TARGET 2: GET 10 TROPHIES... COMPLETED
So, I got done with this game at about 12 am Monday Morning. Yeah, kinda pass my 11:30pm dead line deal but hey, shit happens!
So, This is the part where I talk a bit about my final thoughts on the game, the trophies and what not.
The mix of action and rpg was good. There were times that the random battles got annoying but when you have an open area to avoid the goons then you could breeze pass them with no problem. But then again there are times that you want to fight just to see some of the hard core finshers you could pull off. There are times where you pull a finisher (like the one where you swing a guy around by the feet and slam him into a wall) you can tell that would kill a normal man, but well, nothing happens, guy isn't dead... just bruised... It adds a funny charm to the whole thing.
I had a weird problem with the subtitles. I think that SEGA kinda dropped the ball at some points. One scene has the main character, Kazuma Kiryu, and two other characters are talking about a group called Black Monday. There are times the others in the room say something about Black Monday (it's the only thing they say in english) but the subtitles don't show what they were saying, it shows something else, either the person in charge of subbing the game just paraphrased what was going on, or just decided no one would notice.
The two problems I have with this game is the sub-stories. They are repetitive and well, boring. Yeah you can get some items and money but well, I wish they would mark them better on your map, I hated when a sub story had me go to some street, but no markers or anything show up, later on when doing a quest with a partner a green dot shows up on your map. Made me wish that would happen for any active sub story. I guess since the game has like 120 stories that you could have many activated at once the map could get a bit crowded but something could be done about it.
The second problem was the orphanage scenes. Yeah I get that these show Kazuma's new life and all, but they could have been either done quicker or been skip able. The second to last chapter in the game was killing me because I knew I was close to the end but everything came to a jarring stop because a kid had asthma or one girl was a hair's breath away from being conned into whoring herself out... (ok not whoring herself out, but when a 13 yr old girl answers a shady want ad for a job in a back alleyway... nothing good comes from that!)
The story was good, some cliche parts that you know were going to happen if you are a fan of crime dramas. The main draw for me was the fighting and how detailed the cities were. Can't wait to start up part 4!
So most of the trophies I got for my 10 were mainly story based so to avoid spoilers I wont go to much into them
The other trophies that helped me get my 10 were:
- Substory Enthusiast: This and Substory Addict were the most time consuming. I was close to the 50 mark so went for that. After awhile I just stumbled into the addict one when I was close to the end game.
- Substory Addict
- Key Collector: Already had the Okinawa lockers open and had to get about 4 more for the Tokyo section, wasn't too bad thanks to some walkthroughs
- Path of the Warrior: This annoyed and worried me at first due to some trophy sites making it sound like you had to go through all the training missions, but come to find out, only talk to the guys once they pop up triggers this one.
- Hat Trick: This is for getting 3 bulls eyes in a row. Best way to do this is pick 01, play alone, and pick 901 (this gives you 20 rounds) the aiming is a bit hard to get use to but after a bit I found a sweet spot that got me the trophy quickly!
- Tag Horder: Got this one after helping the bums in Tokyo get their building back. In the gambling hall they have a game called Cho-han. The first time I played it the woman kept rolling odds so I wond about 8000 tags, when i exited out to check how close I was to the 10,000 needed the computer then decided to mix it up more, took a bit but I got my goal.
- Chip Horder: Again, at the hobo building. Just went to the rolute table and put 500 on black and 500 on red, got the chip goal in about 10 min.
- Skilled Hitter: Had to get use to the aiming controls for the batting cage. But got this one like 1st round at the hard cage
- Thank You -YAKUZA 3 TEAM- Beat the game... thats all there is.
So, there you have it! Im trying to think how often I will do these blogs, don't know if I will do it every weekend or whatever!