Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

*SPOILERS* I'm starting to question whether Joker...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Is really dead or not. The VGA thread led me to Mark Hammil's twitter. It's been awhile but he said the following:

@HamillHimselfMark Hamill

Joker manages to make the gorgeous Only You ultra-creepy, but the big question is: Who is he singing it to? HA!!I'll never tell!insidescoop

Originally everybody assumed it was just him singing to Bats. But now I'm thinking it's him singing to his kid.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Barrock said:

Is really dead or not. The VGA thread led me to Mark Hammil's twitter. It's been awhile but he said the following:

Joker manages to make the gorgeous Only You ultra-creepy, but the big question is: Who is he singing it to? HA!!I'll never tell!insidescoop

Originally everybody assumed it was just him singing to Bats. But now I'm thinking it's him singing to his kid.

Well Im pretty sure its been said Hamil will not be doing the voice for any more Batman games. So if its someone else..then he might as well be dead.   

Also look at his tweet before the one you posted. It kinda makes it seem he did not even know it would be in the game. 
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Barrock

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

Well Im pretty sure its been said Hamil will not be doing the voice for any more Batman games. So if its someone else..then he might as well be dead. Also look at his tweet before the one you posted. It kinda makes it seem he did not even know it would be in the game.

But what if Hamill's already recorded the dialogue?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Barrock said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

Well Im pretty sure its been said Hamil will not be doing the voice for any more Batman games. So if its someone else..then he might as well be dead. Also look at his tweet before the one you posted. It kinda makes it seem he did not even know it would be in the game.

It as said he would not be in any other batman games. 
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Barrock

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

Stop murdering my thoughts!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Barrock said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

Ok..there is A LITTLE HOPE. Clayface used to be an actor. And in the animated series. (Which used the same voice actors for Joker and Batman) One of the episodes has clayface "Dieing" and in truth leaving behind a husk. He called "death" The ultimate acting test or something...soooooo
    mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Lazarus Pit.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @mylifeforAiur said:

Lazarus Pit.

Doesnt work if not powered. And getting to one past Ra ghoul is a pain in the ass. Harley could not pull it off alone. IF they play him being alive still im guessing the clay face bit would work best. 
    Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Gonmog

Don't matter. I think the AA style of batman games needs a break fro a few. Give us a new story line and new gameplay with the next batman game. :D

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Enigma777
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @mylifeforAiur said:

Lazarus Pit.

Doesnt work if not powered. And getting to one past Ra ghoul is a pain in the ass. Harley could not pull it off alone. IF they play him being alive still im guessing the clay face bit would work best. 
    Mr. Freeze.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Enigma777 said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @mylifeforAiur said:

Lazarus Pit.

Mr. Freeze.
    I was thinking more Penguin. Freeze tends to work alone. 
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By landon

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

He said on his twitter that if they do any more Arkham games or animated movies he'll do that, but nothing else.

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By randyf

I feel he's dead. It was an extremely dramatic scene at the end and if they had him still be alive in the next game it would completely ruin the ending of this one. There are plenty of villains to choose from. You don't need the Joker in every single one.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Enigma777
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @Enigma777 said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @mylifeforAiur said:

Lazarus Pit.

Mr. Freeze.
    I was thinking more Penguin. Freeze tends to work alone. 
    Yeah, but if you kidnap his wife he'll suck of a dozen midgets without batting an eyelash. He's easy to exploit. 
    bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By bkbroiler

What if Hamill retiring as Joker is all a RUSE? HUH! WHAT THEN

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OldGuy

Comic Book Villain.

Death Means Nothing.

Now, I'm going to believe Hamill and say that if Joker comes back we will have a different voice. Otherwise, all bets are off..

Avatar image for iichristian89ii
    IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IIChristian89II

Id like to see the joker stay dead tbh. IT would give some of the other villains more of a chance. I mean what about a good two face story? Or even Harley Quinn could take over, i heard one of the inmates on the radio thing saying how she would be worse than the joker if she took over after he died, its always an option anyway.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Dany
    @OldGuy
    Comic Book Villain.

Death Means Nothing.

Now, I'm going to believe Hamill and say that if Joker comes back we will have a different voice. Otherwise, all bets are off..
    What if it does here? That would be cool
    OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OldGuy
    @Dany said:
    @OldGuy
    Comic Book Villain.

Death Means Nothing.

What if it does here? That would be cool
    Yes, yes it would... I can see facing (heh) Dent as the main next time... or maybe Fries; he's actually my favorite Bat villain - the remake he got in B:TAS really made him so much better.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghostiet
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

Ok..there is A LITTLE HOPE. Clayface used to be an actor. And in the animated series. (Which used the same voice actors for Joker and Batman) One of the episodes has clayface "Dieing" and in truth leaving behind a husk. He called "death" The ultimate acting test or something...soooooo
    That would be pretty good if they pulled that off. I mean, the death of Joker is great, but that would be an excellent mind screw on top of a mind screw.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By CL60

I'm still going with my theory of Clayface falling in the Lazarus Pit having significance, and he's going to come out thinking he's the last person he turned into. Which is Joker.

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DrMcKittrick

He's dead. He did not get the cure like Batman did. Not even the Joker can escape a virus/toxin whatever it was.

They need to focus on a new villain now. I'd love to see more Riddler or Two Face.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Barrock said:

Mark Hamill also said he's retiring his role after Arkham Asylum came out. And then Arkham City was announced and Mark Hamill was voicing The Joker.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By face15

@IIChristian89II said:

Id like to see the joker stay dead tbh. IT would give some of the other villains more of a chance. I mean what about a good two face story? Or even Harley Quinn could take over, i heard one of the inmates on the radio thing saying how she would be worse than the joker if she took over after he died, its always an option anyway.

Harley Quinn without Joker would be great. In some weird kind of way it always seemed like Joker was kind of reigning in Harley's crazy a little bit, without him she would just be brutal.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By TheHBK

I thought it was super weird to just have them kill off joker. I mean, they approach this game as if it takes place in a similar world to the comics or animated series, you know, recurring villain appearances. To kill him off, and by a disease, just dumb i think. Anyone put any thought into the fact that Clayface fell into the Lazarus pit? There are just so many things I found wrong with this game from a story and fiction perspective.

amoremono1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By amoremono1

@CL60 said:

I'm still going with my theory of Clayface falling in the Lazarus Pit having significance, and he's going to come out thinking he's the last person he turned into. Which is Joker.

This....theres gotta be a significance to clayface falling in the pit....Me, I could be done with the Joker, as much as I love Mark Hamill's version of him. Id rather see a supercharged clayface running around doing spot-on imitations of other villains. Maybe, those villains seek batmans help in clearing up whatever mysterious shit hes doing in their name, and you can never really tell who youre talking to....hell, batman could even end up having to spend awhile clearing his name while "batman" (clayface) does some dirt.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
    deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

They do seem to REALLY want you to see that Clayface is being pushed back into the Lazarus pit.

And Joker with Clayface abilities would give me nightmares I think.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nottle

I didn't even remember Clayface going into a lazarus pit. I thought it was just a bunch of lava or something. Guess I wasn't paying attention to that part.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.