Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Autumn Sale 2017 - What's Your Haul?

• 82 results
    EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By EthanielRain

Steam Link + Controller

Ass Creed Syndicate (@nightriff Thx for reminding me Origin existed, which in turn reminded me of this game:)

Batman: Enemy Within

The Wolf Among Us

@omgfather said:

I may get the second season of Telltale's Batman, I quite liked the first one.

I think it's a little better than the first one, so far.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By avantegardener
    EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't pull the trigger on Nier, maybe I should? Still on the fence about Hellblade and Wolfenstein.

If you have a lot of games to play already, I think Nier & Hellblade will get bigger discounts before too long.

bstnrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

• Wolfenstein II

• American Truck Simulator

• XCOM: Enemy Unkown

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By 49th

Every Steam sale lately feels like stuff is still very slightly too expensive for me to pull the trigger. Hopefully the Winter sale has some bigger discounts.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only got sniper elite 4, was feeling like killing some nazis from a long distance.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

Every Steam sale lately feels like stuff is still very slightly too expensive for me to pull the trigger. Hopefully the Winter sale has some bigger discounts.

It seems over the past few years since they got rid of the daily deals, a lot of the discounts don't quite reach the highs they used to, IE a lot of 70% sales are 60%, etc.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By Zevvion

I bought Absolver on PC for € 20,09. Been waiting to buy this at a reasonable price after I was informed there isn't a ton to it. Nevertheless, melee combat systems are my jam and this one seems like it has a pretty innovative one that is nice and complex to boot. Just the way I like it. I really hope they stick with it and turn it into something replayable.

I also purchased the season pass for Nioh on PS4 at € 9,99; since I already bought the base game there when it first came out. I really liked Nioh but it overstayed its welcome so much so that I burned out on it before I even finished it, so I had no desire to go back for a while. After cooling off, I am excited to play some more of it.

still waiting for people to tell me that Civilization VI is actually a good game.

It adds meaningful things to the standard Civilization progression that I found it very hard to go back to V. But most people seem to have such an issue with the AI that they did exactly that, go back. Most YouTubers that I occasionally watch for Civilization plays only play V anymore and abandoned VI.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

20$ seems like the right price for me to jump into a nicer version of Bulletstorm again. I remember playing that game and thinking it was pretty cool and looked fantastic. It especially came at a time when lots of games from that era had a washed out, brown look and would like to go back to it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing! I am proud of myself lol

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: I'd say the main focus of any civ game should be AI first. Heard anectdotally they had taken moves to fix it somewhat. I usually am not very good at Civ games anyway so probably couldn't notice a difference.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I picked up

Night in the Woods a.k.a Depressed Animals - the game

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Was tempted to pick up more but my currently playing backlog is getting more ridiculous than normal at this point (really want to jump back into Yakuza Kiwami, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Divinity: OS2, Assassin's Creed Origins - I've abandoned Shadow of War at this point)

I've played about 5 hours of Night in the Woods, so I plan to finish that first, then Wolf 2 on easy, then back into AC:O.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#64  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Ended up buying Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock despite it not getting a particularly good discount. But it's not every day we get a good space combat strategy game. Or for that matter a good licensed game. Hearing Rob Zackny describe his time with it on Waypoint really made it impossible to pass up for me.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#65  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@fisk0: Let me know what you end up thinking about that one. I'm a fan of BSG and space games, so I'm curious.

Frozen27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Frozen27

It wasn't on sale but the original Mafia came back on Steam last week I been playing it for the first time it's frustrating at times but also satisfying being challenged in a game. I can see back in 2002 how this game must of been impressive.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get most games at launch but I took advantage of some VR game sales like Rick and Morty VR and Superhot VR

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By Seikenfreak

@the_grindilow: Finally fired up Motorsport Manager today. Not sure I can give you much feedback.

It's way more detailed than I was expecting? More involved? Think I made it part way through the tutorial and then shut it off. I just wasn't retaining the information. My eyes were glazing over. I was like whoooooaaa slow down.. I can't do this right now. It's not that the concepts of motorsport were unfamiliar to me, I wasn't thinking "I don't understand what any of this means" but instead "holy crap they go this far in? This is overwhelming", and also I for some reason expected it to look better/more detailed in the races. I understand it was a mobile game, but in my mind I was thinking I'd tell my driver when to go faster, slower, or pit and casually watch the cute little cars run around like Micro Machines. It is waaaaay more than that haha

I'd have to be in a very specific mood for Motorsport Manager. It's the same feeling I get when I watch footage of those crazy cultural/war/nation simulation games like Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis or whatever. It looks like you need a Ph.D in history to even approach them lol

So yea, sorry if that doesn't really help you.

