Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Microsoft claims "Unprecedented Demand" for the new 360

woodelf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By woodelf86

Do you think this is the start XBOX making another strong run or will this peter out after a month because its just a few people buying a new SKU?  Do you plan on getting one and if so is it replacing your old 360? In addition to your old 360? or your first 360?

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By guiseppe

I would get one if I had the money for it. But I don't, so I won't. I would probably give my old one to my girlfriend.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I've never been a big fan of re-releases of consoles, because it's like they're saying "Instead of rewarding our loyal followers, we're coming out with something that's better and cheaper than what we had a couple years ago, and rewarding people who waited". 

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sadisticham

Never rebrought a console before. Ever. Hell i still have my original DS. Never had any desire.

But I've got to admit the new 360 looks damn sleek and if i came into a spare £200 I'd probably pick it up. As it goes i can't justify buying it when I've got a perfectly good old one sitting there.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Willy105

All those complaining it's just a hardware refresh need to remember that it's not for you. It's for those who never bought a 360 because they were scared of the bad hardware.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mrskidders

I just brought one so I can retire my Elite to my collection.  It's seems just fine and I can imagine it will sell really well.  PS3, although awesome, is still a little pricey to be as accesible for a younger gamer and the Wii is the Betamax of consoles.  There won't be a new Xbox for at least another 2 years I would wager.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'd reckon the 360 is on another good run for the next 2 or 3 years. I've always wanted a 360 but I've always had doubts over the shoddy build quality so that's why I ended up getting the PS3 Slim instead last year. With a redesigned 360 it's certainly encouraging me to get a 360 for sure. I would get one now provided that I had the money of course but at the same time I just want to wait a while longer and see how it's treating everyone for now.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MancombSeepgood

I'm not if I wanna get a new 360. I'm thinking about selling mine, mainly for fear that I've had it a while and it could RROD at any moment, and getting a new one. I'm not surprised that the demand is high though, some people just have to have the new thing, aha.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JustinSane311

I still find it hard to believe that the new 360s are in such high demand.  Over where I live there was about 30 new 360s sitting on BB shelves and most of the GStops have them in stock. 

I'll eventually buy a new 360 if my current one breaks since it is no longer under warranty.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jasonofindy
    @JustinSane311 said:
    " I still find it hard to believe that the new 360s are in such high demand.  Over where I live there was about 30 new 360s sitting on BB shelves and most of the GStops have them in stock.  I'll eventually buy a new 360 if my current one breaks since it is no longer under warranty. "
    Where is this?  Gamestops around here already have their next 3 shipments presold and won't take any more preorders.  Target stores have nothing but leftover old Final Fantasy elite bundles that no one wants and Amazon is still listing their next restock as the 15th.  Where is this mythical land of overstocked Best Buys and how do they manage to have stock when no one else does?
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Seppli

If I was in need of a new 360, I'd gladly get the redesign. I like its looks and it being less noisy and more reliable. Microsoft did a good job on the the redesign.

I bet quite a few people who gave up on Xbox after getting a RROD are buying into 360 again now. I believe the demand will keep up for a good long while.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By carlthenimrod

Already got one and loving it. Traded my old ass launch 360 that didn't have HDMI plus three Wii games and ended up paying $57 for it when all was said and done.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Red12b

I might since my 360 Red ringed a few years ago, I do really want to play Limbo and Alan wake...Also, Forza is appealing until GT5 comes around, this November, Right SONY  
    I have your address sony, I know where you live, don't lie to me again, 

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mr_Skeleton
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    "I've never been a big fan of re-releases of consoles, because it's like they're saying "Instead of rewarding our loyal followers, we're coming out with something that's better and cheaper than what we had a couple years ago, and rewarding people who waited".  "

Its been five years since the original Xbox 360 was released, and if today they got the ability to release the same product only better and cheaper than they could do five years ago only the consumer profits from that.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

Your money would be better spent upgrading your PC instead of buying the aging xbox 360 or ps3 hardware with new color schemes...

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Burns098356GX
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " Your money would be better spent upgrading your PC instead of buying the aging xbox 360 or ps3 hardware with new color schemes... "
    ...no.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Burns098356GX said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " Your money would be better spent upgrading your PC instead of buying the aging xbox 360 or ps3 hardware with new color schemes... "
    ...no. "
    I am disappoint. :(
    Spaceyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Spaceyoghurt

I'll buy it. Will still keep my old 360 though, good to have when you have friends over,  makes it easy to arrange tournaments and such. :D

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By DriveupLife

I've have a preorder at Gamestop since 3 days after the announcement and I still have not received mine. Very annoyed at Microsoft for this "2 console per shipment" nonsense.

