Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Spoiler Warning- Crazy theory alert!

Mister_Gale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mister_Gale

Man; that ending was great, however crazy it maybe. Saying that, here is my equally crazy theory behind both the ending and the credits voice-over:

So, what if the whole of AC 2 takes place within another animus and its Desmond’s son currently in it.

It goes some way to explaining the two unidentified voices over the credits and their conversation. I mean what son wouldn’t have a heart attack when re-living the point where dad was forced to stab their (maybe) mother.

Maybe I’ve watched Inception to much... I’m not sure.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I don't remember who said this or if I just think someone said this already but. I think it might very well be still desmond only it's after 2012 and he is unknowingly going through his memories trying to figure out what desmond did with the apple after he killed lucy. Much like what happens when Desmond tries to relive a traumatic memory in the animus they have been forced to have desmond go through memories further in his past so that they can actually relive the memories they are searching for. The memories being what happened to Desmond, Rebecca, and Shaun after he was forced to kill lucy.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By papercut

I'm still not convinced Lucy is really dead.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany
    @papercut said:
    " I'm still not convinced Lucy is really dead. "
    She got stabbed, if their were any ambiguity, it would have been clearer. One theroy  that i've heard is that Desmond is Adam and Lucy is Eve. Eve has to be punished for her wrongdoings so whenever this happens, the eve must die, Lucy
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Donos
    @Dany said:
    " @papercut said:
    " I'm still not convinced Lucy is really dead. "
    She got stabbed, if their were any ambiguity, it would have been clearer. One theroy  that i've heard is that Desmond is Adam and Lucy is Eve. Eve has to be punished for her wrongdoings so whenever this happens, the eve must die, Lucy "
    She got stabbed in the gut once, then cut to black. There's your ambiguity.
    NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuCTR

I was under the impression that the voices on the credits was a reference to Subject 16  ("But the animus did this to him") and foreshadowing for what may happen to Desmond Psychologically. Also I thought that the implication of Desmond stabbing Lucy was that the "gods" are displeased by the Templar/Assassin wars and they were going to make Desmond their agent for ending it, at the cost of humanity if necessary.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnDudebro
    @papercut: Medicine is way better now than it was in the 16th century. I'm sure those other two I can't recall the names of had enough first aid training to patch a stab wound.
    rossburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rossburns

I'm pretty sure the voices in the credits were two men dragging Desmond (you can hear him say "No..") back to the Animus as just somewhere to put him for safe-keeping while they can figure out what to do next. Note that you can no longer select "Leave Animus" after the game ends. 

The real question is who the men are. More assassins? Templars?

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By haggis

This has been the theory that has been passed around, and I'm still not really convinced by it. I think it's a bit too obvious. 

@Haru48 said:

"Also I thought that the implication of Desmond stabbing Lucy was that the "gods" are displeased by the Templar/Assassin wars and they were going to make Desmond their agent for ending it, at the cost of humanity if necessary. "
    I prefer this interpretation. Not that we really understand the intention of the "gods" at this point. I think too many people are interpreting the ending in the light of Inception and are looking for complication through adding new layers. Maybe they're right, but I rather hope not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.