Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Gamestop calls the next xbox "Compelling"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So news story came out today from ign that gamestop has an idea or rather they already seen the next xbox and they say its "compelling"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/03/gamestop-calls-next-xbox-hot-compelling

“We’ve been spending a lot of time with Microsoft,” Raines admitted, “but we have to let them take the lead on [the new console], but it will be a very hot, very compelling device. They are doing some really cool stuff, and I’m eager to hear them start their announcements because I think the world is going to stand up and take notice.”

So if gamestop is saying this type of thing, then i have to imagine we can extrapolate that the next xbox wont block used games then as that is a core pillar of gamestops business?

(i know i know, im crazy for even thinking that they would have done that in the first place, but with the way the GB staff talks about how microsoft is rolling lately, it does come off as arrogant.....)

this story does add credence to what patrick said on the podcast this week, that microsoft has some sort of "ace" up their sleeves thats causing them to be real quiet.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

El lockerinoed!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.