Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zombie Driver

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 04, 2009

An old school styled driving game inspired by the original GTA 1 and 2, but now with zombies.

Steam wont allow me to download

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

I bought this game on Friday (December 4th) and Steam keeps telling me the game is unreleased, and wont be available until Dec 4th. Any ideas? If GB had anything to say about this on the QL, I haven't been able to watch it.

Zee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zee

Steam does this all the time. Tropico 3 got pushed back 2 or 3 times I believe. You just have to wait until it officially releases. My advice is don't preorder from steam, as they have been doing this more and more lately.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve
    @Zee said:
    " Steam does this all the time. Tropico 3 got pushed back 2 or 3 times I believe. You just have to wait until it officially releases. My advice is don't preorder from steam, as they have been doing this more and more lately. "
    But what confused me is that the release date totally says "Dec. 4th", and GB had its Quick Look.
    Zee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zee

Same thing for Tropico 3. I think what happened there was they used the game's release date for another region. Could have been the same thing here, or they pushed it back and never updated it. That, or it won't be released until a few hours, as this happened to me a few times also. (As steam's on the west coast)

Do you see others playing it? Maybe you should try and restart steam, or just wait a while. If all else fails email steam/check there support page. www.steampowered.com

Edit: Seems like the games up... It says buy on the store page and not pre-purchase

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By jeff

We didn't get it through any sort of fancy connections, we just bought it on Steam when it came out. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#6  Edited By Savage

I bought it yesterday and played through it fine.  The installation was kind of slow and clumsy, but the download was without issue.

Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Vigilance

I downloaded it yesterday and it went fine.  

Overall a fun way to waste 10 bucks and god knows we need more of those. 

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Teran
    @Zee said:
    " Steam does this all the time. Tropico 3 got pushed back 2 or 3 times I believe. You just have to wait until it officially releases. My advice is don't preorder from steam, as they have been doing this more and more lately. "
     Steam sets their release dates according to what the publisher requests.  Most of the time I would wager these aren't mistakes made by Valve/Steam but rather by the publishers.  I suspect there is some other issue (region?) because in GB's quick look of this game I believe they specifically say they bought it off steam (as confirmed above).  
    " Same thing for Tropico 3. I think what happened there was they used the game's release date for another region. Could have been the same thing here, or they pushed it back and never updated it. That, or it won't be released until a few hours, as this happened to me a few times also. (As steam's on the west coast)  Do you see others playing it?
    Again just to reiterate it could have been an error on Steam's part but more than likely the publisher gave the wrong release date for them. 

If the issue was Steam not unlocking a game until mid day of the release date, that is also a publisher thing.  Retailers get mad if the game is available for digital download before their store hours and basically have demanded that publishers give them a couple hours of exclusivity or they'd not carry the title(s). 

In short, Gamestop (and others) are at fault essentially dragging high quality companies like  Valve (Steam) and Stardock (Impulse) down to their level of abysmal customer service.
    Zee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zee

Although it's is up to the publisher, Steam changed it Tropico 3 date with no indication while everyone else released it. I though the same could have happened here.

Anyway the game is out, so if anyone is having problems I say contact support.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.