Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Which mods would you like to see /are you waiting for?

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cagliostro88

So since Firaxis released all the tools for proper modding since release, i imagine there are already a bunch of people hard at work on creating stuff. Which are the mods you would be interested to try, and are you looking to use them only on future playthroughs or right from when they are available?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I'd like to see some more cosmetic options, especially face types. A lot of the male faces especially look like they are cavemen so I end up using face masks or helmets most of the time. I am trying to familiarize myself with the dev tools as we speak to see if I can whip up some simple new head options like more scarves, gas masks, goggles, helmets, and the like. I know I can do the modeling part, I just need to see what else is involved with getting that stuff exported to the editor and into the game. Giant Bomb mascot bandana anyone?

Beyond that, I would really like to see a whole bunch of new weapon types. Namely I would like to see current military style weapons like M-4 or AK-47 rifles. In my mind I imagine the future resistance would have much greater access to that type of equipment than futuristic assault weapons and alien technology. Could be fun.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

I really hope that at some point someone is going to make a mod that turns it to an actual reboot of X-COM 2, with underwater missions and stuff.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

Something that shuts up officer blab-ford. I found his mission descriptions/reminders helpful the first 100 times, the last 200 have been a bit annoying. Also when that happens I'd love to be able to keep camera control and not get torn away from whatever i'm planning to look at some box he found interesting.

Also, the upgraded armor looks silly and too shiny, something to tone that down would be great.

Where's my matte armor?!
    Where's my matte armor?!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More faces, cosmetics, and voices. I hope somebody adds more languages and/or accents as well.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Nothing really. I'm really not waiting for another Long War mod that adds a whole bunch of weapon types that I have to manufacture first before I can see what it does, and then don't want to use it.

What I would really want in a month or so, is an expansion. Shen's Last Gift is what it's called. I'll take that. It's probably MEC's. I hope gene mods make a return too. Along with more new cool stuff I hope.

I'd honestly rather pay for great official stuff than deal with the sloppy mods I kind of end up not using. That said, mod support for EU was shit, XCOM 2's is supposedly pretty good, so maybe this time there will be great mods.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...voices. I hope somebody adds more languages and/or accents as well.

I absolutely want that too. I know it's kinda of silly, but nothing breaks my immersion more than to hear a chinese/russian/polish/japanese/whatever soldier speak in perfect english while his/her french or german or italian buddies shout in their motherlands' languages (i activated that option).

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike

@mikemcn: I've been looking into this a little while reading the SDK documentation. It should be as simple as editing the Roughness Map values for each type of armor and then saving the whole thing as a new armor type, like Predator (Rough) or (Dirty) or whatever.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded the dev tools if only to see how hard it would be to give a soldier a small chance of being replaced by a faceless. But honestly, I won't mess with any right now. I want a slow tide of meaningful mods. In a yearI should be able to boot up a game that is effectively a community made Xcom 3.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Just give me more characters! Ive been having a blast making my own and there are a few decent characters made by PC Gamer and on the nexus mod. But yeahm more customization would be great, new weapons and sounds. Things like that.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Terror from the Deep total conversion mod that keeps everything pretty much intact, but it's all harder and underwater.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@mike: there is hope then?! Thank goodness, its so shiny and no good for a downtrodden alien resistance.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Removal of the game over timer (the one on the world map). I'm not very good at XCOM 2 outside of missions and that timer gets me every time.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm waiting for a mod that will make it a PS4 game.

Digaumgrunge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Digaumgrunge

@galiant said:

Removal of the game over timer (the one on the world map). I'm not very good at XCOM 2 outside of missions and that timer gets me every time.

here you go http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/mods/40/?

I'm looking foward to some total conversions and/or story driven stuff. Like, a new campaign set in the 20 years between the games, playing as a small resistance team, trying to survive (Or as Advent, if you are a ayy-loving scumbag)

The real dream is going off book. Shadowrun (the new ones). Final Fantasy Tactics. Any game that has turn-based combat set on a grid. Also ninjas.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

More faces, more voices, more props, more character variety.

Murgatroyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping for a mod that shows when you're in a flanking position to the line of sight indicators.

facktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@galiant said:

I think this is a great idea. More generally, I'm looking forward to mods that allow more in-depth difficulty customization beyond the 4 discreet levels. For example, a slower game over timer in the overworld but with tougher enemies in the missions for a greater tactical challenge.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By onarum

@mikemcn said:

Something that shuts up officer blab-ford.

oh god, I need this so bad, it's so fucking annoying every time the damn avatar things goes up a notch or a civilian gets killed or anything bad happens really that dude has to spill some doom speak garbage, Yeah dude I know!!! shut up and let me deal with it, wouldn't be so aggravating if the game didn't take control off of the player when that happens.

Actually I'm kinda hoping that particular aspect is because I had tutorial on when starting the game? anyone playing without tutorials can confirm that?

katsu044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More armor types maybe a option to get a upgrade that allows all armor types to have the same stats with there only being 3 tiers and the final one only having different patterns is pretty lame compared to EU with customizing your armor , more props,voices and even more End game enemy types 40+ hours and i rarely saw any Mutons besides the early game and only ever fought 1 berserker.

Feel like sidearm equipment and the tons different tile sites are the least things in need of future mods

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I totally need something to mitigate the RNG. Specifically with regards to Guerrilla Ops. The VIP keeps spawning in the weirdest places and during 'protect the device' they sometimes start shooting it from turn 1, even though it's on the other side of the map. Which in the lategame means it's already destroyed after 3 turns. That's not even enough to dash there.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

I totally need something to mitigate the RNG. Specifically with regards to Guerrilla Ops. The VIP keeps spawning in the weirdest places and during 'protect the device' they sometimes start shooting it from turn 1, even though it's on the other side of the map. Which in the lategame means it's already destroyed after 3 turns. That's not even enough to dash there.

I've had this happen as well, it's pretty frustrating. It doesn't seem like there is a huge penalty to failing these missions, though. At least that's something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.