Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

Extra weapon slots

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 splodge  Online

Hey folks,

How do you get extra slots for weapons? I can still only switch between two, and I am lvl 13. Am I missing something?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Story missions. I'd say you're pretty close to the first one.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 splodge  Online

Ah ok. I have been doing side stuff... that explains it :) Thought there was a shop I could not find or something

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really should've just let players use all four weapon slots from the beginning already.

I hope it happens in the next game cos i'm tired of having to wait for them to open for hours and hours because of some reason.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

They really should've just let players use all four weapon slots from the beginning already.

I hope it happens in the next game cos i'm tired of having to wait for them to open for hours and hours because of some reason.

Yeah, pretty much. We're three games into the series; I think I can reasonably be expected to be able to switch between four weapons before the, like, fifth hour of gameplay.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
    Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horrible design decision.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@zenmastah said:

Yeah, pretty much. We're three games into the series; I think I can reasonably be expected to be able to switch between four weapons before the, like, fifth hour of gameplay.

Yeah, especially with this game where the levels offer more open ways to deal with enemies due to the low gravity it would be nice if i would not have to constantly go to the menus to change my loadout for the first 3/4 of the game.

I just entered the end game and got my fourth slot open.
    Too long.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds like too late in the game to have any effect. Felt like the other two games had you rolling round with four guns just past the halfway stage.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Having to wait so long for fast travel is pretty annoying too. Oh well.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Agree about the Weapon Slots thing, it is a little tiring to swap weapons in and out.

But, the two weapon thing hasn't bothered me in the first few levels, because it feels like most of the quest and combat situations were taking place in larger, open areas where I would only use long-range weaponry (Rifle/Pistol), so being limited to two of those wasn't too constraining, but it wasn't 100% ideal either.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 splodge  Online

Yeah I agree also. Or at least let me spend currency to unlock them.

Another issue I have is that when the story beats kick off, it does not immediately highlight your next objective a lot of the time. You sit there and wait for the marker to show up. This has led to situations where I have left a room while someone was talking, ran around looking for where I was supposed to go, then when they finish talking the objective appears in the room I was just in and I have to run back. It is frustrating. I dont pay attention to the story whatsoever when I play borderlands. I run through it all and listen to podcasts while blasting stuff in the face. QUIT MAKING ME STAND STILL!!!

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

100% agree with Splodge about the standing around part. Let me head out on the mission while they are still talking, please! And it takes WAY too long before it opens up that third slot. It feels really good when you finally open it, though, because of that. I think there should be 5 slots and at least 3 should be open from the start. 2 is just too restricting. You are well into groups of enemies that have a mixture of shields and armor before you get that 3rd slot opened.

The grinder is making me carry too much useless junk around in my pack, too. But I do use the vault quit a lot now because of the grinder. Rarely used it in BL2. Moonstone seems really plentiful. So my weapon clips / backpack got big way faster than they did in BL2.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You are so right about this. It feels like it's in there to prop up Borderlands RPG bonafides but progression in RPGs shouldn't feel like removing burdensome restrictions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.