Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

720 Rumours: 2 New Pastebins; Sound Block, Halo1 preq, PGR 5

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

720 Pastebin I found..

[Its true that I don't even have a Kotaku link.]

Uhm. So, I had started skimming through some IGN article comments. IGN article: Next Xbox’s Optional Subscription Fee May Be $15 And in those, I stumbled upon some guy’s 720 Pastebin rumor he found. Ahh…. So, Pastebin. I mean, is it really that easy to eloquently pull rumors out of your ass and write this whole rumor-thing like this?. I’m about 50/50 satisfied with this stuff.

Pastebin: Durango.

Pastebin: Xbox dev kit specs 05/2013

Dual Pixels: RUMOR: Behind the Scenes with First Party Hardware and Third Party Software Next Gen

Almost positive:

The system will now come with 12GB of GDDR3 memory (True - this won't make a huge difference to performance in the short term, but it is cheap and gives microsoft one of the few areas where Durango can claim a victory of sorts. The logic is that the average joe will believe more memory is better. Why not? The PC market has been teaching him this for years)

I don't know.. Wasn't it supposed to be 8GB DDR3, not 12 GB GDDR3?. Can the motherboard allow them to do that?. That 8GB DDR3 rumor could have been false all along, just.. Huh.

Negative:

Microsoft were taken completely by surprise by the power of PS4 and the elegance of the design. Their relationship with AMD is also under extreme duress as they feel AMD have given Sony preferential hardware development support (the truth is that Sony's own engineers supported the process)

I could quote more, but there’s not much point since this is a Pastebin. I don't think its very likely this YouTube guy made the Pastebin so he could then put it on his own channel, while destracting users with a Blops2 multiplayer match-playthrough for eye-candy..

Whoever wrote this.. At least has interesting lies, or knows some stuff. I mean how many mid-level engineers can know this much about all the departments of a project?. Err.. : /

Edit: Oh, also that YouTube guy mentions a new Halo game, that's not Halo 5.

First off, the Xbox reveal. There is going to be a new Halo game coming out. Its going to be a prequel to Halo 1. Its going to be a squad-based co-op shooter. Its going to pre-date Halo Reach, and its going to focus around what the Master Chief was doing before Halo 1 and Halo Reach.

Durango's Sound Block Detail

I don't even want to detail this much. I'll just link this and maybe one of you could tell me what it means. It looks like gibberish I wish I knew about. It looks pretty..

vgleaks: Durango: Sound of Tomorrow

No Caption Provided

PGR 5 might get announced at the May 21st event.

Lucid games, a studio made from Ex-Bizarre guys, said on their facebook page:

So yeah, Mid-May will be interesting for the studio. We have some exciting updates coming. Stay tuned!

vgleaks: Rumor: PGR5 to be announced on 21 May.

Facebook: Lucid Games

So, that's sort of neat! I always liked PGR a little more than Forza.

IlltakeU2Paris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

so basically he took every troll pastebin post from neogaf and made a video about it...

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Fuck I love PGR shit they got me

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how many will give their lives

in the console wars?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

@august said:

in the console wars?

i am ready to fight for my console

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They've already got my money.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ajayraz said:

@august said:

in the console wars?

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my console.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I want a new system so bad, but the second this dude said Red ring of death I just had a horrible flashback. Maybe I will wait...

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By august
    @benny said:

@ajayraz said:

@august said:

in the console wars?

Every man dies for his console.

Not every man truly lives for his console.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

@august said:

@benny said:

@ajayraz said:

@august said:

in the console wars?

I don't agree with what you console, but I will fight to death your right to console.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@august: What are you even talking about?

I would love a new PGR. Even though the timing works out with Lucid's announcement and the Xbox event, that game could be anything. A new Forza is more probable.Turn 10 consistency pumps out Forzas every 2 years and FM4 was in 2011.

I think the Forza/Ryse/Zombie game rumor makes more sense than this one.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCreamFilling

@daneian said:

@august said:

@benny said:

@ajayraz said:

@august said:

in the console wars?

