Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Assassin's Creed: Rogue takes place during the Seven Years' War in and around the American colonies. The protagonist, Shay Patrick Cormac, is an Assassin-turned-Templar who is hunting his former Brothers in the region.

PS4, XB1 Remaster coming March 20, 2018

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Per Kotaku and an Ubisoft released teaser trailer, this is getting the remaster/re-release treatment this year. What's notable about this for me is that I was thinking literally last night that I should dig out my 360 copy and play it since everything I'd heard about this indicated it was a better game than AC: Unity (which I actually thought was "okay-ish") and I was in the mood for some Black Flag-style ship combat.

So if there are any other last gen games you'd like to see remastered, let me know and I'll think about them for 30 minutes or so and we'll see what happens.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm not surprised this one is console only, I just played Rogue on PC last month and thought it looked great. If the remastered console versions look like that and can maintain a solid frame rate it should be a pretty good looking game.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I might pick this up. I dig the setting, as Arctic Black Flag as a Templar sounds rad. Everything I heard about this game was that it was surprisingly good, but it largely fell off everyone's radar (including mine) from being released only on the old consoles. This seems like the kind of game that should get a second chance with the remaster.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NTM

This was one I wasn't going to play because I didn't want to buy any more last-gen AC games, and I didn't think it looked necessary but ended up doing so last year (I think it was last year?) I thought it was actually really good. It was basically more Assassin's Creed Black Flag with a new setting (and some familiar from three), which I really liked. It has a decent story, decent gameplay (if you are okay with that kind of gameplay, you know how it is for the most part) and I liked the soundtrack a lot. It also finishes the Kenway trilogy while also connecting nicely into Unity. The game runs really well on the One where it often stays above 30fps, though not quite hitting 60fps. I am kind of disappointed a remaster is coming out because I remember saying that if a remaster came out, I would play it, but now that I had already done so I don't think I will play the remaster.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mike: I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make it run like trash, just like Syndicate and Origins. Though, I can't remember how Black Flag ran, so maybe there's some hope.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good news. Very under rated and overlooked game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that it's out, is anyone going to play it or did get it?

Loading Video...

I still might some time down the line. It is a good game, and a better-looking one is nice.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

30 FPS on the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro? Seriously? This game is 4 years old and looks more or less like the PC version does.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
    CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, like a lot of people, didn't play Rogue when it came out but had it on my to-buy list, and I thought this remaster might be the way to go, but I'm not seeing a huge reason to get this version over the last gen one. Yeah, it's slightly sharper, slightly prettier, but not to a degree that wows me.

On the other hand, Sea of Thieves is a real bummer and I have zero interest in that PvP-focused Skull and Bones game, so...if I want to play a new pirate game on current hardware, I guess it's this or nothing.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I thought the idea of playing a villain in an AC game was a great idea, but remember the talk around this game being fairly middling. Can't remember the details, just the impressions generally framing it as skippable.

Black Flag is very possible in my top 5 top 5, so maybe I'll give this a shot when the price is right.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No interest in going back to that old school gameplay (besides maybe revisiting the games i played already for nostalgia's sake) so this is a pass for me. I liked black flag but the on foot stuff was boring and the naval stuff never really clicked with me, and that seems like what this is.

I am interested in how the pc remastered version will look? I wonder if they will translate it to the new engine or something? Debating on getting Origins since it's on sale right now on uplay.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@theht: The story's one of the better ones in the series. It stays focused, doesn't have the AC tendency of introducing too many characters and never knowing what to do with the bulk of them, and manages to make a compelling argument for its "villainous" protagonist. I played this and Origin practically back to back, and while I think Origin's gameplay has largely made most of the series that came before irrelevant, this is still a quality open-world game. If you can nab it for a cheap price and you're looking for something to kill some time, this is definitely worth a look.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Jesus, I can play the BC version at like almost 60 on XBOXOX so that is kind of a tremendous bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.