Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Tenenbaum (spoilers)

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ma_rc_01

So what happens with her? You see her at the beginning but she's like "hey go see that guy" and she disappears FOREVER.

TravisT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TravisT
    ZAPBoston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By ZAPBoston

I also expected Tenenbaum to have a larger role in the game. She seems to be only a transitional voice to provide continuity and facilitate your introduction to Sinclair. 

I'd be interested to know what happened to her. There is evidence to construct a theory either way:

1) Lamb is gone and Persephone is destroyed so the creation of new Little Sisters should stop. Depending on how you played, I guess Gil Alexander could still be alive. He would have the knowledge to restart the Little Sisters program but probably not the focus or motivation. This could mean that Tenenbaum would return back to the surface with her emancipated LIttle Sisters. 

2) On the other hand, Rapture has taken a real beating in these two games. Explosions, areas flooding - even areas suddenly being drained would strain the city I imagine. I wonder if Persephone destruction and fall into the trench could have damaged Rapture and killed Tenenbaum. Even if Tenenbaum was still alive on Rapture, how could she escape. She confides with Delta that she is unsure how to leave Rapture with her new emancipated Little Sisters. At the end of the game, she could still be stuck at the Atlantic Express depot looking for a working bathysphere somewhere. 
    lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    ZAPBoston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By ZAPBoston
    Note: Since this comment involves what happens to Mark Meltzer , spoilers are included. 
    i don't know LordXavierBritish, Mark Meltzer doesn't seem like a character to design a sequel or even an expansion pack around.  
    1. Jack Ryan was artificially created to assassinate Andrew Ryan. We know part of his creation was rapid aging. I also assumed that another side effect was being tougher than normal human. It's the only way I could justify Jack surviving BioShock 1 and taking down an army of Splicers and Big Daddies. 
    2. Delta was a prototype Big Daddy. Not as durable as the production models but still tougher than a normal human. 
    3. If you wanted to build a sequel around the Mark Meltzer as he is initially introduced to us - he is a 100% normal human. It's tough to believe he could escape Rapture. I found it hard to believe he made all the way to Sofia Lamb. If you want to build a sequel around the Mark Meltzer / Big Daddy, that would be a game very similar in storyline to BioShock 2. 
    JohnGalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JohnGalt

@ZAPBoston: 

1. If you wanted to build a sequel around the Mark Meltzer as he is initially introduced to us - he is a 100% normal human. It's tough to believe he could escape Rapture. I found it hard to believe he made all the way to Sofia Lamb. If you want to build a sequel around the Mark Meltzer / Big Daddy, that would be a game very similar in storyline to BioShock 2.     

Although Meltzers story in the Something in the Sea campain is pretty sweet, i dont think his time in rapture would have enough meat to really work out as another sequel, even if it was like a parallel story to delta. I do think, however, that Meltzers story would be awesome DLC, even though you know the outcome. i feel like that could have some good potential.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By I_smell

He doesn't have any weapons or plasmids.

Also yea, I think Tenenbaum's dead.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

She GTFO of Rapture.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Skytylz

they are gonna make another and she will be in it too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e95ba42dcd
    deactivated-5d9e95ba42dcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tenenbaum says she has to go help other people which is basically a giant neon sign saying "I WILL BE IN BIOSHOCK 3"

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By demontium
    @ma_rc_01: Bioshock 3: Tanenbaum's Revenge.
    dudeitsdon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By dudeitsdon

She is the playable character in Bioshock 3. The game will revolve around more stealth since she isn't all juiced up on plasmids, and isn't a superhuman. However, when she is backed up into a corner, she can and will talk the Splicers to a philosophical death. Instead of taking pictures or recording a video for research points, you will make audio recordings about how bad you feel and how much you hate yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.