I don't agree with what you console, but I will fight to death your right to console.

The purpose of the console wars is not to die for your console, but to make the other bastard die for his!

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

@ajayraz said:

@august said:

in the console wars?

Dude, unless you really want the achievement/trophy you should be playing life on normal, you get 3 lives.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Hard to know for sure, but I will say that both of these things read like they were written by someone that knows what they're talking about. Word choices, stuff like that. Most people that would make stuff up wouldn't mention WWS, for example. They'd probably just say Sony. So if they're fake, they at least seem like good fakes, linguistically. Can't say anything one way or the other on the specs and other numbers, I haven't really been pumping people for info related to specs (since it's a pretty boring topic and those numbers change a lot). But the "PS4 more powerful than Durango, though that might not matter at launch" narrative has become more and more established over the last year, and this seems to fit into that.

Anyway, my gut tells me that these are both at least partially right, but since some of that information has changed so many times up until now, it'll be hard to look at what actually gets announced and know one way or the other if this stuff was legit or not. Also, some of this stuff could have been easily sourced from other rumors, so... yeah, hard to say. Either way, they're interesting chunks of somewhat plausible text.

I wouldn't read too much into the Lucid Games thing. Microsoft has been in "don't fuck around" mode for months now. Hinting at a Durango game on a Facebook page would probably be enough to get someone sued and/or fired at this point. Besides, Microsoft already has two distinct Forza pipelines up and running... they probably don't need a third racing game right now, especially when Turn 10 is perfectly capable of producing the sorts of high-res car models that one might need if one were getting ready to show off the power of a new console.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By august

@jeff: Thnaks for analysis, Jeff.

The "Apple-style" revisions thing seems totally bananas, right? The idea that you'd be getting a worse framerate on game X because you haven't bought this year's XBox is nuts. It seems like it would either change the industry forever OR sink the XBox brand.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By I_smell

@daneian said:

I don't agree with what console you play videogames on, but I will fight to the death to win an argument about it.

Hey is it just me or are there way more rumours about this one than the other one?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let the speculations commence! Some interesting ideas to say the least, all of it sounding rather negative.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By coughlanio

@august said:

@jeff: Thnaks for analysis, Jeff.

The "Apple-style" revisions thing seems totally bananas, right? The idea that you'd be getting a worse framerate on game X because you haven't bought this year's XBox is nuts. It seems like it would either change the industry forever OR sink the XBox brand.

Exactly, if Microsoft end up going this route, then it might push people towards the PS4, which they may see as a better investment.

I'll genuinely be surprised if Microsoft doesn't go the APU route, it really seems like the best choice for devices like game consoles: lower footprint, lower power consumption and lower cost, and you also the benefits of faster communication between the CPU and GPU, and the ability to take greater advantage of a unified memory pool.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff: Thanks for looking into it, Jeff. These pastebins are very fun reads, at least. So much jargon.

But, I was sort of looking forward to another Project Gotham game. I just like the urban environments. Just too much countryside. Its just not the same.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By MachoFantastico

I loved the last PGR game, was a blast. Sadly it's still not enough for me to get to excited. I dunno, I just haven't liked the messages and rumours that have been making the rounds. Plus, Peter Molyneux sprouting his usual crap doesn't help, people are already sort of bored of him. That said, hope I'm surprised. Not a fan of Don Mattrick however, if they were smart they'd get someone who looks less like a slimy marketing dude. Anyone else feel that way about him?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By musubi

I was all Yay! at the System on a Chip stuff then I was all Booo at the Kinect is required stuff. Like seriously I don't have any room to use a kinect. I don't have any place to even put it. I have very limited space for stuff by my TV. Also the rumor about microsoft bumping up their RAM count to 12 Gigs so they can play the 12 is bigger than 8 game when the type of memory the PS3 is using is faster anyways is cute.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I like indie games so I'd go PS4.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like a bunch of crap. If microsoft still wants to sell 360's at a low pricepoint after the release of the new console, why would they put go SOC 360 support? Why would they release a halo prequel when Halo 5 & 6 are already "announced"?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.