Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Trading in rules

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SneakyPenguins

I am getting a 360 slim and i am trading in my current arcade when i do. I have a launch Xbox also but the disc reader is shot. Does anybody know if EB games (Gamestop) tests the system when you trade in the system. It would make sense but i find it hard to believe they would hook up the system and try it on the spot, it seems weird to me. The trade in value is ass low anyway so i figure they factore in possible repair cost for trade ins. If anybody can help me it b e much appreciated. :)

SneakyPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SneakyPenguins

really? lol nobody has traded in a system and can say weather they tested or not 

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Funzzo

yes they do. they have a little screen and power supply under the counter. like pawn shops do as well.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

They tested my 360. They plugged everything in, got a game out, put it in, waited for it to load up, and played it for a minute or so.

rdav1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By rdav1109

When I traded in mine, they hooked it up completely, put in Halo 3, and played online for a few minutes. They thoroughly test them. They won't take your broken 360.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By EpicSteve

I used to be an assistant manager of a Gamestop. Yes, it's company policy that all systems go through a short play test prior to buying it from the customer.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond
    @rdav1109 said:
    They won't take your broken 360
    I hear they'll take broken 360's as long as they turn on.  Probably give you $25 credit or so.  Then they can refurb that unit.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @SneakyPenguins: Yes, they plugged in my system and tested it when I did the trade-up for a 360 S.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I know this is absurd, but can you trade in an Xbox 360 + a few games + 120gb HDD for a PS3? > & Can you get a brand new PS3 by doing that?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BraveToaster

It even says on the website that they check to ensure all items function properly.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Once I lucked out and had a ps2 with a shoddy lens and it was 50/50 and I just figured Id take whatever they gave me for it. I told them and they tested it, and it happened to be working fine that day so they gave me a solid 90 for it- this was back a few years and I got an xbox 1, but Id say just take a chance and see what they'll give ya.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan
    @afrofools said:
    "I know this is absurd, but can you trade in an Xbox 360 + a few games + 120gb HDD for a PS3? > & Can you get a brand new PS3 by doing that? "

Sorry if this is a useless post, but to my knowledge Gamestop doesn't do as much of the straight "X amount of things for X amount of things" deals anymore, and instead treats everything as a currency value.  It just depends on what it all adds up to (at least thats how EBgames works, for us canucks.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @afrofools said:
    " I know this is absurd, but can you trade in an Xbox 360 + a few games + 120gb HDD for a PS3? > & Can you get a brand new PS3 by doing that? "
    I don't think you have enough credit.
    v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By v
    @afrofools said:
    " I know this is absurd, but can you trade in an Xbox 360 + a few games + 120gb HDD for a PS3? > & Can you get a brand new PS3 by doing that? "

I actually talked with the employee about this, cause I turned in my 20 GB Hard-drive and two controllers and didnt tell him that it was for the new 360 and he gave me 38 dollars. The way that it works is that they put the money as credit towards the pre-order of a new 360, so if you are just trading the stuff in, you will get normal rates, which are absolute shit. (it went from 38 dollars to 86 just after saying that it was for the new 360...)
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Last I checked Gamestop had stopped the trade in offer for non pre orders, they have such a long waiting list for preorders now that they don't expect anyone to be able to get retail stock from gamestop, I tried doing the whole trade in and they told me this, as well they've taken the offer down from the site.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ok thanks @SpikeSpiegel, @V, @Brendan for the replies. I live in Australia and our Gamestop company is EBgames. 
    I would most likely get the PS3 much cheaper, but I would lose out on value (though I can't say I'm that worried). 
    Me thinks that I should just hold onto the xbox (get to play Crackdown 2 yay!) and buy a PS3.

Venom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Venom09

EBgames is owned by Gamestop

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By mordecaix7
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Last I checked Gamestop had stopped the trade in offer for non pre orders, they have such a long waiting list for preorders now that they don't expect anyone to be able to get retail stock from gamestop, I tried doing the whole trade in and they told me this, as well they've taken the offer down from the site. "
    Wow, they did take it down.  That deal was supposed to last until July 18th.  That deal lasted maybe two weeks if that.  Glad I jumped on that deal when I found out about...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.