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Quantical

The gold coloured 360 pad is pretty sweet though. Mine seems to rattle when I shake it though. I'm thinking that is a bad thing. I can't try it out until later. :(

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By Hector

I'm happy with my Xbox S, I just upgraded to it this past christmas.

Quantical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Quantical

Pain in the arse to find its MAC adrress too.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I wished they had used a different paint scheme as it don't look that cool. Now, while resident evil 5 was a lame game, it came out with a special edition in red and I thought that was totally awesome.

bkfountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bkfountain

It looks cool, and I respect the effort that went into it, but eh. That goddamn Lucas tax.

Paying $450 for a 360 in 2012 is insane really. That's like a launch price of the consoles that will be out next year.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By connerthekewlkid

since a man that owns the franchise related to the xbox but in no way helped make or produce it im still not buying it since there might be some possible way money could get to him. oh yeah and something about ruining my childhood or something.

/sarcasm

mupmuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mupmuck

No.

Avatar image for cold_blooded_chiller
    Cold_Blooded_Chiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had mine on pre-order for over a year, and it's been here since it was released. It was a no brainer upgrade for me, if you look at the price of a 320Gb HDD, the wifi , and a Kinect...plus the built in optical out and the 2 extra USB ports are a godsend for me.

The Star Wars part of it was irrelevant , except for having to wait longer to get an S model. The controller is nice and shiny, but I don't use it because I only use WIRED 360 controllers (because of when I was playing Forza 3, it was the only way to generate credits while I slept).

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zekhariah

Just picked one up for ~350 with a sale, and retail is already down to ~400 as the standard. Including Kinect star wars probably hurt sales overall with that things reputation, but the price is trending to reasonable. Its ugly in a good way IMO.

BadJackDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By BadJackDaniels

I have one and it is my sweetheart.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mixwizzard

@Radar: And you could probably do some asethetic mods (ones that won't get you shitcanned from Xbox Live) for the Blue power light. Not sure about the R2 sound effects.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GunGunW

I actually own the Star Wars R2D2 Xbox. I got it as a graduation present from my parents a couple of months ago, before that I had an original arcade model for the previous four years

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By mariokart64fan

nope , i think its a waste of 400 dollars , i would take that 400 and buy a wiiu and a game especailly if you already have a working slim 360

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.