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Shasam

I want one, and might be able to get one soon, but I still think that this isn't a new trend. I think it'll die down after a month and that this bump is just people upgrading, rather than jumping in for the first time.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I think most folks (like me) grabbed the $199 Jasper arcade unit, put their own hard drive on it, and are good to go. No reason to lay out the money for the new sku really. Besides re-buying the console that the 360 should have been all along bugs me a little bit.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It probably won't be a huge boost like the PS3 Slim, since the 360 has always been relatively affordable but I think there will be a lot of people upgrading up till around and after Microsoft's big releases this year. I imagine a lot of people will be playing long sessions of Halo Reach or Gears of War 3 and this will inevitably lead to a lot of RRoDing and people looking for the new SKUs. Then it will probably die down again.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mrskidders
    @PeasForFees: Nope fair enough, bad analogy.  Next gen wannabe, underpowered, gimmicky nursery friendly party game box cover it?  Don't get me wrong, I have one and I enjoyed Twilight Princess, Smash Bros and No More Heroes a lot but it's just not a contender for me against the big boys.
    Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By holycrapitsadam

I got mine first day they were released. Just walked into a GameStop and bought it. I traded in my old 360 with the deal they had going on at the time and only had to pay $100 for the new console. Not bad. I needed a bigger hard-drive and a quieter xbox anyways

ReddogDL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By ReddogDL

I don't understand the logic behind buying the same console I have sitting there right now, only a shorter model... seems like $200 down the drain to me.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By demontium

Show me NPD numbers and then we will see.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JustinSane311
    @Jasonofindy said:
    " @JustinSane311 said:
    " I still find it hard to believe that the new 360s are in such high demand.  Over where I live there was about 30 new 360s sitting on BB shelves and most of the GStops have them in stock.  I'll eventually buy a new 360 if my current one breaks since it is no longer under warranty. "
    Where is this?  Gamestops around here already have their next 3 shipments presold and won't take any more preorders.  Target stores have nothing but leftover old Final Fantasy elite bundles that no one wants and Amazon is still listing their next restock as the 15th.  Where is this mythical land of overstocked Best Buys and how do they manage to have stock when no one else does? "
    I'm in the NY area. Apparently the mall and the shopping center around the area  is one of the largest shopping centers in the U.S.  I guess since it's such a high traffic area, they are getting alot of shipments.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Afroman269

It's because the new console was in short supply for a while. My gamestop only got one console, which is the one I bought, shortly after the announcement. There will be drop in demand once it's more available until the holiday season of course.

BeastIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BeastIncarnate

I'm buying it because my launch console is on it's last leg. On the Gamestop preorder list, so we'll see if those ever arrive.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TotalEklypse

as someone who suffered 3 RROD then said enough... i gota say at first i was tempted then i saw some statement about how it cant RROd for the fact it didnt have red led lights..lol. gota say that scares me a little. rather they said no we fixed it totally and we back the construction. i dunno if i will get one or not. honestly between my ps3 and falling in love with pc gaming all over again the chances seem low for me personally. the games i really wanted on the system i already have for pc and the amount of free mods and stuff just make it even less worth it for me. i think it will do ok though as a whole.

BeastIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BeastIncarnate

I'd fall in love with PC gaming all over again if it weren't for the ridiculous price tag. I'd have to overhaul my whole system. No thanks.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

I got a slim, so I guess that contributes.

@DriveupLife said:

" I've have a preorder at Gamestop since 3 days after the announcement and I still have not received mine. Very annoyed at Microsoft for this "2 console per shipment" nonsense. "

I just walked into Futureshop and picked one up. They had at least 8 when I went in. I also saw that the EB close by had 2 in stock.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spoonman671

It will take years for me to build up enough confidence in Microsoft's hardware to actually purchase another one of their systems.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By pweidman
    @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
    "I think most folks (like me) grabbed the $199 Jasper arcade unit, put their own hard drive on it, and are good to go. No reason to lay out the money for the new sku really. Besides re-buying the console that the 360 should have been all along bugs me a little bit."

Same here.
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I'm trying to get my woman to get it but I can't find it in any store here.
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By simian

I might pick one up but I just bought an elite in Feb so the need isn't as crushing.

JoshB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By JoshB

I bought one... I love it. I had an original launch 20 gig. it was time. My room is insane now. HD-DVD player, Scene it with all the controllers, Vision camera, rock band and all the peripherals. I have Kinect on pre-order. Microsoft loves me....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.