Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

You can import/export characters.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure if they announced this officially but the video above shows buttons for importing and exporting characters. Given that they seem to have really doubled down on character customization, this is super cool. Because I always want to mess around with character customization then I end up just saying "fuck it" and not doing any customization. With any luck and help from the customizing sort, we can have a whole mess load of custom recruits. Hopefully including my dream team, known as Barbara Stanwyk and the Beastcast.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

It is cool, but I always thought the customization is what made Xcom so cool. Xcom was the best GI Joe game ever made, you build a team and create your own snake eyes or duke. Investing time in building characters is what made every battle so tense!

For Example: My Enemy Within team was dressed for success. Even Fedora guy
    For Example: My Enemy Within team was dressed for success. Even Fedora guy

cindyvg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I believe that this is the best thing if they are allowing to import/export characters. That's the height of cutomization.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, I made an Amy Wong (from Futurama) in XCOM using an Asian female base and giving her the OG XCOM hair (that looks like Guile) and a pink outfit. I just wish I could recruit aliens to get a Zoidberg to go with my MEC Bender.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Yeah this is a really cool feature. I really enjoyed naming all of my soldiers in XCOM. I didn't name Rookies, but as soon as they became a Squaddie they earned a 'code name'. All of my characters were named after famous authors or characters from literature. I'm looking forward to doing that again. The concept of having these characters going in to a 'pool' that can appear in different game throughs is great.

I also look forward to being able to get characters (hopefully through Steam workshop or in-game download - Firaxis was pretty good at this with the Civ games) that look like cool characters (Solid Snake, Rambo etc) from people who spend a good amount of time making them look good, which is the part of character customisation I'm terrible at.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By User_Undefined

I recently saw a PCGames article that showed how expansive the character creator can be. I am going to be spending a lot of time with that thing.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was really hoping they'd release a character creator before the official release!

RPJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RPJeff

I've already written a bunch of character bios and plan on spending my first evening with the game just making a big character pool.

Must be the DM in me, but I can't wait to "recognize" soliders/VIPs as they randomly populate in my game.

EDIT: I just realized, we should make this thread a home for sharing characters when the game launches!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@rpjeff: We can probably just start a new one, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to want to share their characters.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to spend way to much time doing this lol.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mike

So many Jeff Gerstmanns and Drew Scanlons are going to perish at the hands of the Advent.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YoThatLimp

@mike said:

So many Jeff Gerstmanns and Drew Scanlons are going to perish at the hands of the Advent.

I would never let Drew perish.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless someone wants to create a new thread, this seems like a good place to post any characters you want to share.

http://www.xcombarracks.com/ is a beta website for the posting of characters. But, according to this video it is just a file that can be hosted pretty much anywhere.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think I spent more time playing with the character creator than playing the actual game so far.

The options limited Solid Snake and Ocelot, particularly in the hair, but I'm quite happy with Big Boss.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunslingerpanda: Hey I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a new thread for character sharing, do you want to kick it off since you're the first one to post anything?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.