Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox Hard Drive + Disc Read Errors

LBAWKeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LBAWKeyblade

okay, hers my problem, i have downloaded games from games on demand, and i have installed games from discs onto my hard drive, and it never fails for me to get a disc read error, which i dont understand seeing as how the game is supposedly coming from the harddrive, i have been having this problem for a while, and i know that xbox support isnt gonna be any help, so i wondered if any one of you might have any suggestions for me?? it would be a big help if you could help me figure out what to do. thank you

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MasturbatingBear

you saying your getting DRE? try xbox support. 

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wait... have you installed off your disc the same games you bought off Games on Demand?

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MasturbatingBear

also... grammar. Holy hot hell man. try a little bit like me. I give minimal effort to try to be readable.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo
    @LBAWKeyblade said:
    " okay, hers my problem, i have downloaded games from games on demand, and i have installed games from discs onto my hard drive, and it never fails for me to get a disc read error, which i dont understand seeing as how the game is supposedly coming from the harddrive, i have been having this problem for a while, and i know that xbox support isnt gonna be any help, so i wondered if any one of you might have any suggestions for me?? it would be a big help if you could help me figure out what to do. thank you "
    See me after class, very poor effort.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine
    @LBAWKeyblade: @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " Wait... have you installed off your disc the same games you bought off Games on Demand? "
    @MasturbatingBear said:
    " also... grammar. Holy hot hell man. try a little bit like me. I give minimal effort to try to be readable. "
    The TC's grammar is so bad that I can't understand his situation. Did he download a game off Xbox Live and s getting this disc read error or is it an installed game?
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasturbatingBear

NO IDE@Wolverine said:

" @LBAWKeyblade: @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:

" Wait... have you installed off your disc the same games you bought off Games on Demand? "
    @MasturbatingBear said:
    " also... grammar. Holy hot hell man. try a little bit like me. I give minimal effort to try to be readable. "
    The TC's grammar is so bad that I can't understand his situation. Did he download a game off and s getting this disc read error or is it an installed game? "
    dude... no fucking idea. lol. why wont he respond? Id like to help him if he replied.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

i think he is saying that he has a game that he downloaded from games on demand and he also has some games installed. i think when he tries playing the game from on demand he gets disc error message. this is what i got out of reading it. 

i  have to say i would call up microsoft as i never heard of this. if a game is on hard drive then a game disc shouldn't be read.

LBAWKeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LBAWKeyblade
    @Wolverine: Its both. I have downloaded games, and i have installed games from disc. I have games from 'Games on Demand' and they give me the disc read error. But if i have a game installed on my Hard Drive, and i put the disc for that particular game in, it will also give me a disc read error. Pretty much, anything off my hard drive gives me this problem
    LBAWKeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LBAWKeyblade
    @MasturbatingBear: I'm saying that everything off my hard drive will give me a disc read error after a little while. Five or so minutes into the games i have on my hard drive, it will give me the disc read error. It doesn't matter if it's from 'Games on Demand' or if i have installed it from a disc....I still get the error. anyone have any suggestions?
    Poundx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Poundx2

I am currently having this same issue. I wanted to play Saints Row 2, but when I go to play it, I can only play for about 5 minutes before it freezes up (complete lock/must shut down at console). So I thiought that my reader was going out again and I installed the game to the HD. After that, when I tried to play the game, I couldn't even get past the screen with all of the fine print (the 3rd screen in, after the THQ and Volition screens). So I deleted it and purchased the game from the Marketplace, and when I go to start it, I get to the same screen, and I get the "The disk is unreadable" message, which baffles me because there is no disc. It's supposed to just read it off of the HD, and I cannot fathom what the issue is. The only thing I can think of are that either my HD is dying (but my other DLC games work fine) or there is some kind of license conflict.  
    I contacted xbox support, and they replied with a generic e-mail. They actually advised me to disconnect the HD and try starting the game with the HD disconnected, thus telling me in no uncertain terms that no one even read my e-mail.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.