Xbox live arcade games to get

#1 Posted by deepfry55 (15 posts) -

I want to experience everything Xbox live arcade has to offer and get some games to get from top hits to some of the hidden gems

I pick up limbo, penny arcade 1-4, undertow, bastion and castle crashers. I also plan to pick up braid and brother a two tales.

Any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated :)

#2 Posted by HellBound (1086 posts) -

When I really think about it, there are really few arcade games that are worth getting.

#3 Edited by MB (12255 posts) -

Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, Trials Evolution come to mind.

#4 Edited by ILikePopCans (749 posts) -

Dust: An Elysian Tail

#5 Posted by csl316 (8421 posts) -

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile and Mark of the Ninja are awesome. And all of the above.

#6 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

Orcs Must Die, Rock of Ages, Might and Magic Clash of Heroes, Risk Factions, Trine 2, Fez, N+, Spelunky, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Puzzle Quest are all games worth checking out.

Let's see if this actually posts this time...

#7 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

What everyone else said

#8 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (4918 posts) -

Minecraft - I think it's a pretty great port, suck in a ton of time into it. Play it with friends. / Geometry Wars - $5 of Fun / State of Decay

#9 Posted by planetfunksquad (416 posts) -

MARK OF THE NINJA

#10 Edited by Icemael (6316 posts) -

Hard Corps: Uprising is fantastic. Mega Man 9, Omega Five and Shadow Complex are also good.

#11 Edited by MetalBaofu (1373 posts) -
#12 Posted by csl316 (8421 posts) -

@icemael said:

Hard Corps: Uprising is fantastic.

Agreed, I know some people hated on it but I had a hell of a time with it.

#13 Edited by StudsMcKewl (68 posts) -

Super Meat Boy and Spelunky, but only if you hate yourself as a human being.

#14 Edited by UitDeToekomst (708 posts) -

Besides what has already been mentioned (Dust: An Elysian Tail is one I specifically second the recommendation of) i might recommend the two Kefling games, A Kingdom for Keflings and A World of Keflings. They are kind of neat time-waster type games. Fun to play with a few drinks and some time to kill, in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.