Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

worth getting a 360 for me?

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Kane

ok that was wierd, posted with no text, so I just played fble 1 and i really want to play fable 2, i already have a ps3 and there are no other 360 exclusives i really am interested in other than left 4 dead, so is it worth buying a 360 arcade just for these 2 games? if so, should i go ahead and get gold live?

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kane

oh and i guess halo wars looks ok

BOSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BOSS

I would say so.   XBOX 360 has a great game library.  You can always upgrade it, too, if you decide to attach harddrive for the downloadable content and game installs.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By shimbibby

I'd say its a good purchase. I have both 360 and PS3 and really couldnt see myself only choosing 1 console. 360 has some really great games - and some are incredibly cheap. If you're into FPS's you should definitely get L4D, and Halo 3 is fantastic. Also Fable 2 is unbelievably fun for the 20-25 hours it lasts. LIVE Gold is like $30 so definitely worth it. GO FOR IT. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also left 4 dead isnt a exclusive

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kane

no left 4 dead isent  but my pc cant really run it to great, yeah i already have a wii but i absolutely hate it and i thought i would like it, kind of why i asked about this, Thanks for the input, i'll definatly consider getting a xbox if i dont get an hdtv, oh yeah, should i get hdtv or xbox? =)

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss

Return your Wii. That will help soften the blow from the 360, and if you hate the bugger, you might as well get rid of it anyway. There are lots of games worth your time in the 360 library: Halo 3, Gears of War 2 (don't buy right away though... I'd wait for further patches), Left 4 Dead, the Rainbow Six series, GRAW, Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect... The list goes on and on. No, not all of these are exclusives, but they are all available to you once you buy a 360, and thus must be listed.

See you online. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
    deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wii pretty much sucks, 360 has big library with lots of good games.

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Video_Tycoon

For just two game I think you are better off waiting for a few more games to come out that appeal to you.

Gravitywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gravitywolf

Two games isn't really a whole lot. You might regret it. 360 is a fantastic console with a tons of variety of games, but buying any system for only 2 games is not a good idea since you will eventually become bored of your system.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By shadows_kill
    Video_Tycoon said:
    "For just two game I think you are better off waiting for a few more games to come out that appeal to you."
    i agree with him/her.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Demyx

If you don't like the other games, then no.

But the cheapest 360 is only 200. You could sell that Wii on like ebay or something.

shawnzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shawnzzy
    End_Boss said:
    "Return your Wii. That will help soften the blow from the 360, and if you hate the bugger, you might as well get rid of it anyway. There are lots of games worth your time in the 360 library: Halo 3, Gears of War 2 (don't buy right away though... I'd wait for further patches), Left 4 Dead, the Rainbow Six series, GRAW, Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect... The list goes on and on. No, not all of these are exclusives, but they are all available to you once you buy a 360, and thus must be listed.

See you online. ;)"

Add these games to all of the Xbox games you missed not having one last generation (Granted the BC doesn't have all of them, but still has many good ones.) like Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 , Crimson Skies, Jade Empire and many more.
    shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shimbibby
    Kane said:
    "no left 4 dead isent  but my pc cant really run it to great, yeah i already have a wii but i absolutely hate it and i thought i would like it, kind of why i asked about this, Thanks for the input, i'll definatly consider getting a xbox if i dont get an hdtv, oh yeah, should i get hdtv or xbox? =)"
    Well, seeing as you already have a ps3 maybe an hdtv would be a better purchase; your games will look MUCH better. The xbox is definitely the smaller purchase compared to the hdtv, so you'd probably be better off checking out a new tv.

Also, would the consoles be in your room? If so, have you considered checking out a computer monitor. This one looks pretty sweet for the price
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By CharleyTony

buying an arcade unit and getting xbox live for just 2 games is not worth it,,

all I have is an xbox 360 and I LOVE IT TO DEATH but no system is really worth it for 1 or 2 games... your only problem is you check out games that you cant play, avoid em and you wont miss em.

I know there are awesome PS3 exclusive but I DO NOT NEED A PS3 if I have a 360 and like it... too few exclusive to justify having the 2 systems if you aint rich, that and you end up splitting your friends list, having to get multiple second controllers, that kind of stuff..

IMO the only thing that makes you want the other system is that you get a lot of info and exposure about the things you cant play on your system, ignore this and you will save a lot of trouble and money

and just for the record I finished all of fable 2 and loved it a lot

and I own Left 4 Dead and love it and play it all the time

but when you make buying decisions, think with your brain and your wallet will thank you in the long run ....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.