Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bestostero

...was really disappointing... lol

it definitely was not worth 9.99, should've been 4.99... and i thought it was more Robin-centered, but Batman was probably more prominent in this than Robin was...

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Totori

does it actually have any story significance at all?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bestostero

i havent finished it yet, it was pretty boring so i quit to watch american ninja...so i would say no. basically you switch between playing Batman and Robin and Robin is looking for Batman or something...and Harley Quinn's there lol

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Gerhabio

New areas? Is there new predator challenges included? New achievements? about how long is it?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bestostero

New area...yes kinda...but its underwhelming, its nothing we haven't already seen...its like a new part of an existing area? there are new trophies... and I havent finished yet...but ive talked to someone who just beat it, so i doubt its long...

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By clubsandwich

Finished it already, it was cool but certainly not what I expected, didn't felt that epic vibe like with the main story. I'd still recommend it tho.

Boogieknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boogieknight

@Bestostero: I don't think its fair to judge the DLC and talk about it in the past tenses like that when you haven't even finished it.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngeTheDude

@Boogieknight said:

@Bestostero: I don't think its fair to judge the DLC and talk about it in the past tenses like that when you haven't even finished it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@AngeTheDude said:

@Boogieknight said:

Also, you use too many ellipses. You're not the protagonist of a JRPG.

As for the DLC, it wasn't anything too special, but AC was such a boss game that I played through the DLC twice already.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Hizang

I'm glad I didn't listen to you, this post almost made me not buy it, but I did and I had a cool time. I hadn't played the game since It came out, I beat it back then and I really loved it, one of the best games last year. Sure the DLC wasn't the most exciting or story driven, but it was cheap and short and hey was DLC for one of the best combat games around. I was happy to just go around fighting dudes, it also was cool to play as Robin, never played as him before and was a good change.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bestostero

@Boogieknight said:

well i finished it, and i can still say that its not worth getting, its nothing new, its very brief, its uninteresting and its my opinion lol

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GolazoDan

I'm enjoying it so far just because I never did the Robin stuff (my brother bought the character for the maps, I never played them until now) and he's a cool character. Because he has a SHIELD and that's awesome. Not that far into it but I'm enjoying the different character, refreshing my memory with how enjoyable the actual combat in this game is and hell, just the general story.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vodun

The lol:s sure lend an air of credence to the opinions expressed here.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AngeTheDude

Ending your post with "lol" immediately invalidates your post.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By crithon

not the worst thing I ever played.... but it's cramming in too many single player activities into such a small 1 and half hour story. It ties up no loose ends instead it beats you over the head the small little item that can be located in joker and Harley's office. I admit I enjoy Tara Strong's harley, but she doesn't have much to work with, I'm guessing no Paul Dini involved in writing. There's a slightly new environment but it's all recycled art from the game. It's enjoyable to play as Robin, I think it's more worth wild to buy the Robin DLC instead.

Harmonican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Harmonican

I would not recommend this to anyone. It made me feel completely done with Rocksteady's Batman. If I had spent any money on it I would have been pissed.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NakAttack

@Harmonican said:

I would'n't recommend this to anyone. It made me feel completely done with Rocksteady's Batman. If I had spent any money on it I would have been pissed.

Then how did you play it?

Harmonican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Harmonican

@NakAttack said:

@Harmonican said:

I would'n't recommend this to anyone. It made me feel completely done with Rocksteady's Batman. If I had spent any money on it I would have been pissed.

Then how did you play it?

Free code from the publisher.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jillsandwich

I don't take my purchasing advice from people put eighty-god-damn ellipsis's in their writings.

I'm going to play this. Every single person that's advised me otherwise in person were incredibly stupid, so I'd rather just try it out myself.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince
    theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By theredcoat24

I got it and finished it in like 3 hours... maybe I was expecting more but I thought it was just rather mediocre in the sake of story and gameplay

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

Granted this thread was started by a neaderthal (he is Johnny Cage), I think the DLC deserves some discussion. I agree with most sentiment, it crams all of the componenets of the single player into about 1 and a half hours switching from Robin to Batman to tell a pretty mediocre at best story.

The more interesting part of the story is touching on Batmans psychology after the death of the Joker. He seems to be a much darker Batman for it and it is very noticable by Robin, Oracle and Commisioner Gordon. This definitely looks to forshadow how Batman will act in the next game in the series, even more distant (if thats possible) than usual.

I would recommend it for people who loved the game enough to still own it today and have played it several times or are looking for more Batman. If you're more casual and just finished the game once, I would say pass.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Rincewind

I finished it in an hour and felt very unsatisfied, I wasn't even rushing. The story never moved forward at all but the worst of it is Robin never gets any acceptance from Batman :'(

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By laserbolts

@AngeTheDude said:

Ending your post with "lol" immediately invalidates your post.

I wouldn't go that far but it doesn't help.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    @Rincewind said:

I finished it in an hour and felt very unsatisfied, I wasn't even rushing. The story never moved forward at all but the worst of it is Robin never gets any acceptance from Batman :'(

WHEN WILL THE HATE END?!?
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShaggE

Kinda weird how defensive people are getting about this. Could it maybe be possible that the DLC just isn't very good? I'm not saying it is or isn't; I haven't played it yet, but nitpicking his typing as a reason for his opinion to be invalid is a wee bit silly.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Akyho

I am just going to watch a walk through. Not a noisy lets play. A silent Walk through.

Played by a competent person. I should know. sat in his bedroom and I watched him take on most of the challenge rooms almost untouched or close. While I get a score just into the thousands let alone hundreds. He is a bit rusty in the videos, come near the end he is back on form...just the very last fight tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auFiFhgmFmk&feature=relmfu

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By MildMolasses

I'm enjoying it. It certainly isn't only the level of the main game, but still good for what it is.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it serves as a painful reminder of how terrible I am at the combat in those games. I would love to be tossing off the gadgets and whizzing around like a master ninja, but I'm barely able to hit the necessary prompts to avoid getting stabbed to death

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BBQBram

I finished it yesterday, took me about two hours. Got all the achievements apart from the one where you've got to defuse the bombs in three minutes. To be fair it did seem pretty run-of-the-mill, no big suprises or anything. I liked the little story for what it was, kinda foreshadowing Batman's state of mind for the next game. The achievements were fun and the pacing had some real momentum but yeah, it was basically the design of the main game crammed into a few hours; stealth, fight, find. Did very much like playing as Robin as I've used him in Riddler's Revenge before and it was fun using his gadgets for traversal and in puzzles.

I'd say it's worth the ten bucks if you really loved Arkham City.

KelpPlankton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By KelpPlankton

I was dissapointed with this DLC enough to be a huge nerd and review it here. If you haven't bought it yet and are considering it, please give it a read! I honestly don't think most people will get what they want out of it. Anyone who just wanted more gameplay is going to be satisfied with the challenge maps they've put out, and this just doesn't deliver enough story to be worth the cost.

I do hope Robin is playable in the next game though. With an expanded gadget library.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

hmm ... this is out? Is it out on PC too?

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Roger778

I got the game of the year Edition which came with Harley Quinn's Revenge, and I played it after beating the main game.

The only real highlight of the game for me was playing as Robin, which was a nice change of pace, although Batman is still awesome. But it was incredibly short, and still ended with a cliffhanger ending. It's the first real DLC I ever tried out, and it wasn't very impressive.

2 1/2 out of 5 for me, which is below average but not terrible either.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cannonballbam

Obviously we played two different games, Smooth Criminal edition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.