Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Is live Gold worth it?

• 64 results
    Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Hexpane
    Pibo47 said:
    "Hexpane said:
    "If you  have
    PS3
    PC

you dont need XBLG

If you dont have PS3 or PC  you have no choice, that is Microsoft's cash cow.  They charge people for crappy lag fest peer2peer gaming"
    Epic phail troll epicly phail's. 
    Nice attempt to dodge the facts and resort to flaming. 
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By keyhunter

You get what you pay for apparently.

lacke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By lacke

LIVE is overpriced. It's worth it in the sense that the 360 experience will be much better but I'd only €1-2 each month if it was up to me. Don't argue that why not have it for free then, because I'm saying €1-2 is what I'm willing to pay. I'm forced to pay its current price. In lack of better words.

Pseudo_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Pseudo_Sidious

I didn't have Live for quite a while. I lived without it, and I don't use it a ton now, but it is nice option to have. It was always frustrating when I DID want to play a game online, and I couldn't because I didn't have live. Also, I use the Netflix streaming; so I love having that convenient option. What I do is buy the 12+1 month cards off of Amazon marketplace. I can usually find them on there for about $43-$45 after shipping. So, that makes Live less than $3.50 a month, which is a very good price for what you get in return. Long story short: Get Live; that way you have it when you want it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Wolverine
    sarahsdad said:
    "I've just recently bought a 360 (updated from a ps2), and since my free month of live gold is running out soon, I'm trying to decide if it's worth it.

I've never been particularly into online gaming, but then I've usually had a Mac, or the PS2, so not really a wonderland of online opportunities there.

I tend to like story-driven and rpg-ish games; witness my first purchases or Orange Box, BioShock, and MassEffect, of which MassEffect has held the most time so far.

I have Netflix, so there's the streaming, but the selection tends to be skimpy, and mostly stuff I already have.

The 40 or 50 bucks for a year isn't really a lot, but on the other hand, it's also a couple of good used games from sometime in the last few years, or the better part of a new one.

Anyone out there who didn't go for a full Gold subscription right away, and ended up getting one a few months latter?

Or is the occasional monthly card a better deal?"
    I think it is worth it for Netflix Instant Streaming. They have all the season of 30 Rock, The Office, Heroes and Weeds. Those are awesome shows and it would cost you way more than $50 to buy the DVDs.
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By jNerd
    If you have to ask you can't afford it.
    Leewow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Leewow

get a 3 months live card and if u don't like it don't get anymore.
    just make sure you mute the jerks and don't listen to anything they say

KivviJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By KivviJuice

Its worth Every penny for me. 

you can get a 13 month card for like 40 bucks from amazon. thats barely 3 bucks a month............not really a question when youre paying 300 to400$ for a system and 60$ for games.

but if you dont play multiplayer that much, you can just play your single player games.......and when a multiplayer games comes along, you can get the 3 month cards
    bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bjorno

yes

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Palantas

Yeah, it's worth it.  It's what, four or five bucks a month?  That's less than the price of a drink.  Get Live.

joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By joshy9411

Okay....so u have an xbox 360....u have an internet connection to that 360.....u have a windows live account associated with that xbox 360 console, now the next logical step would be to utilize these assets properly and upgrade to gold

a 360 without live is like a child without legs, or arms, or a torso....like a childs head on a skate board i guess......and thats not to good
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By Red

Sure, especially if you don't have a PS3.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By MikeydCT

There have been a few of sales on a year of live lately for $30. The price of live could be going down to $30. If your not in to multiplayer don't get live. There are a few games you can play with out it like shadow run and lost planet special edition.  Live is the easiest way to invite people in to games.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DeadlyPain

i thought xbox live is going to be free soon?

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

i got 2 free xbox live years so in May may be the 1st time i pay for xbox live, im going to try to get another free year cause i don't like giving microsoft any money

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.