Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

So how much can a 20GB hold, game wise... >.>

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Don't tell me "20GB's," I know that. I want to know how many games I could fit on a 20GB  before it's full. I'm thinking about the 60GB, but now I wonder if 20GB might be better for me.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Riddler

gamewise? you mean save files? they are usually a few mega bytes per game........so basically all the games you want

if youre getting it just for games 20 gb is MORE than enough.

if youre going to download tons of demos (1gb each) , arcade games (50 mb - 100mb) then get the 60gb

if youre gonna download HD movies, install your whole collection to the harddrive, and do all of the above, get the Elite 120gb

.................personally i have never had space problems with my 20 gb, always had 2-3 gb left. cleared some extra stuff, now have 7 gb left.

MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was probably going to stick to games, demos and arcade games. I'd probably delete the demos when I'm done with them though.

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "Don't tell me "20GB's," I know that. I want to know how many games I could fit on a 20GB  before it's full. I'm thinking about the 60GB, but now I wonder if 20GB might be better for me."
    I don't know what to tell you other than the obvious.
    You don't have to worry about arcade games taking up all that space. If you're asking about how many games would fit on a 20GB hard drive using the fall update I couldn't tell you that, there are too many variables to take into account.
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just meant like, if I had 100 different game save files, and 50 arcade games, would it all fit on the 20GB hard drive? I probably won't even have 100 game save files and 50 arcade games. I just was wondering how much it could hold like, in approximate number of games...

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Riddler
    "I just meant like, if I had 100 different game save files, and 50 arcade games, would it all fit on the 20GB hard drive? I probably won't even have 100 game save files and 50 arcade games. I just was wondering how much it could hold like, in approximate number of games..."

as i said, demos i usually delete after im done with them....so they dont take up that much space.

and arcade games are usually 50mb - 200 mb, and game saves are a few megs..........20 gb is more than enough just for games.

get the bigger ones if youre interested in HD movies and other content
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, looks like I'm gonna get the 20GB, thanks for your input. =] Oh wait, I can always buy an extra hard drive or something right?

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Riddler
    "Alright, looks like I'm gonna get the 20GB, thanks for your input. =] Oh wait, I can always buy an extra hard drive or something right?"

you can buy extra ones, but they are over priced.

once you get on live theres so much stuff youll want to download that you wont stick to your "only games" motto. so you might wanna look into the 60 gb, but as i said if you know you will only stick to games 20gb is enough.
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games and arcade games. I'm not a big movie guy, and any that I do see are in theaters or rented. And I'm sure I'll get demos and delete them when I'm done. But if I can survive on the 20GB with mainly game saves and arcade games downloaded, then I think I'll be fine.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By LightYagami245

It really depends on the games you get. I have 10-13 360 games, 6 XBLA games, 5 images, and 25-35 songs on my HDD(a 20GB) and I have 11.8GB left.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jayge_

In terms of rippable games (the new feature that's coming out), since the HD uses at least 5 or 6 gigs to format (fucking worthless Microsoft architecture) you can store maybe two, if you don't have anything else on it.

LightWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LightWarrior
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LightYagami245
    Jayge said:
    "In terms of rippable games (the new feature that's coming out), since the HD uses at least 5 or 6 gigs to format (fucking worthless Microsoft architecture) you can store maybe two, if you don't have anything else on it."
    I wonder how it will work with multiple disc games.
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want t rip the games off the disc onto the hard drive, I just want to play some games off of it, and download some games. That's about it....

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Riddler
    "I don't want t rip the games off the disc onto the hard drive, I just want to play some games off of it, and download some games. That's about it...."

ripping makes the load times faster, some video showed gta4 being 6gb or somthing.....so you can just rip the game youre playing at the moment, delete it the next time you get another game and rip the new one, im pretty sure it doesnt remove the saves, just the ripped game files........thats what im doing
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

basically the 20gb is good for everything except hd movies.  If you just want games, demos, etc. the 20 GB is enough.

Butters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Butters

Yeah 20 GB is enough for games and demos, if you delete the demos after you are done playing them. But if you want to take advantage of the new feature coming with the new Xbox Live of uploading game files to your harddrive you would need a bigger HD.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Technically, the 20GB only has 13GB that you can use. 7 of it is reserved for other things, like the backwards compatibility. I'm down to 8GB now, and I actually hardly have anything saved on my 360. Just game saves, about 6 game trailers, maybe like 8 themes, 3-4 XBLA games, maybe like 2-3 XBLA demos, and some DLC for the games I own. I find that it's the downloadable content that kills up all the space, since it's not being read off a disk or anything and is all directly on the hard drive. I wanted to download Ninja Gaiden Black as an Xbox Original, but it takes up 6GB and then I'd only have 2GB left, which just isn't enough for me.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LightYagami245
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "basically the 20gb is good for everything except hd movies.  If you just want games, demos, etc. the 20 GB is enough."
    He's right. I still have 10.9GB left and I had my 360 since launch.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolverine

About 14 gb

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By kenzo287

of course if you do download hd movies then you can just delete them and redownload them whenever you feel like watching them

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.