Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Are you bothered about the ecological footprint of the PS4/Xbox ONE?

Kaineda77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you bothered about the ecological footprint of the PS4/Xbox ONE? (66 votes)

Naah, it's all good. 70%
    Yeah, it sort of bothers me, but not much. 18%
    It bothers me to the point that I am already trying to figure out how to justify the purchase. 12%

Hej folks,

I just wondered if anyone is even thinking about this. If you are interested in the topic, this is found interesting:

TED-talk: Bandi Mbubi: Demand a fair trade cell phone - www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPxg6bRgPhE
    Fairphone initiative: http://www.fairphone.com/

• 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1  Edited By Seppli

Erm... whaaa?

Investing in virtual space, and thus indulging in fivolities (such as driving sports cars) virutally , rather than doing it in physical space, is the only way to keep on going the way we do, in my opinion - at least for the masses. For example - I shudder at the thought of every Chinese and Indian person eventually driving a car. However, if they do it virtually, I don't care.

P.S. I don't drive cars anymore, and anybody living in densely populated areas shouldn't either.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Definitely. All that landfill full of the massively bulky xbox ones will potentially tip countries over. The size of that thing.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nope. But to be honest I don't think I care about any ecological footprint.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Technology > Nature

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Wait, do you mean to say environmental issues or ethical issues? The fair trade phones stuff are mostly the latter and not so much the former.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Icemo

Who cares about ecological footprint. We can live in mars when the earth is ruined.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

On my phone with bad internet are we talking human ethics or environmental issues? If ts the latter then its always a good idea to unplug stuff like your consoles when they're not in use, although I know almost no one will do that.

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I do, but at the same time I have always been jokingly and subversively believed we're too far gone anyway. We'll never reach the utopian Star Trek, that we'll most likely reach a dystopian 2000 AD, most if not all resources are pretty much at their last legs, mindless consumerism for what is essentially the same thing with a different packaging, everything is just owned by one company anyway, governments becoming nothing but play things for the wealthy with their own agendas, war all the time over fickle feuds, and a whole bunch of things that most people consider crazy talk because it doesn't affected them directly, or they're so far embedded in either camp that they don't see a different perspective. I felt like that at age 14. I'm almost 30 and nothing has changed, its only become more and more of a reality. Which is kinda worrying. But whatever right? iphones

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

no

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I don't even care a little bit. And that's not to say I don't care about the environment, I just don't care if my console is eco-friendly or not. Much bigger things to be concerned with on that front.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

All electronics have this issue. As a gamer, I think it's just something you come to terms with, or you basically just accept it as part of the "price." ...Or you figure out a way to relieve us of the problem (i.e. entrepreneur).

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm more bothered that MS wants me to keep a camera device on all the time and facing me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.