Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

My XBoX Declared Dead 3:40 E 06/30

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sprizmo

There is no celebrating my second RRoD. There has been a theme of death this past week with all of these celebrities kicking the bucket, but no demise as sobering and depressing as that of my console. Now I have 3 Gamefly games that are going to sit around and collect dust while I pay for the service. As mentioned in a previous thread, the warranty I had paid $100 to aqcuire is expired by 2 weeks.

I have decided never to depend on Microsoft again for such repairs. Instead, I got some tools on the way via Ebay, and I'm gonna fix this damn thing myself. Better yet, I'm going to share with you folks the 3 part video that very plainly takes you through the repair process step by step. If you're in my situation and are sick of shelling out cash on the same system, take a crack at solving your own problem once and for all. You'll be amazed at how simple it really is. You're welcome!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I always find it funny that Nintendo consoles never have hardware failures.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine

When my Xbox breaks I say some ridiculous things like that I will never buy another Microsoft product again but I always just send it in, get it fixed, and get over it. I don't understand why you are going to fix it on your own when you can get it fixed for free. What if you make a mistake a break the console?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MeierTheRed

May it rest in peace, if you can´t fix it.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sprizmo
    @Wolverine: Customer service tells me that my registered console is beyond warranty and I have to pay for it. I bought the system used so maybe it was already repaired for free once? I don't know!
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolverine
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I always find it funny that Nintendo consoles never have hardware failures. "
    That isn't true at all. The plastic on the DS Lite was always cracking without even being touched and a good amount of NES's don't work anymore.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

well, good luck on the fix. it is sad to read that someone's xbox 360 broke.  i tried fixing a broken 360 it didn't work out and it was already registered so i couldn't send it to microsoft.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sprizmo
    @iam3green: Did you do the X-Clamp thing the guy does in the video?
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Azteck

I've been looking for a broken xbox to mess around with, it looks like fun. :o

Good luck in repairing it, and make sure to never lose your temper.

BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlazBleu

Last week it was Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, MJ, and Billy Mays, and now this?! What has the world come to?!?!?!

Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Drrizzit

Amen man, Luckily when i got my RRoD a few weeks ago, i still had the 3 year thing for them. The xbox is built like a peice of crap.

Avatar image for dirtyfootprints
    dirtyfootprints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dirtyfootprints

im deeply sorry for your loss.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Jedted

So do you not replace the X-Clamps with this fix?  Just put it together with the screws provided in the repair kit?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green
    @Sprizmo: no because my 360 is still under warranty. i took a hairdryer to the warranty sticker so it is still sticky and opened it. if i have problems with my 360 then i just take the mods off, place the old parts, put sticker back as if i didn't touch it.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

aren't you the one that paid 100 dollars to have RRod fixed a year ago when a system purchased at launch would still be covered under 3 year rrod warrenty...as well as have posted 3-4 threads about your 360 not working....it just comes to point it seems your wanting to really bitch alot about your 360 not working when it could have been fixed for free.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iam3green
    @PeasForFees: no, it's nothing illegal. i have a fan and a different ring/ power button color. i have nothing illegal like pirating games on my 360. it's wrong to do that kind of thing as it kills gaming, especially PC gaming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.