B.J "the prodigy" Penn is a mixed martial arts fighter, and the current UFC lightweight champion. Born in Hawaii, B.J Penn burst onto the MMA scene after a extensive amount of training with Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. B.J stormed the mundials and won on a black belt level as a young man. Penn then became a well known fighter as he stormed through the UFC lightweight devision. Penn is one of the rare fighters that can fight any style, and almost at any weight. Penn has fought as low at 155 pounds, and as high as Light Heavyweight (205 pounds). Soon after a loss at lightweight, B.J decides to move up in weight and striped the title from Matt Hughes at welter weight in dominant fashion. Career Highs and Lows Highs
- B.J defeats highly ranked Takanori Gomi by rear naked choke
- B.J submits Matt Hughes
- Penn avenges his loss to Jens Pulver by second round rear naked choke
- Penn dominates Joe Stevenson to win the lightweight title
- Penn defends his title against Sean Sherk by TKO in round 4
- Penn dominates Diego Sanchez.
- B.J is stopped by an underdog in his first title shot.
- Penn walks away from his welterweight title in the UFC to fight elsewhere
- Penn loses to Machida
- B.J losses a split decision to George St. Pierre in a title contender match
- Matt Hughes tko's him in the 2nd fight
- B.J quits on the stool in the rematch vs. GSP
- Penn loses twice to Frank Edgar and is forced to leave his division.
B.J. is currently recovering from his draw against Jon Fitch at UFC 127 in Sydney Australia.