Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

DDOS Attacks Shake Up Xbox Live Stability, Prevents Users From Accessing Content

• 107 results
    kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By kasaioni

"[We could] honestly knock Xbox off the face of the Earth."

Haha

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I look forward to whatever free bargain bin title Microsoft decide to give away for free to their Gold subscribers in order to frantically avoid a class action lawsuit.

CanadianMath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By CanadianMath

We must stop DDoSing from happening and to protest such attacks, we will DDoS a company.

Wait.

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zombiepie: 80% chance it's that crappy pool game that was a GwG for ~8 months last year. 20% chance it's a super-popular game that most everyone already owns.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By notnert427

@av_gamer said:

Darn, when it rains it pours for the Xbox One.

1. The console is the second weakest behind the PS4

2. They're losing most of their exclusives.

3. Their console is being left behind in sales.

Now is not a good time to be an Xbox One owner.

1. The PS4 is more powerful on paper, but in terms of actually translating that to games in a meaningful manner, it hasn't really happened yet. Despite some initial overwrought garbage where a bunch of people went apeshit over hearing that the PS4 versions of some third-party games had a few more Ps, the games in reality have looked virtually identical, and in many cases have actually run better on Xbox One for some reason. There's also a pretty good argument for the Xbox One version of Rise of the Tomb Raider as the best-looking game on any console to date.

2. Are you claiming they're "losing" them to PC because they've made cross-buy available with Windows 10? That's a win for everyone. If you have an Xbox One, you get to play a game on two platforms if you so choose (or streaming from Xbox to PC), whereas the PC-only guys will finally be able to play some quality Xbox One exclusives like Forza 6/Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5/MCC, etc. So, what's the problem here? FWIW, the PS4 is the console that needs to step it up in terms of exclusives, as Bloodborne is the only real notable feather in the cap there. Admittedly, the WiiU has some good exclusives, but that's about all it has, as it's really lacking on the third-party stuff.

3. Who cares? That's a problem for Microsoft, not Xbox One owners. (Hell, I'm not even sure it's a problem for MS, given that their stock is currently trading at double what it was pre-Xbox One.) In fact, consumers and Xbox One owners have been reaping the benefits of Microsoft's efforts to make up ground in the sales war. The consumer has benefited from the existence of a cheaper Kinect-less version and a game like Rise of the Tomb Raider that might otherwise never have been made. For the Xbox One owners, Backwards Compatibility probably wouldn't exist, the slicker, faster UI might never have been released, the tweaks they've made due to community feedback might not have ever been addressed, etc.

Count at least one extremely happy Xbox One owner here. This console is amazing, and a few dipshits DDoS-ing Live to briefly affect a few services doesn't come remotely close to changing that. I've got seven consoles in my house right now, and the Xbox One is my favorite by a mile. It's a terrific system that serves as my living room's entertainment hub. Your console war talking points here are pretty weak. #1 hasn't proven to be an issue at all in reality, #2 is hot bullshit, and #3 has actually benefited Xbox One owners and non-owners alike.

AzlamOrlandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was trying to watch Creed after purchasing it on Xbox Live and it would kick me out. The benefit of Xbox One is that I was able to download the film on my PC and plug the USB cable into my television.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy that "braggadocios" made it into a new story :)

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

DDoSing isn't even hacking. By definition, hacking is gaining access to something that you shouldn't be able/allowed to. DDoSing is just disrupting the access of others.

tarynboydNRx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really bad stuff from Hackers. I request them to please leave the gamers alone

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.