Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Connectivity Issues With Only Some People

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

This has been happening for a long time now, but it's gotten particularly annoying since all the new games are coming out. You see, I can chat and play with some of my friends (essentially the ones I chat/play with most often). However, if I try to join the game or chat of someone I don't play with regularly, I get the whole spiel of "joining chat" or "game session no longer available" or "cannot join party, there may be network problems. Another problem: I can invite a friend into a random game and play with them, but I cannot talk to them. It seems like more of a "God is hell bent to fuck me over" type thing than anything else, but please, any feedback is appreciated.

Here is a list of stuff that I've tried to fix this problem:

• MY NAT SETTINGS ARE OPEN. I'M PLUGGED INTO PORT 1 ON MY ROUTER.
    • I HAVE A 15 MEG CONNECTION.
    • MY FAMILY CONTROLS ARE COMPLETELY UNBLOCKED
    • I HAVEN'T BLOCKED COMMUNICATIONS WITH ANY PLAYERS.
    • I HAVE TRIED REBOOTING.
    • I HAVE TRIED SHUTTING MY COMPUTER OFF WHILE ON LIVE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.