Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Has anyone here transferred data from the base Xbox One to the X through wifi?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm just curious how long it takes. I just got an X an hour ago or so, and I'm wondering if I should, later tonight, plug the base Xbox One into my PC here and plug the X into my TV and transfer data from one to the other by wifi, or just wait until the 14th when my brother comes over. My brother has an external hard drive I can use to transfer data that way, but I don't know if I should wait for that. My wifi is relatively fast, but that may not mean much. I'm just wondering what I should do. I'm excited to start exploring what the X has to offer so it'd suck to wait until the 14th, but yeah... I don't know what to do. I know it also depends on how many games and apps are on there, but there aren't that many things on there. To be totally honest, I just want my data on there so I don't have to restart games from scratch.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not 100% here but...I thought all Xbox save data was in the cloud? You shouldn't really have to transfer anything other than the license and then you would have to re-download any game you wanted to play. Unless you're talking about transferring games in a manner that won't hit your ISP? Then I'd recommend giving wifi a shot and if it's slow as hell, just download what you want to play now and wait for your brother for the external for the rest.

Unless I'm missing something here.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: No, you're not missing anything. Yeah, that's correct. Also, I'm just reading things about it now. I thought you needed Gold to use the cloud, which I'm reading you don't. So, my brother (not the one coming over that has the external hard drive) shares the systems with me, and he is the one with Gold and PS Plus as he's the one that likes playing games online. He sets his profiles to home so I can also use online which is super cool though (I wouldn't have been able to play The Division otherwise unless I bought Gold/PS Plus myself). The reason I am going to do the games is that my brother wants me to, not because I want to. If it was up to me, I'd just use the cloud and then after download what games I wanted to later. As for wifi, I am just curious as to how long it generally takes for people to download their stuff. That said, I understand it totally varies considering differing signal strength, internet plans, and how many games need to be put on. Sorry, you gave a good reply, I don't know if I was more confusing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.