Edit: Oh yea, not from Steam but, against my better judgement, I caved and bought Forza 7 via Amazon sale.. So mad at myself for buying it. It's the same damn game! I swear they are using some of the same car models they've been using since Forza 2 or 3. Very few games I ever regret buying. This is one. I played it for 5 mins, said "Nope" out loud to myself, ejected the disc, placed it back in the case, shut the system off and chucked the game on my desk and jumped on Amazon to check the return policy. Screwed.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just undertale!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up buying The Sims 3 with a load of expansion packs.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get anything. Wanted to, but I held off. Will probably pick up some stuff on the Winter Sale

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein: The New Order/The Old Blood
    Near Death
    Virginia

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Got a steam controller and it came with 'free' copy of Evil Within 2.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#75 fisk0  Moderator

@sparky_buzzsaw: It seems neat so far, pretty similar to Flotilla if you've ever played that, or I suppose it could be compared to a 3D Frozen Synapse - i.e., it's simultaneous turn-based combat where you decide what your ships should be doing for the next 10 seconds, where they should move and what their heading should be at the end of the turn (in order to make sure enemies are always within the firing arcs of your turrets), and try to predict what the enemy will do in that time, and then watch it play out.

It has an annoying crash bug at the moment though, it crashes at the end of cutscenes if you don't skip them. The developers are apparently working on a fix to be out in the next few weeks, though the bug had been reported for almost two months.

Apart from that the game seems stable though, and you can watch the cutscenes up until they're about to end before you have to skip.

At the end of each mission you can watch a real-time replay of it, rendered in the shaky cam style of the show, which works pretty well in larger battles, but looks kinda silly in the tutorial missions where there are only four ships in the combat zone, but the camera man still has problems framing them.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By elyhaym

Ended up getting:

• Batman: Arkham Knight - Seems like they finally got the worst stuff sorted and was heavily discounted
    • Just Cause 3 - Cheap enough for some mindless blow-shit-up times
    • The Banner Saga 2
    • Vanquish - Have it on PS3, didn't touch it, so I thought I'd get it on PC and enjoy the "upgrade"
    • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Same as above
    • Far Cry 4
    • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
    • Watch_Dogs 2
    • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    • The Evil Within 2
    • NieR: Automata

I might still get or might hold off until the Christmas sale:

• Hollow Knight - Unsure, as I've been known to bounce off these Metroidvania games before
    • Tales of Berseria - Still very on the fence with this one
    • Mafia 3 - Can't decide if the discount is enough, considering it wasn't particularly well received
    hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Out of my wishlist, I picked up a few things that crossed my threshold:

• Pyre
    • X-Com 2
    • Dream Daddy
    • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am heavily debating between X Com 2 and Oxygen Not Included. Other than that, I haven't spent much on the Autumn Sale.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ripelivejam

Caved in and got Prey (and AC Origins) via GMG.

Still debating maybe Endless Space 2, Firewatch, Ruiner, and Farming Simulator 2017.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thinned my wish list more than I probably should...

• Dishonored: Complete Collection (Dishonored + DLC, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, Dishonored 2)
    • Grim Dawn (ARPG)
    • House of the Dying Sun (space combat)
    • Risen 3: Titan Lords Complete Edition
    • Watch_Dogs 2 Gold Edition
    • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition

I also gifted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition and Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition on Xbox to a few real life friends.

emumford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just Dragon's Dogma for now. I wanted to get Nier to play before the GOTY discussions as they're bound to spoil the shit out of it but even after discount it's $48CAD!

The new Deus Ex is only $10cad so may still get that. Otherwise, will wait until winter sale.

macethedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to hold out for the Christmas sale, hoping for even lower prices...

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By jaycrockett

Nothing. Haven't bought a humble bundle in a while either. Feels weird to say but I think I'm off PC gaming for now.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Capum15

You know, I'm not even sure I saw the store page during the sale and that feels weird. I did get AirMech Wastelands the other day but I think it's on it's own sale.

Spent the entire weekend basically playing Ghost Recon: Cocaine Mountain (Wildlands) and Black Ops 3 campaign co-op due to the Xbox Live sales. Both are pretty good, but I'm hooked on Wildlands way more than I ever thought I'd be. I basically zone out while flying the helicopters (I love how the "Classic" controls feel, far more than the newer ones) and go collect things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.