Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host as we look back at the creative endeavors from the community from the previous week. First, I just want to thank everyone who joined me in reminiscing over HitmanAgent47 last week. It was a trip and somewhat comforting to see those Hitman meme pictures didn't all disappear. However, a few other usernames cropped up during that time that are equally memorable, but probably in a better light. Speaking of which, have I ever said how much of a shame it is Claude isn't on the forums anymore? Jeez, I'd LOVE to see what Claude thinks about the Nintendo Switch! In fact, I'm willing to allow him to have a mini-paragraph review of the system on the next Spotlight if someone can get a hold of him. I know he had a rough go of it a while ago, but MAAAAAAAAAAN would I love to see him talk about the current state of Nintendo consoles, even if it was for just a hot minute. Anyways, we actually have LEGIT news about the forums worth discussing! Also, it was an incredibly "active" week on the forums!
- The big news this week, obviously, is the creation of two NEW forum boards on the site. There are now Anime and Wrestling forums! However, keep in mind these forums still fall under the normal forum rules. Additionally, the Off-Topic forum is not going anywhere anytime soon.
- If you write any blogs related to anime or wrestling, and it lacks any gaming related content, please attach your blogs to those forums rather than "Off-Topic."
- Link to "Anime" Forum; Link to "Wrestling" Forum.
- In case you may have missed it, and have a premium subscription, there was a new episode of the Film & 40s podcast, with the film this time being Pokémon: The First Movie!
- Over on Instagram, Rorie interviewed Brad and asked him "Hey Brad, what was the first computer you ever built?"
Tweets Of The Week
I'm still not going to PAX. But, I had to keep this one tradition alive. All 78 devs and 79 games of the @IndieMEGABOOTH all have pages on the @giantbomb— Brad Lynch (@MarinoV1) February 23, 2020
wiki now, which means all those games should be on Twitch soon-ish (if they weren't already).https://t.co/hJmbKIgH9M pic.twitter.com/GvvPQt7IyX
Are trains just really bad trucks?— Giant Bomb Out of Context (@giantbomb_ooc) February 24, 2020
- Austin Walker, 2016
Nintendo announced QR Codes created in Animal Crossing: New Leaf would carryover to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. That's GREAT NEWS for the Giant Bomb community because our community QR Code sharing thread is filled to the brim with awesome shirt designs!
I'm going to include this for one more week, but calling all Call of Duty fans! There's a newly revived online community regiment for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare! If you are up for networking with other Giant Bomb users playing the game, then this is the thread for you! Get the details on how to join it using the link above!
Giant Bomb Galleria
This week, OddParticle didn't just limit their webcomics to JeffHachi, and instead, has a handful of Giant Bomb webcomic throwbacks! If you enjoy what they've made, don't forget to follow them on Twitter to remain up to date on their comics!
Clips Of The Week
Here's an incredibly HILARIOUS compilation video of the 02/21/2020 UPF of every time the Giant Bomb swear. Surprisingly, Ben did not swear even once. Also, give a warm welcome to Jeremy for getting back to Giant Bomb compilation videos!
Many thanks to Dr_Mel for making a video compiling every frustrated reaction Jeff made while playing Super Mario Bros. Special! This is worth watching for a good laugh!
Best Of Blogs
You can always count on moderator Mento to publish a couple of blogs on the site! First, they attempted to list all of the games that have used or depicted Viking and Norse mythology! After you give it a read, feel free to share and discuss any potential omissions. Additionally, he continues their WONDERFUL "Indie Game of the Week" blog series on with a look at Heat Signature! Give it a read and discover why they were thoroughly impressed by the procedurally-generated rogue-like!
Giant Bomb user Nethlem gave Sairento VR a shot on their Oculus and uses their latest blog to discuss why they think it provides one of the strongest VR experiences they have seen in a long time!
MooseyMcMan exhaustively reviews the positives and negatives of Warframe and Tom Clancy's The Division 2, and shares if they scratch the same itch as Destiny 2 for them!
Join The Discussion
The newly created "Wrestling" board on the site has a new discussion debating "your favorite in the pro-wrestler in the world right now!" Use the link to share your pick!
WHELP... the new "ANIME" forum board is off to an AMAZING START! The first thread created in it is titled "What is you favorite Isekai?" And many thanks to Pat Baer for the SOLID response!
Attention Giant Bomb FGC! We have a new discussion thread titled "What would you wanna see with a possible Capcom vs. game?" How would YOU reboot the franchise after Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite?
To anyone who pre-ordered Nioh 2, do you plan to check out the "Last Chance Trial" this weekend? Are you excited that it will let you import your character's appearance to main game?
Calling all Yakuza fans! How much of the Yakuza games do you complete before going for the ending? Do you play the mini-games? What are your feelings about Shogi?
Here's an interesting discussion for Giant Bomb users both new and old! What do you think is the "most important" piece of Giant Bomb content? Remember to consider the possible distinction between "important" and "funny" or "iconic!"
Here's our community poll about GeForce Now! Vote if you have a subscription, are considering, or will pass on the service! Don't forget to share why you feel the way you feel as well!
Here's an interesting discussion thread for anyone who owns an Xbox Elite controller! Do you use the back paddles on your Xbox Elite controller? Share why or why not with the rest of the community using the link!
Giant Bomb user inspectorfowler has friends who teach English in non-Western countries and is seeking game recommendations for teaching and club purposes! Can you think of fun games that could help kids trying to learn a new language?
Here's another interesting discussion thread on the forums: do you expect a price increase for the Xbox Game Pass service? Would a price increase in-line with Netflix or Hulu+ be a deal breaker for you? Share your thoughts!
The Bayonetta / Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle has come out, so, what are your impressions of the re-release? Do both games hold up? Have any of you played it on a 4K display?
Here's a new community discussion thread for Zachtronics' most recent game, MOLEK-SYNTEZ you should consider joining if you have played the game! Share your impressions of the programming puzzle game!
JackiJinx makes a GLORIOUS return to Giant Bomb with a highly humorous list of the games that have defined their relationship to the hobby the past handful of years!
frontman12 continues their list retrospective on what they consider the best games of the 2000s! This week they annotate their favorite games from 2006!
Useful User Reviews
- @moonlightmoth's review of Death Stranding, they explain why their issue with the game is how its gameplay and storytelling "risks" rarely pan out.
- @wemibelle had some free time and used it to play 2018's The Hex from developer Daniel Mullins! Read their review on why they consider it one of the most cleverly written games they have played!
- @capt_blakhelm checked out Forsaken Remastered! Read the ins and outs of the remaster, both good and bad, by using the link below!
- It's not every day you see someone cite Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Kubla Khan" for the purposes of a game review, but @hell0jed did exactly that for their Vanishing Point classic video game review!
- @blueholeprod is starting a new "classic" game review series where they go back and review the launch window games of the seventh generation of video game consoles! Here's their review of Resistance: Fall of Man!
- @chlomo finally got around to striking Outlast 2 from their video game backlog. Unfortunately, they use their review of the game to discuss why they consider it a brutal disappointment.
- @chlomo's Project Zero review continues their year-long project or re-reviewing classic horror games! Give their review a read to discover where they rank the remake of OG Fatal Frame!