So, anyone try this out yet?

#1 Posted by deathfury (530 posts) -

So, I decided to play through Zeno Clash today, and I think it's great! Maybe a little short, but worthy of a replay. So what do you people think of it so far?

#2 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

I'm digging it. The art is very well done and it takes advantage of every feature of the Source Engine and more.

#3 Posted by causticspit (1 posts) -

I have played it for about 3 hours in total and find the artistic part of the game very nicely done.  I like the story and the characters, but I find the combat a little sluggish...  I really like the source engine, but after seeing the games based on the Unreal III engine (Bioshock, Unreal Tournement 3, Mirror's Edge) I have to say that I find the Source stuff a little dated now.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE Steam/Valve and can't fault them creatively most of the time, but I think the source engine may lack some of the depth of texture richness of the Unreal 3 engine.  But so far, for me, the Crysis Engine is still the best I've seen....  Far Cry2's engine is also very nice, but when you look at what the textures COULD have looked like for Zeno Clash, I wonder if they might have enjoyed working with one of the other Graphics Engines more??

I still dig the game and the story...

:)

#4 Posted by Forcen (1799 posts) -

I love the fighting mechanics. The AI is challenging enough, except when they get stuck behind things trying to get to you.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

How much is this game?

#6 Edited by JoshS (409 posts) -
causticspit said:
"I really like the source engine, but after seeing the games based on the Unreal III engine (Bioshock, Unreal Tournement 3, Mirror's Edge) I have to say that I find the Source stuff a little dated now.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE Steam/Valve and can't fault them creatively most of the time, but I think the source engine may lack some of the depth of texture richness of the Unreal 3 engine."
What? Most Unreal games look the same - it does that grey color really well. Then you have the problem of every game using it besides Epic developed titles having massive texture pop-in. There is a reason why I never moved to UE3 in my modding 'career'.

JJOR64 said:
"How much is this game?"
$20

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.