Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Peter's Bluff

the_9th_wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By the_9th_wonder

So last week when Peter Molyneux talked to Brad about Fable II and the topic of the now infamous Fortune's Tower exploit came up. Good Ole Pete said, in that cavalier car salesman bravado of his, that the glitch was intentionally placed into the pub games as some sort of quasi-social experiment. He claimed that Pub Game cheaters would be forced to face severe consequences upon merging their exploited P.G. character with their Fable II avatar. Apparently, P. Moly and his posse up at Lionhead have patched the glitch... Now, why, if the glitch was intentionally put into the game, are they patching it now a month out from release? ::sighs:: Someone once called Peter "one of the world's greatest salesmen." Pete must be slipping in his old age, cause his is act's starting to wear thin to where a blind person in a pitch black room could see right through his bullshit. He's like a modern P.T. Barnum... without the circus tent.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Wow taking something like this so serious is just trivial. Calm down there, buddy.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Rowr

well his actions have you posting threads on a message board about his game, so he is doing something right.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gizmo

Well they patched it, because they dont want people just doing it because everyone is doing it. It was intentional, and it was extremely clever.

Although I will not be buying Fable 2.
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By LightYagami245
    Rowr said:
    "well his actions have you posting threads on a message board about his game, so he is doing something right."
    lol true. If one person is talking about his exploits, then he is satisfied.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Jayge_

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/molyneux-spin-genius-or-troll/15782/#5

already a topic here.

Shabran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Shabran

i KINDA GET YOU

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By coakroach

Reminds me of the Joker pencil scene
    Think about it

the_9th_wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_9th_wonder
    LightYagami245 said:
    "Rowr said:
    "well his actions have you posting threads on a message board about his game, so he is doing something right."
    lol true. If one person is talking about his exploits, then he is satisfied."

I don't quite get how inviting discourse among fellow games is playing into Pete's hand. ::shrugs:: Not that it will skew my opinion of Fable II either way. It's just two-faced to say one thing then turn around and do something totally contradictory. That kind of shit just gets under my skin.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

just never buy the game and don't care about it if this kind of stuff bothers you...thats what I'm doing, but because I just don't have interest, not cause of this.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Rowr
    the_9th_wonder said:
    "LightYagami245 said:
    "Rowr said:

I don't quite get how inviting discourse among fellow games is playing into Pete's hand. ::shrugs:: Not that it will skew my opinion of Fable II either way. It's just two-faced to say one thing then turn around and do something totally contradictory. That kind of shit just gets under my skin."
    that comment was in response to you disputing he was a good salesman.

If his comments are getting on to message boards in one way or another he is creating awareness of the game, leading to higher sales more than likely.

Though i agree with you, if he is lying about it thats kind of annoying. Though the true extent of peter molyneuxs genius cannot be fathomed by me, so im still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raiden36O
    the_9th_wonder said:
    "LightYagami245 said:
    "Rowr said:

I don't quite get how inviting discourse among fellow games is playing into Pete's hand. ::shrugs:: Not that it will skew my opinion of Fable II either way. It's just two-faced to say one thing then turn around and do something totally contradictory. That kind of shit just gets under my skin."
    wow your an angry person, why no love for the P man?

He makes awesome games so stop crying over nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.