Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox support isn't supportive

Ness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ness

Hey all. By the way, this is a rant.
    A couple of days ago, I realized my Xbox was scratching all of my disks I put into it. Some of these were Blockbuster rentals (I have the game pass). Turns out it ruined over $200 of games that do not fall under the Microsoft Disc Replacement Program. Basically, all of that money is gone. That's ridiculous. I've been a loyal customer for years just to know that they don't give two shits about me.
     Then I called 1800 4 MY XBOX, and knew I had to send my Xbox back to them (this is the second time, first time RRoD). They sent me e-mails with the electronic shipping information. The label they provided me didn't work. So I have to call them again, complain that it didn't work. They send me e-mails again with new information. I call UPS and arrange for a pickup. I check my e-mail, get ready to send the package out, when the receipt labels don't look authentic enough. I have to call back UPS, they say it wouldn't work if I sent it. Microsoft once again sent me faulty shipping information. I have to call Microsoft again,  and get them to send me a new order with new tracking numbers and reference numbers. I already packaged my xbox in immense bubble wrap, and posted the reference number on top of the xbox. I have to unwrap everything, and post the new reference number on top of my xbox, again. Now I'm sitting here waiting for the e-mails to provide me with the shipping labels, hoping it comes before the pickup.
    And lastly, I can't play my xbox. That's not the worst of it, I can get over that. I can't get over, however, all of the shit they are putting me through. I expect to get a lot of tl;dr from here (cue the not witty person who says tl;dr) but why should I continue to support Microsoft?
    As with many other of the people who have had misfortunes such as mine, I'm considering buying the PS3. Honestly, how many of these rants have you heard from loyal xbox customers?
    Should I write a letter to Microsoft, when all they continue to give me is the 1 month Xbox Live subscription cards I love so much?

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Shawn

I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what you were trying to say. If you want Repairs, press 1.

Ness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ness
    Shawn said:
    "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what you were trying to say. If you want Repairs, press 1."
    Very witty. Just like the GiantBomb boards.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Shawn said:
    "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what you were trying to say. If you want Repairs, press 1."
    Lol
    Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Riddler
    Shawn said:
    LMAO!!!

/ thread. love how these idiots make new accounts to troll
    Ness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ness
    Riddler said:
    "Shawn said:
    LMAO!!!

/ thread. love how these idiots make new accounts to troll"
    LMAO!!!
    new account huh?
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Jayge_

Riddler, get off MS's nuts.

Ness- I'd complain the living *shit* out of them. Don't stop with the first asshole you get- continue to ask for superiors, and superiors, until you get someone so busy that they decide to give you a bunch of free shit, get you premium care for your console, etc. It's fun >.>

Ness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ness
    Jayge said:
    "Riddler, get off MS's nuts.

Ness- I'd complain the living *shit* out of them. Don't stop with the first asshole you get- continue to ask for superiors, and superiors, until you get someone so busy that they decide to give you a bunch of free shit, get you premium care for your console, etc. It's fun >.>"
    Thanks bud.
    I'll try, lol.
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By LightYagami245
    Shawn said:
    lol.

Riddler, just do what Jayge said, but not just for 1 day, do it every hour on the hour for weeks until there is progress.

Remember: People complain, but when you complain for many hours for weeks, corporations will remember you.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine

Yeah I have had a lot of problems with MS support as well.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo

Never had this problem. Have fun with your PS3, see you in a year when you sell it to get your 360 back.

monster123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By monster123

I love Microsfot technology, but most of there support centers are out-sourced in India. And the people who work there are usually not properly trained, plus they are just hard to work with.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Metasin

For what it's worth I've had nothing but good experiences with MS support, except of course that I had to call them in the first place. I say this only because people with a grievance always post and satisfied people very rarely do. So here goes my contribution to objectivity.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422
    Riddler said:
    "Shawn said:
    LMAO!!!

Riddler's the biggest dumbest fanboy to ever grace a gaming forum, never take his comments into consideration. I've heard good things about Ms's support, however I've never experiences such.. so many time support is out of country and useless too. and Vinchenzo, you and Riddler should start your own " lets be retarded fanboy" thread, and you can just go back and fourth to yourself, but leave it out of here. No one wants to hear your bullshit.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo
    pause422 said:
    "Riddler said:
    "Shawn said:
    LMAO!!!

Riddler's the biggest dumbest fanboy to ever grace a gaming forum, never take his comments into consideration. I've heard good things about Ms's support, however I've never experiences such.. so many time support is out of country and useless too. and Vinchenzo, you and Riddler should start your own " lets be retarded fanboy" thread, and you can just go back and fourth to yourself, but leave it out of here. No one wants to hear your bullshit."
    Back off. Honestly, I can have my opinion, and from personal experiences people often buy back things they wanted to sell. And vice versa. Don't act so smug, idiot.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61fbf36a1129f
    deactivated-61fbf36a1129f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

To be fair the customer service is stupid.
    Many of my arcade games don't work because I swapped my HD over to a new console when I got red rings. But I still can't use them now.. which sucks. They couldn't fix the problem. So I've lost loads of moeny in games I can't play!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.